VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

werag17897

Feb 2, 2020
I got this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 436, in execute
screen main_menu():
File "game/screens.rpy", line 436, in execute
screen main_menu():
File "game/screens.rpy", line 441, in execute
add "images/misc/menub.png" at Chromatic(offset=0)
File "game/gresources.rpy", line 5, in chromatic_function
At(child, Transform(xoffset=0, gl_color_mask=(False, True, False, True))),
Exception: Unknown transform property: 'gl_color_mask'
Works fine for me, I can also see the Chromatic Aberration is gone on the V19 logo.

Here's the files:

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Justine however, needs to go. Manic, jealous, vulgar, and emotionally abusive. All the traits I look for in a psychopath...yikes...
Ehh, you're reaching it. Woman has issues, but her reaction was somewhat understandable. Story would be dull if MC&her had ideal marriage, she immediately accepted Kailey ( like Susan, MC's girlfriend from Our Fate).
And her, being unable, to have children could be something that pushed her into alcoholism.
This could be a very wholesome story, with her&Mc reconnecting, and Kailey becoming part of their family. Really hope devs don't rush this.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Our intention is to have animations in the game, but i'm not an animator.

We would need to hire someone to do the animation (and my quality standards are really high), if the project gets more support in the future and it's economically possible, animations would be one of the things on the top priority list.
Sadly the game is not even profitable right now and I also need to upgrade my gpu for both render times and being able to render such animations.

I hope this answer your question, and thank you for playing.
NEVER use pre-made animations. NEVER.
You are on the right track. Keep making your gorgeous sexy renders until you are able to make animations that will look good and you can call your own.
I repeat, NEVER use those stinking pre-cooked animations. They only ruin the sensuality of any sex scene, I've seen it countless times. A good number of nice still renders that you made yourself is way better.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Not a bad update, dev wrote this one more realistic than I thought it would be. Justine's reaction was quite realistic and Justinefied. Id expect everyone to be unrealistically fine and dandy with each other like how most AVNs portray female characters but I'm glad that wasn't the case here. Not a fan of the fact that she's okay with the MC fucking other women as it's another avn cliché but more importantly it negates the point of her outburst. Tho she does later tell Kayley to back off because the MC is her man so it was corrected I guess? either way was a good update. If I have to nitpick tho I'll have to say the MCs inner monologue can get really annoying. Especially around Kayley. Likes he's constantly thirsting over her and it's really creepy. I get that the dev is using the sex addict shtick as an accuse to write the MC as a creep but ultimately if there's a pure father route like in Our Fate then it's already ruined imo.

Reactions: botc76 and Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I also think the response from Justine to this entire thing is quite realistic and proper. Surprisingly lucid even.
If a marriage is less than perfect (a lot are) then there often a disconnect in the communication.
In this case, both the MC and Justine are both right and Justinefied (LOL DetroitAfterDark :ROFLMAO:) in their actions / reactions.

Their relationship isn't exactly normal from a sexual point of view, so I have no big problems with Justine accepting the MC's extramarital adventures. She seems like a pretty kinky woman and may even get off on the thought.

Avaron1974 regarding the DNA test, I agree that it would be logical but there are good reasons why it's not (yet) done.
First of all, the timeframe. I imagine doing a paternity test would take at least a few weeks to get the appointment and get the results back from the lab.
But secondly, maybe both the MC and Kayley want / need to believe that they are father and daughter, maybe even subconsciously, and don't really want to risk a negative result.

I think it's more that we as an audience want to know if they are actually related or not. And in that respect I also feel a bit torn on Kayley "coming out" as a virgin. It's also definitely something that the audience wanted but perhaps in the context of the conversation it was perhaps a bit early for such revelations.

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes