Ren'Py - Completed - Lord King [v1.6] [ArchonStudio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

AlexTorch

Lord King [v0.6] [ArchonStudio]

Story = Well...i belive is the strong of the game, a really good story, just think fallout with skyrim, you are in a apocalyptic place, and one of the last cities, this city have sectors and each of these sectors have a lord, and these lords answer a queen, also there is the taint, a disease that transform people in mutants.
    Renders = Really good ones, we have a lot of diversity of models, and now we have some good milfs.
    Sound = We have a little of musics, but the intro music if the best of all, i wish we could have some music in the other places, like the farm, the castle, etc.
    Amount of content = If you are starting now, you have a really good amount of content, and every update we have somenting new, from characters, to quests, the game is a little grindy, but after a point, the game become a lot easy, just the beggining is a little hard.

Well, i must say that this game show something new in renpy, the game is almost a strategy game made in renpy, with a good history, good scenes, you have an character (an enemy) that you will hate (and will probably love to cut his balls off and choke him with them). Like i said the beginning of the game is a little grindy, but after a point, you will almost never care about money or food, and the best is the history, is really well done, and of course, everything become even better with a nice dev.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Sarkasmus

TL;DR;

- v0.5
    - Honey Select default characters, poses and animations
    - One-hour-Playtime bloated to 12-hour-Playtime by Sandbox
    - Random events screwing up progress
    - The Grind... oh THE GRIND!
    - Story is nice though.

---

The best I can say about this game right now is: Promising. Or maybe Ambitious. So it could become something good in the future, but right now it just isn't that much fun to play.

Your task is to govern the city-district by keeping the amount of Slaves, Citizens, Food-reserves and Money high. Every morning you meet with your helpers and get random events thrown at you. And those random events are a pain in the ass! Stolen slaves, exploded labs, etc...

If this was a simple linear VN you could play it in an hour. But the Sandbox-Mode, paired with those random events, inflates the playtime by multiple hours of grinding. And there is almost no variety in it... it is always the same girl stealing, it is always the same girl marrying, visiting your concubines gives you the very same options every time... but you have to do it multiple times to maybe get something out of it at some point.

And if oyu just play the story, every time you think "Now it could get interesting!" you instead find the "in a future update" line in the Questlog. Looking at the changelog, I'm just going to wait 4-5 updates before trying it again.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Salami Pasta

[v0.5]
    Fun little game, wish for more content though.

Renders are.. fine.
    UI is also fine.
    Music is sparse, game needs more ambiance.
    Most all characters are likable. Some funny moments there.
    Gameplay was OK, quests are clear, no randomly clicking stuff and hoping something happens.

Overall, it's not mind-blowing, but generally alright. Good in an average kind of way, I guess. I'd give it 3.5.
    More content!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

iron4doves

I would not recommend this to anyone unless they were absolutely desperate. The content (story, art, animations) are stale, add a bit of poor game design and writing on top of it and you've got an unpleasant experience.

Models are honey select, poses are 99% stock default poses, there is not much sexual content and what there is you have to grind like a bitch for. The characters are boring as hell. Your wife is boring. Your sister is boring. Your first harem girl is boring. Your second harem girl is a dumbass. The blue bitch is the only one that is decent and all you can do with her is get her naked.

And sure, that's me bitching about a lack of content in a incomplete game (0.4) I get that. BUT, if any game, complete or not, is going to have this little content, the grind to get to it shouldn't be this much of a pain in the ass. Literally had to fucking click the same three buttons 126398 times to get through 347 weeks in game because random events kept stealing my resources. What a WONDERFUL MECHANIC. THANKS GAME DEV I REALLY LOVE THE BIT WHERE YOUR GAME JUST FUCKS ME IN THE ASS OVER AND OVER.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DeadLasT

This is one of those games that you could play over and over again and not get tired of it... This is a game that brings together a lot of different elements and it makes the game a lot of fun to play (even without the adult stuff... Granted that stuff makes the game well even more fun.... lol...) I am new to F95 but i have played many many games already and this is one that I look forward to seeing completed! Playing this game made me want to watch Into the Badlands... lol..
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Scy7he

It is a fantastic game, thoroughly enjoyed playing it

Pros
    -Nice amount of content already even at v4, I had hours of fun playing it and enjoyed it playing
    -The girls renders are nice, unique from each other but all are beautiful non the less
    -The story (even tho is post-calamity setting) is unique from other such games from the same genre and I'll even put this game above them

Cons
    Only a few bad things at the moment
    -Some very minor grammar mistakes
    -A bit grindy (tho being a lord should realistically not be easy so I'm all for it)
    -Music is present on only certain scenes or part of scenes, a good audio for the game would be nice (tho I know some prefer to listen to their own music)

Suggestions
    -Maybe let us do the same thing in Saturday mornings like Sunday instead of just skipping it
    -Also instead of adding active quests only after receiving it, maybe having something like ['????????' or locked quests icons or even total number of quests (12/15)]....anything really to let us know there are some quests whose conditions we haven't met yet

Overall, I had a great time playing it and I hope the dev continues to make the game even better :)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Lolzi

As of 0.34 this is pretty good. Now there isn't a lot of content but there is some. The concept shows promise but I think the story leaves something to be desired (early days).

No audio that I can tell. The models are okay but... yeah. I hope to give another review in a few months on newer content.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

wrarar

graffics and draws (cg): well done.

story: well writen and easy to follow.

characters: a lot, and with a nice variety.

scenes (all of them): really well done.

gameplay: fun and well done, just a bit grindy.

conclussion: i can see a lot of future in this one, there is already
    a strong ground with the characters their personalities and the story, but
    also so much room to improve, maybe in the music and sounds.

this game TOTTALLY deserve your time and money.

psdt: i truly belive that if this game where a FPS, it would be a amazing one.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

juanito

Review as of [v0.34] – 16/6/20

I enjoyed this game very much!

There are plenty of cute girls in the game, which is the most important thing. My favorites are Vica and Megan, but the rest, specially the closest ones (Taina, Danka, Lori) are great too.

I played with my volume muted so I don't know if there is sound.

I could complain about the grind but it is not too bad, there are enough events interspersed between days. If I played again though, I'd make sure to amass a good amount of money before bargaining with the Eastern Lord and the Queen, since that cripples the economy. I'd also be more conservative with the emancipation process.

I liked the Quests system but it needs to be polished. Sometimes there are quests marked as incomplete until the next update, but then it turns out that they are actually finishable.

Overall, I'm pretty excited and looking forward to play this again in the future.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Drako

As a big fan of post apocalyptic it is hard to not be biased with this one , However i can only think of renders that are good but still can be done better, everything else is perfect .The world dont feel empty like many games of this genre since you have things to do everyday, the characters are interesting and funny , the game play is easy and fun , there is a little grind but nothing that stop you from enjoying the game . in general the game is very good i hope to see it completed .
  11. 4.00 star(s)

DragonKnight1998

I have lots of second thoughts about leaving a review on a game that has barely started. That being said, I have reasons to believe that this game can be succesful. Now on to the review:

The setting is simple, you have become a landed lord on some dystopian city and you must get yourself to the top through means of political intrigue, while a mutant horde looms in the horizon. Not bad, slightly cliche but thepolitical intrigue should make up for it.

The gameplay, while improving is still pretty barebones (I think some bones are missing in fact). You have 3 classes of people to manage and 3 types of resources. Each day events happen which may hamper or boost your progress, making decision making interesting to say the least.

The dialogue and cutscenes need proof reading and the vocabulary (much like mine) needs expansion. Nothing too serious, but I would love to see more emotion from the other characters. Take the other nobles for example. When their plots come to light it causes some emotion to the player, but it could stir so much more if done right.

The sex scenes are few and limited in length. Mostly Vanilla stuff. The romance on the other hand is much better and I would like to see more.

Overall a nice game, which will improve as time goes on. This review will change in the future.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

I would more accurately rate this game a 4.6/5.

Firstly, I wasn't expecting much. Usually, I walk into a new game with an open mind and the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes a game just doesn't click with me. This is not one of those games. I had fun every single minute that I played.

SETTING: Now, I've got to admit, I am showing a little bias toward the setting because I am a HUGE fan of fantasy and apocalyptic settings/themes. This game mixes both pretty well and I felt at home.

STORY: I wasn't sure what to expect from the story, but what I've played as of 0.2 has me intrigued. I really enjoy the harem collecting and even the little bit of romance portrayed so far (which will be expanded upon). The Lords, the evil Queen, and an incoming horde of mutants give enough feeling of haste, danger, and charm. I am really looking forward to see what will happen and what we can do in the next update.

QUESTS: The quest log system is easy to understand and follow. The game consists of Main Quests, Side Quests, and repeatable activities. The main and side quests are interesting and fun while at the same time developing the world and background characters. They also contain plenty of action which is always a plus in my book.

CHARACTERS: All of the characters I have encountered have their own quirks and personalities and are easily memorable. No character seems the same, at least to me. Some you will love and some you will hate. The girls are adorable, sexy, and all-around pleasant to look at (and no super ugly MC model which tends to plague HS games).

CONS: I am not afraid to express my dislikes for a game, especially when they are abundant. However, this game is just nearly perfect in my eyes. First, is English and spelling. As a native English speaker, a few sentences were hard to read, but overall the English is good enough to understand the story and whatever is happening in that specific scene. If the dev ever gets a proofreader, then it will make the game even better. There is a bit of a grind in the game (soldiers, weapons, and money), but it is not that bad. I've played other games that were grind-heavy which ruined the fun, but I didn't get that feeling while playing this game.

To conclude, these are all MY OPINIONS, and some may or may not agree with what I've said and that's ok. But hopefully, anything I say will pique the interest of some players to the game and enjoy it as much as I have.

Keep up the great work dev. I am rooting for you ;)
  13. 1.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + We had an interesting story potential but it's ruined by DEV's poorly-writing skills...
    + We have good animation physics but the general quality looks pretty bad.
    + We have a good sense of humor. Some scenes are pretty funny.

Bad Points
    - Renders and animations need some quality to improve and maybe changing the art style and color scheme of the game could be a pretty good idea, currently it looks kind of bad...
    - A lot of fight and detail is literally scripted to force you to lose! Doesn't matter how prepared and how many soldiers or weapons you have, even if you are winning with hundreds of soldiers game still tells you you gonna lose like the scene in the west, I literally had 250 soldiers when I start fighting with them and I was doing great, I just lost 15-17 men or something but still, I was forced to leave the west and run away from the horde or same happens when they attack your farm as well or when they attack your own district! What's the point of having a lot of soldier or fight systems if a scripted game story gonna force me to lose again and again?!
    - Whole fight thing is nothing more than pressing three choices and hoping for good RNG... There is zero image showing how the fight goes, there are zero sub choices you can do some difference in the fight, there is zero gameplay involved and that makes fights plain and boring...
    - Story's potential is kind of ruined with a couple of things like Pino being a traitor... Seriously? They literally survived in Wastelands and he betray his best friend only because of not having a lot of women? He could have just asked and we could find him some girls!? His betrayal makes literally zero sense and it's nothing more than unnecessary drama...
    - Little changes to girl's faces, hair, and hair colors (hair colors look so bad and cheap) to make them more attractive could be good. And please change the color of the girl's nipples bro... Do you have any problem with beautiful or pink nipples? Why you are making every woman's nipple dark and ugly? SMH...
    - In sex scenes seeing more angles, positions, etc could be good. And for sex rewards more fair rewards maybe? For example, Megan tells us ''I could masturbate you or give you 70 coins.'' come on? I'm god damn lord and she is telling me she can masturbate me LOL
    - I'm telling this bad point for v1.5 and after 2 years of development time... This game didn't improve as it should... Renders, girl's bodies, character faces, animations, etc... They are still nearly the same after 2 years and not improving your game after 2 years is a big red flag... DEV should have improved his game more after that much time... That's just sad... Killing your own game potential without doing anything is pretty nonsense...
    - Especially with the last updates this game gives a more and more boring feeling with main and character stories... We lost the flow of the story we had in the first parts of the game and it's just sad...
    - Well, our game is completed now but I wouldn't say this game is completed at all or that DEV did a final update... The final update was rushed AF and it was terrible. Our friends dying without any choice because of some dumb reasons was pretty annoying. And there is the thing about not even seeing any single picture etc for what happened in the good ending missile launch scene... And again we didn't have any ending scene on how things ended with girls etc. SMH... This is by far the worse final update I have seen for any game...

For The End
    This game had potential but sadly it looks like DEV couldn't reach that potential... After 2 years of development time, this game is still the same and has not improved at all and even became worse with every new update... The especially final update was disappointing AF... I don't suggest anyone play this game, don't waste your time as I have done...
  14. 4.00 star(s)

liege_n

Really good start so far. Great character models and character interactions so far; one of the more interesting premises and I think MC has been written well so far as well; the resource management system is alright, definitely not too annoying; English translation isn't amazing but it's one of the better originally Russian translations.

I don't like the bit where the game runs out of farmhands to hire and then random events upgrade them into citizens and then all of a sudden I'm losing food, though, I really don't think the cap at the trader is a great idea.
    Also I'm at negative soldiers because I kept getting events murdering them so that's fun.

I'll definitely keep following this, though, definitely enjoyed it.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

KingWeWuz

UPDATED .9 Review.

Perhaps my .2 review was a bit too enthusiastic. I don't quite know what happened or how it happened, but it feels like the author lost a lot of enthusiasm for the game.

I don't know clearly how to describe it. The initial release of this game was, at least by most standards considered successful. A handful of bugs didn't rob us of a good time, limited grinding and fun management were all well done. However, things didn't keep going well.

The direction of the game is going in all the wrong ways. The main girl, who got quickly attached and even felt jealousy when the mc started paying attention to other girls?
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's a mutant girl whom you help, she's another mutant dude's wife. She quickly became a fan favorite after she showed a surprising layer of innocence in the dark times.

And what of our "roommate?" She was my initial favorite, but she turned out to be rotten as hell.

I actually liked Ully and her punishments, but if you go over after the sex scene and ask for a bj, she seems to have forgotten she enjoys your company and pretends to hate you again.

I hate to say it, but the characters, which was the initial DRIVE that motivated me to regularly check for updates are either very inconsistent or lacking in depth.

The dialogue does suffer from translation issues. This needs an editor.

Some animations feel rigid, like plastic robots trying to look like they're giving a bj, but it looks completely unnatural. The newer ones are definitely better.

16. 3.00 star(s)

LizardUniverse

Girls look great
    Grammar is just real bad
    -which makes the jokes all the more painful and hard to follow
    saving is broken
    i met the mutants and hit the escape button to save progress when i was given the choice of either looking at the mutant or telling her to fuck off?
    instead of opening the save window it cancelled the dialogue and skipped to night
    i used the auto save file to return to the scene
    but was pretty much forced back to day 2 and given the getting to know your house mission all over again
    and for those who don't understand what this entails
    its a mission where you have to talk to 4 people
    you can only talk to 2 per day b/c talking takes a long time
    i honestly don't have it in me to go redoing all of this only to lose all that progress anyways...

it seems that talking to your people creates productivity?
    i really hope that im wrong but...
    on the day i spoke to the big man who's managing the potions i made money
    on the day i didn't no money was made and the morning meeting was adjourned... on the day i spoke to the folks at the farm i got +39 food
    if im right and this is how it works, please... dont do this... it makes no sense i doubt your workers need to be baby sat
    and its bad enough the slave costs 300
    initially i wanted to give it a lower score but tbh if the grammar gets better save files work properly, i'd like to give it another go. I'd still take this over a certain game with extremely painful minigames.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

AWillowAtDawn

Well from playing this game, i gotta say it got a decent chanse.
    The story is decent.
    Manegment of the game gives u a good start so if ur just a little smart its easy to grow alot.
    The only negative thing so far about the game is the translation , its okey but not good . hopefully with uppdates it will become better .