RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
A bug would be for example when you chose "yes", but the game continues as you told "no". Or a scene would appear even you did a previous choice to avoid that scene... and so on...

Exceptions are errors in scripting the code which will lead to a crash

to be even more detailed:
exploits = being able to abuse the games' mechanic in a way you are not supposed to do
exceptions = errors in scripts - which lead to a crash in most cases
bugs = game does behave in a way it shouldn't

But to be honest: mostly a bug leads into an exception, which of course excuses your mix-up
As someone who's been coding professionally since the 1980's, I'd consider any case where a program behaves in a way it shouldn't a bug. Some bugs do not cause any exceptions, allowing the program to keep running, but incorrectly to one degree or another. Others do cause exceptions. Some exceptions one can recover from, and keep using the software (in Ren'py games, being able to continue by hitting the Ignore button); others may be fatal.

In general, to provide free advice: assume the results of using any program after encountering a bug (whether there's an exception or not) Maynor be the results you expect. In the context of games/VNs, this is primarily a matter of the state of the game (and thus, the state of any game saves) may not allow you to continue to play and reach all content. Underlying game values may be missing or wrong. For your own safety, if you can actually identify the point where the bug happens, make a save before it happens. Do not save over old saves after the point where the bug occurs. In practical terms, make sure that after an update your first save is a new one, and don't overwrite old saves.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
... . For your own safety, if you can actually identify the point where the bug happens, make a save before it happens. Do not save over old saves after the point where the bug occurs. In practical terms, make sure that after an update your first save is a new one, and don't overwrite old saves.
Your advice is correct. As a programmer myself, i can agree to the most you said in general, even i don't see "coding errors" as "bugs" - but let's not keep going off-topic on this minor issue...

Regerding the saves, i always do a new savegame once i reached into the new content and never overwrite the old saves. And i save frequently though.
My words, which i always tell my programmer students: "No backup? -> no mercy!" XD

Thus said, i can tell that from all my old saves, this issue occurs to me, whilst a new game worked absolutely fine.
I don't know why, but somehow all of my old savegames are corrupt, but as it took less than a minute to fast-skip through the game, it's not worth to unpack the archives to have a look into the isue any further.

Last edited:
Reactions: b3488c87

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
So this is the Last update we will get from this game ?
Or did the dev decide to continue it ?

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
So this is the Last update we will get from this game ?
Or did the dev decide to continue it ?
his last scene in this update tells like there will be more, we should "stay tuned"

Rintal

May 6, 2017
LOL! Is this a crappy copy of that crappy game for immature boys? At least there's no catgirl here.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Are the family members the only LIs in this and if not, who are the others? Is harem actually forced or are there canon solo paths that include non-family members?

Edit:

Oh, it's a kinetic novel. Yeah. I think I'll pass on this one. I wish the dev well.

Last edited:

Sandiegodm

Aug 9, 2017
Oh man, its back! I dont care that i need to start from the beginning again, im just happy that this game is not abandoned! Thank you and keep it up the good work! :D

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
easy fix for those running into the "key exception" once the "new content" happens, hit the rollback button so you're back "in novel" as it were, then open up dev console and type:

persistent.player_name = player_name

Not sure why the persistent.player_name value was lost between saves, but this fixes the issue.

Note: player_name is a variable that holds your name, this code snippet should be run as-is, no changes. If you want to change your player's name at this point, then something closer to what Dark Silence wrote below should be used.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
easy fix for those running into the "key exception" once the "new content" happens, hit the rollback button so you're back "in novel" as it were, then open up dev console and type:

persistent.player_name = player_name

Not sure why the persistent.player_name value was lost between saves, but this fixes the issue.
Shouldn't that command be:
persistent.player_name = u'player_name'

I'm not exactly sure though. It's been awhile since I did any coding.

Reactions: reznar

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Shouldn't that command be:
persistent.player_name = u'player_name'

I'm not exactly sure though. It's been awhile since I did any coding.
player_name is a variable holding the player's name, the code snippet I gave should be put in exactly as it is, no changes. If somebody wants to change the player's name, they could instead do something similar to what you wrote, but that's outside the scope of just a quick fix.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LostAndFound-0.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.00 star(s) 27 Votes