VN - Ren'Py - Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 CE Part 2] [V19]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ohhowveryoriginal

I highly recommend this VN. The story is immersive and interesting, the characters have their own stories, the plot isn't boringly slow.

The renders are immaculate, as well as the 3dCG characters. The only thing I think you could fault is that the two main characters' relationship seems to have moved too fast for realism, but it's not blindingly fast. This VN is definitely a cut above DMD if you liked that one.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sendor

Astonishing girl models and renders, such an attractive visual game, it's a joy to look at these totally different but amazing looking girls.

Fun story so far, well written and i think very open to how author wants to proceed, can take totally different routes, built a very nice foundation for sure. Whole premise is intriguing.

Awesome to see such a high quality game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Lordisigler

First of all, the daugther's model is sublime and her story was my favorite part.

However the scenes are too long with almost no action. I got bored and almost speedrunned the scenes where the daugther was no in them.

The writing is excellent with plenty of renders, but the slow pace plus the lack of reward (no animation) hurt the VN a little.

Still this is a story that the author put a lot of effort into it with nice renders and hopefully the dev will implement animations in the future. If chapter 3 can be considered etablishing the story then its further updates deserve attention and support.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Aner878787

Review as of chapter 3
    Really enjoyable, story driven game, with some of the most beautiful models in the site. It does a good job keeping us invested in the different characters issues.
    Wouldn't say it's a slow burn, but it has a nice pace, mixing quality story development with great sex scenes. Really looking forward for next update.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfryder

Beautiful renders, especially Kailey, Alice and Cas. Good amount of content. It is nice that it isn't another sandbox game. Don't care too much about all of the section screens, but it's a small thing to complain about. Looking forward to Chapter 4.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

shaq9

So far, from my perspective, this game should be if not page 1 in the highest rated, then page 2. I will say, however, that this game doesn't appeal to every group of players. What I mean by that, is that from what I noticed, there are three main types of players who visit this site. The first is people like me, who care about writing first. Second, is people who care about renders. Third, is people who care about sex sex sex.
    This game appeals to people who like good writing and renders but it lacks in the sex department, which to me is perfectly fine, but to others, may be a deal breaker. It has lewd moments, but they don't take center stage. That being said, I think this game is much better written than most of the games on this site and deserves more recognition.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DarkSithLord47

Nice renders,interesting story,good dialogue. All in all so far it has a decent start but seems like a really slow burn regarding naughty scenes with the daughter.For now its a solid 4,we'll see more in the future how things evolve and hopefully we wont have to wait an eternity to nail the daughter.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

echilog

Pretty decent game,.The classic F/D goodness. The D is cute as f but the GF is looking (hot ofc) but kinda bland, so you will mostly just be waiting for D content. And it has hardly any yet. It does have potential.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

fremajl

High rating mainly because the renders are good and the girls are nice looking. The main girl is absolutely stunning. The story is decent so far. Time will tell if updates will come at a decent pace, if they do this will be one of my favorites.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

CHAD-MAN

(Review for the 0.2 version)

Yet another interesting game, that at the current build doesn't have much too offer.

The STORY its a bit more original than the usual random homecoming of the main character, but sadly so far, that's all there is to the drama. There's some intrigue about if Kailey is indeed someone she says she is, but there's no urgency from the main character to get everything cleared out. Aside from that there's the drama with the wife but there's not much context of what's really happening in that household. She's still a drunk mess and he swapped booze for younger girls (I wish it was that easy IRL). That's it. Its hard to follow if there's a open relationship, or if the wife actually knows she's being cucked (its implied the MC already slept around with younger girls), but the focus is not all there. There's not a real complexity to these characters personalities, or a cohesive, interesting storyline that goes beyond corruption. Kailey is a hot girl with a massive follow-up on social media, never had sex and she lived in a car? Either there's going to be massive twists, or something doesn't quite add up.

The DIALOGUE it's kinda poor because it doesn't add much to the characters. No one is really interesting. Also, I'm not sure if the dev (or devs) native language is english or not, but it dialogue doesn't always flow or sounds natural. It could also do without the boring stories about grandpa and the small-talk about computers and other non-sense. It feels like filler dialogue and there's a lot more that should be explored. This sort of dialogue adds nothing interesting to characters and much less to the drama, feels too boring to read.

Anyway, the GRAPHICS are good, I do enjoy the models, even if sometimes they feel like they don't belong to a scene, a clear indication the one doing the renders isn't completly in tune with the one writing, for example, the MC touching Kailey's leg or Kailey kissing the MC cheeks and there's no dialogue aknowledge of it, one where Justice clearly wanted to slap the MC but the dialogue tells otherwise. It's like the final product is having re-writes from the original scripts, build on guidelines but the storyline is not connecting with the CGs. Not everytime and not in an extreme way, but its somewhat noticeable. There's no ANIMATIONS or sex scenes, there's a blowjob scene but while the renders of it are good, the scene itself is sloppy and ends in 5 seconds. It needs more meat to it, and there's a way of working with static renders if you can't work animations.

The MUSIC is nice, a good addition, but it could do without the random moans. There's no much GAMEPLAY to talk about, aswell. Not sure how choice-based it will be but for now its the typical "want to see lewd renders" rather than anything else.

OVERALL: Keep an eye out, but so far, its pretty mediocre. I'd say its okay, 2-star would probably be more accordingly for what the game truly offers, but that's so little that I'm keeping it at 3-stars to see where it goes. It does have my support because I do see potential, but I hope the writer knows where he's going with the story, because the renders do have quality.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

uhhhok

just played it, very good game, I like this game a lot. renders are really good, kailey is sooo cute and is a sensible character. the wife is a little messed up but she can have a great character arc where MC helps her fight her addiction they both start loving each other again and the three of them will become a nice family.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

avent0001

I´m just gonna throw a few lines here. First off, renders are great, with really hot women. This is a story about incest. So the setting is spot on. Not much going on that´s why they end up fucking everyone. People should read more to understand this.
    Big bad of this game is that it´s updates are short and far between, let´s hope it gets better.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

whatifjoanwasoneofus

Still early but this is a quality game. Renders are good, characters are good, writing is great.

I actually found myself reading the scenes instead of holding down control to blaze through.

One to watch.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Éama

Judging by the renders, Lost at Birth could be a really good VN. But LaB really struggles to convey emotion, create drama and make the protagonists look like anything other than robots. It certainly doesn't help that the protagonists don't have any facial expressions.

The MC makes decisions that are incomprehensible, is hardly empathetic towards his fellow human beings and when he tries to be, its a train wreck of decision making.
    I don't think the problem here is primarily the fact that English is a second language of the developer. Rather, it seems as if he has problems weaving the story arc in such a way that the story comes together as a coherent whole.

Despite everything, I think it's good that LaB is trying to approach the subject in an adult way. I like the fact that the MC is a kind of anti-hero. He is not a morally untarnished leaf and has his own issues. Kailey is a bit too much of a damsel in distress for me, I would have liked her to have more of a personality of her own, her own goals and convictions. Instead, she seems very dependent. I don't find that very convincing, with her life story she should have grown up quite early. Instead of dealing with conflicts with the MC openly, asserting herself, she usually buckles quickly and so they are never really on the same level, but she always remains the innocent lamb from the countryside while the MC has to find the solutions. It's a missed opportunity for sure. Good relationships thrive on friction, conflict and passion.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Endless

Review up until Ch.2 Complete
    V19XX
    Please take a few minutes to read this & I hope I was helpful
    Game looks pretty promising:~

Models are unique - not similar or same models in many games

Story so far is pretty good - premise has been used before but atmosphere is more realistic (at least from my point of view), the past & present story is well laid out

Characters are not one dimensional - they have realistic personalities & self respect

Suggestions~ I highly recommend to add animated sex scenes. If dev does not know how or needs better equipment I would advise putting a goal for buying new PC or graphics card on Patreon & Subscribe Star. Also ask other devs with experience or the community & someone will definitely help teach you if your willing.

Game also needs a Scene Gallery. All decent & above games has to have galleries. Lets not pretend we don't know why most people play these games. Also, if done please include actual scenes, not just pictures but with the actual dialogue leading up to said scene
  16. 1.00 star(s)

frownbird

Chapter 2:

If you're after a good, heartfelt story, it's not here.
    If you're looking for a quick, easy, and fun fap game, it's not here.

Lost at Birth uses the structures and finer points of other stories but fundamentally fails to understand why and how they are meant to be used. There is a general sense that the creator(s) are unsure of how to create meaningful drama. Characters feel stiff and cold.
    Normally decent renders would put this at two stars, but what's the point of commending good renders if they aren't used in any interesting ways?

If you can get through the part where the MC explains, in painstaking detail, the layout of the house, while she comments here and there WITHOUT tearing your hair out, you might enjoy this.

*IF* this continues it may be worth a revisit at a later date, as it stands you can ignore this.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Dudlbert

Ch.2 complete

tl;dr its pretty good but it could benefit a lot from animations since lewd scenes are way to short. If no animation than atleast extending the scenes a couple of slides would benefit the game a lot.

Story is good so far. Kinda like the sad touch right from the beginning. The problems with the wife and the situation of the daughter. Still think MC and the daughter are to fast to close. I think it needs a little bit more build up

Graphics look unique to me and in a good way. Kinda dig the art.
    Lewd scenes are way to short and since its not animated it impacts even harder. The two scenes in the restroom were done so fast, just like 3 lines per scene and GG. I understand that animations are not for everyone but if so, than at least make the scenes a little bit longer
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Hallanorg

So far it is great, very erotic with lovely and delicious visuals and straight forward but completely engaging characters and story. Look forward for more updates, it seems likely be a bit of a slow burn but had more erotic tease moments then expected. If quality stays up and no crazy story jumps over time it will be pretty good erotica.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

As you enter the game you get welcomed by a pretty nice main menu (just had to point that out, good job there). The game itself is also quite good. The preview pictures did not really look amazing but the game has actually really good graphics.
    There are also some downsides to this story, i did feel like the romance/storyline doesn't make complete sense. The girl is supposedly v*rgin but is actually quite bold after barely knowing the MC. It just feels like it is going really fast which makes it a bit unnatural. The game also lacks in thoughts of the main love interest. Thats really unfortunate, as of right now there is one clear love interest in this game. Therefore she is quite important to the story, if thoughts were added of her the game would be 10 times better honestly.
    The storyline has a nice pretence and a lot of potential, four stars is the max i could give right now (Ch2 complete)
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Jarulf

This short review is for Ch. 2 complete

This is really good.
    I always prefer a game that focuses more on story and believable characters, both physically and personality-wise, and the devs have at least convinced me. The MC and Justine are both flawed, but not to the point of being unrelatable and Kailey seems to be a sweet girl put in a tough situation. Hopefully we'll see more sides of the three main characters in time and see them them change and develop at a convincing pace.

There is at least one "side-girl" at the moment, I may have missed another one, and while she is gorgeous that part of the game doesn't interest me much, and I may skip those parts in later releases. I just wanna help fix the MC's marriage and give his kid a family that loves her. I'm a romantic :)

The visual character design is more than solid and renders are great. It's a great looking game.