VN - Ren'Py - Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 CE Part 2] [V19]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Simp Cattu

I haven't played for long, but I feel so intrigued I must leave a rating immediately. The writing is really natural, not so overly theatrical like other VNs, I can actually feel like it's something someone would say in real life. The poses on the other hand are quite dramatic in some scenes, and they just break the immersion. Regardless, great game, quite distinguishable from other titles with the same settings, can't wait for more from dev!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

wstlndwarrior

This review is from playing up to Chapter 4.

This game has really nice flow first in foremost. Only negative for me is the speed at which Kailey gains affection for the MC as well as the intensity. This can be overlooked since there is a time skip. However, for character and relationship building - I feel this shouldn't have been overlooked. That content is what gives greater excitement during the intimate scenes.

Long story short, I would highly recommend a playthrough. It is definitely going to be worth it when the novel is completed.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Majindevil

the typical problem of a game wich startetd with a great first release shown from the high ratings at the beginning and then falls totally flat.
    lots of meaningfull choices at the start and no forced content like not interested in the wife or whore ok just reject them.
    but as the game progressed choices lose there meaning (still able to reject the whore but still have to suffer through her antics coffe girl could be nice when there werent the bullshit with the slut)
    I cant stand the wife and rejected her all the way and still forced to fuck her... damn when you make a char unlikeable from the beginning stick to it and let the player choose if he wants to engae with her or just turn around and walk away....
    after the last update i dont think i will play it further the only good left are the renders but they alone cant save a story.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Purple Lagoon

The first chapters were really promising. There seemed the possibility of different paths (corrupion/love/caring).
    Chapter 4 and 5 however were dissapointing to me.

First of all, two forced sex scenes with the daughter. So much for the caring path.
    Second. the constant wining of the mc is getting on my nerves. Keeps saying "I must control my sex drive, I must control my sex drive" and then proceeds to have sex with the daughter without a second thought.

A lot of unnecessary drama in this game, a bit too much for my taste.

Also, the chapters don't have that much content.
    Five chapters may seem like the game has already a decent size of gameplay, but it's actually rather short.

So yeah... I'm a bit afraid this game is going downhill fast.

The models are very beautiful though.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

endless1m

very beautiful visuals, regardless if its the girls or the food they cook.

sadly the writing gets really bad quickly after the restaurant scene. its too rushed, too unrealistic, and additionally I personally really dont like it - the exaggerated white-knighting and being ok to get walked all over by the annoying wife. also the writing for the sexscenes is really unsatisfying. (and the one scene where the fwb girl gets the virgin coffee shop girl to do stuff with you and she tells her she wants her to be a strong sexually liberated woman made me almost vomit into my computer screen tbh)

+ visuals top
    - writing flop

the young looking daughter is hot af though, and I loved all the cooking and food, looks so yummy =)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Pantera1320

This game has beautiful characters and good writing that makes up for the commonly used lost daughter plot. Some of the girls let you get straight to the action and others have more of a slow burn with options for corruption or love. The author is planning to add animations and puts out good sized content regularly. Hope the developer can finish this one because it has great potential.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Very solid renders, decent looking characters and props in general.
    Solid writing, kind of interesting approach to the overused trope of lopst daughter.
    The story progression pretty much feels organic ,if that is a thing, with some exceptions.
    "Sex" scenes seem to try to tell a short story at least, what ever can be told about it at least.

Overall it looks like a 4 or 5 stars game. BUT:
    -The main story has not many scenes, so even if it feels kind of organic, some bias from the reader is needed to fill in the blanks created by the lack of scenes.
    -Chapters 1 and 2 feel like organic cause there is different stuff happening that peaks at the end of CH2.
    -Chapter 3 is pretty much filler and some office drama, and it adds a 7 days later, but those 7 days storywise dont add anything, since CH3 ends prety much where CH2 ended.
    -Ch4 feels like a game whose developer feels its gonna crash soon and tries to go a little farther from what you would expect,seeing the previous progression curve, and it ends in the worst way possible, with your expectations subverted, and a decision that has no impact in the game cause it ends.

And this game is finaly average cause the writer played a very cheap and dirty trick, the cockblock, having established previously that the problems at the office would delay the wifes arrival. That is lying to the reader, and after having the episode 3 as filler of stalled progression, I think the game is not worth playing untill its completed, or abandoned.

TLDR:
    What can be good from any art piece, this game has it above average.
    But also has some share of the worst any art piece can have which is filler, and stalling, and all the tricks to artifitially stretch a story beyond the creator's capability.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

fluffcube

This is generally a very well made game, but the writing pretty much ruins it for me. The renders and the characters look great. The "cinematography" for lack of a better word is noticeably good as well, although the shots intentionally hiding the MC's face are just bizarre and out of place. Do devs really need to keep doing this?

The worst thing to me though is the writing. The dialogue is good enough most of the time, but the characters feel pretty unnatural sometimes. The story mostly revolves around idiots arguing about petty drama. The type of shit that's irritating in real life, let alone a game that's supposed to be entertaining.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I had a hard time deciding between 3 or 4 stars on this one. This is a story driven game. There is some decent content, but the focus is clearly on the story.

The dev is talented. The settings, scene blocking and renders are all really good. Admittedly, some of the renders are a bit grainy, but that is probably a GFX issue and not due to the dev.

My only real problem with it is not being able to see the MC face. I sort of understand why devs do this, but in this VN, the MC is visible in a whole bunch of scenes. For me, this only works if the VN is predominately first person and the MC is not seen very often. In this case, however, it's distracting to see the MC and the daughter sitting together on the couch with half the MC's face showing and the top of her head cut off. For me, it was really distracting and it kept taking me out of the story.

Admittedly, I am more into the stories these days and while I am here for the content, I am looking for a good story to go with it so taking me out of the story is not good IMO. For those that just like to look at pretty things and decent content, you will probably like this better than I do. Also, some of you may not mind the half head approach.

Regardless of what you like, you should definitely give this a download and try it yourself. I am looking forward to seeing where the story goes,
  10. 5.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

The renders and writing for this vn are very good, there's not quite as much freedom as I like, since I prefer sandbox games but it's very good.

This game actually made me sad, the daughter is the spitting image of the girl who left me about 3 years back and the render quality and the way the artist captured facial expressions made it all a bit too real (take it as a good thing)

The only criticism was how quickly daughter was suddenly comfortable, even laying her head in his lap immediately
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hatty

I'm partway through the game as of ch 4. The art and models look really good. The story so far just focuses on the main characters and how they interact.

The characters in this game really stand out. The MC and his wife are assholes, but they know they're fucked up and stuck with how things are, so the interactions come off as complicated, funny, and realistic. In many AVNs, the MC and other main characters do asshole things frequently, but never acknowledge it or face realistic consequences for it. In this one, it's a part of their character and isn't necessarily malicious. Moreover, Kailey's backstory is pretty emotional, and is really a victim of neglectful parenting, so it's clear she could really use guidance from someone that cares.

So far, I would recommend this to anyone who likes character-driven stories where the character are fucked up in a realistic way. Also, anyone who loves an incest story should be eating well with this one.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Leelaverse

I'll start with the pros of the game, which are the stunning characters and how great the game looks, al the characters are attractive and no real annoying character that you have to deal with. The story is well written for the most part, whats going on makes sense and there aren't really any grammatical issues.

There's really two things "wrong", the first and minor thin is no animations, which would enhance the game a whole lot but isn't taking anything away from it. The biggest con for this game, and the thing keeping me from even giving it 4 stars, are the lengths of the so called "chapters". A chapter is usually and lengthy period of time, or a time of signifigance, which is anything but what these chapters are. The latest "chapter" (chapter 4) is only a single day, with the story not progressing at all, with nothing of importance happening. I was going to give 4 stars, but it seems like the content is getting less and less and can't give 4 stars with the lack of content per update.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Nico Odin

Pros:
    - good story
    - interesting Characters
    - great Art (renders and models)

Cons:
    - No Animations
    - Chapters are too short / small for my liking

Overall:
    - very good AVN with a promising future
    - I would give 5 stars but because the chapters are too short / small I can only give 4 stars
  14. 5.00 star(s)

ImaginaryMe

Great game so far. I'm really enjoying the story, character models and flow of it. It goes at a pretty good speed with enough story and lewd content to keep you wondering what will come next. Very interested to see where this goes in the future and I think it could be a top game when it's finished.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

mocrok

Interesting take on a classic story; very well written.
    Characters feel distinct and unique.
    Strong point of this VN is it's originality.
    Relationships feel real and believable, with constellations that I have seldom seen.
    Excellent quality renders.
    Sleek UI.
    Relaxing Sound.
    So far, not clear how many decisions have impacted gameplay (or if they do at all: feels like "Choose Sex" vs. "Choose Nothing".)

All in all, excellent game!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

I-No

Ch. 4 - complete Edition

It's definitely not your usual fap game. The game is progressing slow, but I am not complaining. There is a lot of time to learn about the characters involved and their complicated relationships. A drunken wife, a kinky lover and a bitchy female boss. And then there is that blonde beauty claiming to be the virgin daughter. Put a major sex addiction on top of that and you have the recipe for a very spicy story.

All of this is being presented with outstanding renders of beautiful models in a believable and realistic world. The attention to detail is mindboggling.

"Lost at Birth" is one of the top titles on this site. Well done, V19XX! I can't wait for the next chapters...
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

System: Android
    Version ch-3 complete v19.1

Pros:
    Character Models/Render look great

Cons:
    Story feels too pushed without a decent build up and Character development.
    No Animations
    No Auto function
    Boring Sex Scenes
    Dialogues feel dull and uninteresting at times.

When I first saw pics of this game, I was really excited to play, because it has beautiful Models/Render and I really like the premise.
    But sadly I ended up being really disappointed with this game because, while it looks good from the outside, there is so much that this game doesn´t deliver. The lack of animations is probably the biggest problem, because even if the Story has problems in building characters or interesting storylines, you´ll can save it by having animations and good sex scenes, which this game has not. It already looks like you´ll have sex with your daughter in the next episode without really getting to know each other, which feels kinda dull. Just like the premise of fucking everyone or your wife randomly inviting you to jerk off on a virgin. I was really struggling with myself not giving this game 1-Star, because this game feels so bare bones, dull and it lacks the simple things a game should have.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

sopadepe1970

Revised Version: Ch. 3 - Complete.
    I'm loving this game. All the girls are very pretty and have stunning bodies. The images are of very good quality and there are many horny situations. The supposed daughter of the MC is a real hottie. I would have liked it more with animations, but I'm still enjoying it a lot and I really wish the dev the best.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

ryansFLYIN

The renders are the only thing warranting stars.
    The story is bland and most of the conversations between the characters is lacking any depth. Most of any emotions seen feel forced and out of place.
    There are no animations and the lewd scenes are over quickly.
    The MC is an airhead and his wife is a wino (whom it seems you are stuck with). He's also a complete pushover with her. She's justified in certain things, but not everything. I feel like we're stuck with her and I already have lost all interest in her as a character.
    The MC and his daughter really just settle into "yup, we're related" really quickly with barely any proof.

There's room for improvement here. The renders are really nice, but the story needs work.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

Pros:
    • Very high quality, great looking renders
    • Absolutely beautiful women
    • Interesting story

Cons:
    • Mc is kind of a dumbass
    • Daughter is 18 years old but seems to have the brain of an 8 year old, which MC is oblivious to
    • Although wife is a shitty alcoholic, she is completely justified every time she gets pissed at MC
    • For how the MC is written, the game only makes sense if you are playing him as a sleazeball
    Overall: It's far from bad, but I can only recommend this game if you are A) OK with playing a slimy idiot and B) going to fuck your mentally stunted daughter, as it has been designed around this premise.