GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
Hey everyone, I'm the dev for Lost in Laminate! Really excited to see the game finally posted here!

Been getting lots of great feedback, and I'm pleased to see the general consensus seems to be that there is more appeal here then just base smut-- I did indeed set out to tell a narrative story with plenty of fun latex and bondage.

The next update will take the content to over 300,000 words, come with a redesigned/customized UI, a basic cheat menu, and will round out another of the endings. Hopefully I've demonstrated I've overcome the curse of similar sorts of games that never get very big or finished, Lost in Laminate can already be played through from start to finish!

mellivor

Apr 21, 2020
Absolutely phenomenal writing and I love the detailed world you have created. This is one of the few games that I have bothered to play multiple times to explore the different options/endings and most of them have haunted my dreams for days.

This opinion may not be popular, but please don't overwork the UI and fill the story with too many images. You have a very evocative writing style and it should continue to take centre stage. I cannot wait for the next release (pun intended).

SisUser

Apr 4, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm the dev for Lost in Laminate! Really excited to see the game finally posted here!

Been getting lots of great feedback, and I'm pleased to see the general consensus seems to be that there is more appeal here then just base smut-- I did indeed set out to tell a narrative story with plenty of fun latex and bondage.

The next update will take the content to over 300,000 words, come with a redesigned/customized UI, a basic cheat menu, and will round out another of the endings. Hopefully I've demonstrated I've overcome the curse of similar sorts of games that never get very big or finished, Lost in Laminate can already be played through from start to finish!
I would like to thank you for making this wonderful game, the descriptions are all very vivid, imaginative and well written.

If I may propose a suggestion for the next update, please flesh out the save system more by offering more slots and most importantly a save export system.
With all the interesting choices and branches people would want to try they are bound to run out of save slots and being able to export it into a separate file to be downloaded or a copy&paste text code would make trying out the routes and organizing saves much easier.

naeblis4

Oct 21, 2017

Thank you very much for making this game .
Indeed there more than enough content and story/endings to get more than a few nuts out of it. At least , it did for me .
I will eagerly wait for the Sisters of Primrose update when you get around to it :)

Also, as the above post already wrote(SisUser) ,more saves slots and easier load system would be quite nice , especially for a game with as much choices and paths as yours .

GearBears

Feb 5, 2019

Wait this.... is the FIRST version of the game you posted... like anywhere?
HOLY my respect and admiration is yours. This is amazing!!!
SOOO MUCH CONTENT!!! Simply amazing!
..... And it comes with heavy latex focus!! Can't express how much I simply love what you've made so far. Even more is coming!? O_O

Reactions: BeccaBoo

GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
Absolutely phenomenal writing and I love the detailed world you have created. This is one of the few games that I have bothered to play multiple times to explore the different options/endings and most of them have haunted my dreams for days.

This opinion may not be popular, but please don't overwork the UI and fill the story with too many images. You have a very evocative writing style and it should continue to take centre stage. I cannot wait for the next release (pun intended).
Don't worry, my changes to the UI are simply to make it not Twine-standard, more like a website's dark mode, and move the side panel up top where it makes more sense for mobile users.

As for the images I use, generally I just use one to inspire a character or scene. Writing and player choice remain paramount!

I would like to thank you for making this wonderful game, the descriptions are all very vivid, imaginative and well written.

If I may propose a suggestion for the next update, please flesh out the save system more by offering more slots and most importantly a save export system.
With all the interesting choices and branches people would want to try they are bound to run out of save slots and being able to export it into a separate file to be downloaded or a copy&paste text code would make trying out the routes and organizing saves much easier.
In my testing version I have system with 7 slots and failure checks (so if your browser is naughty and doesn't save right, it should warn you). As far as I'm aware, the Harlowe/Twine combo I'm using for dev work doesn't allow for save exporting though.

Thank you very much for making this game .
Indeed there more than enough content and story/endings to get more than a few nuts out of it. At least , it did for me .
I will eagerly wait for the Sisters of Primrose update when you get around to it :)

Also, as the above post already wrote(SisUser) ,more saves slots and easier load system would be quite nice , especially for a game with as much choices and paths as yours .
I do wonder if more folks want the Isabella path, or the Sisters path more. HMMM.

Wait this.... is the FIRST version of the game you posted... like anywhere?
HOLY my respect and admiration is yours. This is amazing!!!
SOOO MUCH CONTENT!!! Simply amazing!
..... And it comes with heavy latex focus!! Can't express how much I simply love what you've made so far. Even more is coming!? O_O
The game has been up elsewhere since the start of this year. More is coming, yes! With the coronavirus situation my progress slowed quite a bit from the crazy pace I had earlier, but more is on the way.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not much of a fan of either femdom or latex, but am a fan of good writing and interesting world-building, so enjoyed this game very much and, like others, tried several paths with interest. As has been noted, the writing is the star here.

I think more save slots is a necessary element in a game that has so many game-changing decison points, so I am glad to see that you are adding more. The also need to be visible, so that the player can tel which slots have been used, and when.

The request i would make is that you chose some color combination other than the standard, but dreadful, white on black. Anyone with astigmatism will tell you that this combo is headache-inducing, because the white lettering "blooms" against the black background. This very forum gives me a headache if I use it for more than about 20 minutes at a time unless I manually change the colors each session. Surely another color combination (or the player choice of other combinations) is possible?

Great work, though. Dev, you have a gift for writing.

GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
I'm not much of a fan of either femdom or latex, but am a fan of good writing and interesting world-building, so enjoyed this game very much and, like others, tried several paths with interest. As has been noted, the writing is the star here.

I think more save slots is a necessary element in a game that has so many game-changing decison points, so I am glad to see that you are adding more. The also need to be visible, so that the player can tel which slots have been used, and when.

The request i would make is that you chose some color combination other than the standard, but dreadful, white on black. Anyone with astigmatism will tell you that this combo is headache-inducing, because the white lettering "blooms" against the black background. This very forum gives me a headache if I use it for more than about 20 minutes at a time unless I manually change the colors each session. Surely another color combination (or the player choice of other combinations) is possible?

Great work, though. Dev, you have a gift for writing.
Was there a particular color scheme that you've found acceptable? The new version uses blue/white/pink:

1590281192732.png

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Was there a particular color scheme that you've found acceptable? The new version uses blue/white/pink:
I've always found a light-colored background best, though white on a not-too-dark blue should work. The key is to not have white n (or very light) letters that contrast so much with the background that they "bloom" and become hard to read.

mellivor

Apr 21, 2020
Personally I'm more interested in the Isabella path, but I want to see all the paths so there's really no wrong answer here.
Seconded. I would also love to see the "being owned by Corinth" ending fleshed out in a similar fashion (even though I realise that this would probably be quite low on the priority list).

SisUser

Apr 4, 2019
In my testing version I have system with 7 slots and failure checks (so if your browser is naughty and doesn't save right, it should warn you). As far as I'm aware, the Harlowe/Twine combo I'm using for dev work doesn't allow for save exporting though.
That is quite the shame for me personally, though 7 slots might be enough and is certainly better than the current 3.
For these kind of games I usually like to organize save files using the exported format to clearly label which path each save is at and even use it as a bookmark for great scenes to be revisited, which is not possible with this engine as you have stated.

As disappointed as I am at the impossibility of save exports I do want to make it clear that you should not feel obligated to try and find a solution for this, as it is just my personal preference and your writing alone is more than enough to make up for any technical limitations (y)!

Last edited:

naeblis4

Oct 21, 2017
I do wonder if more folks want the Isabella path, or the Sisters path more. HMMM.
I have a preference for the Primroses , as it seems to focus on something that seems lacking in the other parts of the games :submission to males . And while submission of the PC in general is up my alley , it's even better when it's to a male .
But isabella seems quite good too, so i don't think it matter much .

GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
Seconded. I would also love to see the "being owned by Corinth" ending fleshed out in a similar fashion (even though I realise that this would probably be quite low on the priority list).
The post-Academy endings are not intended to be as long as the special Isabella/Nun ones, but I may be including the Corinth one in the next update.

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
I have a preference for the Primroses , as it seems to focus on something that seems lacking in the other parts of the games :submission to males . And while submission of the PC in general is up my alley , it's even better when it's to a male .
But isabella seems quite good too, so i don't think it matter much .
I am really looking forward to the Isabella path, it could open up so many opportunities for in depth physical and mental training in various different positions within her house. There is also the option of being further sold/auctioned maybe even to Corinth. I have also just played to the Corinth path and I think that path could lead to lots of interesting possibilities including being taken off planet as a slave. There is nothing in either path that could stop male characters being introduced and how the dominant females would act with them would be interesting.

Reactions: mellivor

mellivor

Apr 21, 2020
The post-Academy endings are not intended to be as long as the special Isabella/Nun ones, but I may be including the Corinth one in the next update.
I thought that might the case since the main plot elements (the mystery card and the meeting at the club) have been resolved by then. But I am looking really forward to this new content - whether it makes it into the next update or not. Some suggestions/ideas though, if I may?

I think that there are some interesting elements that can still be explored/explained. When the pact is made:
1. Corinth has a mere 50 credits to her name (as opposed to the 800-odd credits that I had managed to scrounge up by then). Does she know how much a slave will cost at auction? How will she raise the funds and build a life on Torei while the MC is being trained? How will she know when the MC is going to be auctioned? Can she go with the player to the academy offices and make a reservation? Can the MC be tracked in some way?
2. The MC has to take an extraordinary risk at the academy (that maybe needs to be fleshed out a little in the story/reader choices). She has to intentionally take actions that will keep her price in a range that Corinth can afford, thus invoking the ire of the headmistress as well as closing off access to all the "good" slave jobs. This requires that the MC has a great deal of trust in her friend since if Corinth doesn't pitch up at the auction, the MC is screwed.

My suggestion would be to flesh this out slightly at the time the pact is made. I think (based on the risks involved) that
(a) Both Corinth and the MC need to make sure that this is something that they both desperately want. Perhaps a short but more loving/intimate scene similar to the Isabella pleasure training that unlocks their desires and stiffens their resolve?
(b) They need to discuss a strategy on how to get the outcome they want. They need to find out how much slaves cost at auction. They need to know what kinds of slaves the academy produces. Corinth needs to decide what training (and maybe enhancements) she would like her girl to receive. It is then up to the MC to try and fulfil those wishes while also being enough of a bad girl at the academy to keep costs under control.

And then maybe just the epilogue consisting of the auction, the reunion and their life going forward.

Anyway, that's just my 2c if it is of any use.

MonkeyBizness

Jun 29, 2018
I would like to see some of the minor choices make a little more impact.
For example i already love how if you get out of the hotel without level 3 punishment you can get the piercing later on and earn money from it.
It's the small, but trivial choices that add up that i really enjoy.
For example in Trap Quest (game), one of the things i enjoy is that bondage restricts your actions so you want to struggle and get out of it.

Here's just a few ideas?
-Ballet Heels: It's unlikely that the PC would master ballet heels in such a short time at the club. So what if you may stumble while wearing them during an important task? Like with the delivery tray. Spilling drinks or something like that.
-Armbinder: How is the PC able to open the crates in the Truant Officer quest without their hands? Maybe a small workaround where PC don't get full reward because you can't complete the quest 100%
-Getting Free from Armbinder: At the moment there's nothing to be gained from paying the fee to get free. What if this changes how an existing event plays out? PC should be forced to ask for help with armbinder and gain independance without it.
-Piercings: If there's a metal detector involved at the customs, maybe PC could sneak by if she didn't have them?
-Mask: After the storm event, if you have the mask then maybe theres an event where the gas mask filter is changed for a new one that is spiked with some sort of drug that makes you more pliable. Sort of like a semi-hypno event. Making you come of this new event with something you didn't expect?
-Taking the Lead + Pony Ending: If you take the lead as a transport option, maybe the driver will recognise you at the school or in one of the endings? Maybe adding a small point towards pony ending since the themes are close.
-Office Outfit + The Cart = Free Club Entry: What if you meet someone at the cart transport and bond over your social status. Like having a conversation about going to the club and getting free access by getting to know that person.

GlossandGlamour

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2020
I thought that might the case since the main plot elements (the mystery card and the meeting at the club) have been resolved by then. But I am looking really forward to this new content - whether it makes it into the next update or not. Some suggestions/ideas though, if I may?

I think that there are some interesting elements that can still be explored/explained. When the pact is made:
1. Corinth has a mere 50 credits to her name (as opposed to the 800-odd credits that I had managed to scrounge up by then). Does she know how much a slave will cost at auction? How will she raise the funds and build a life on Torei while the MC is being trained? How will she know when the MC is going to be auctioned? Can she go with the player to the academy offices and make a reservation? Can the MC be tracked in some way?
2. The MC has to take an extraordinary risk at the academy (that maybe needs to be fleshed out a little in the story/reader choices). She has to intentionally take actions that will keep her price in a range that Corinth can afford, thus invoking the ire of the headmistress as well as closing off access to all the "good" slave jobs. This requires that the MC has a great deal of trust in her friend since if Corinth doesn't pitch up at the auction, the MC is screwed.

My suggestion would be to flesh this out slightly at the time the pact is made. I think (based on the risks involved) that
(a) Both Corinth and the MC need to make sure that this is something that they both desperately want. Perhaps a short but more loving/intimate scene similar to the Isabella pleasure training that unlocks their desires and stiffens their resolve?
(b) They need to discuss a strategy on how to get the outcome they want. They need to find out how much slaves cost at auction. They need to know what kinds of slaves the academy produces. Corinth needs to decide what training (and maybe enhancements) she would like her girl to receive. It is then up to the MC to try and fulfil those wishes while also being enough of a bad girl at the academy to keep costs under control.

And then maybe just the epilogue consisting of the auction, the reunion and their life going forward.

Anyway, that's just my 2c if it is of any use.
These are actually great points, and something I am already addressing. Corinth mentions that she will be focusing on building cash while you're at the Academy, but I agree that scene could use more work. The other points I do actually address in the ending update I'm working on!

I would like to see some of the minor choices make a little more impact.
For example i already love how if you get out of the hotel without level 3 punishment you can get the piercing later on and earn money from it.
It's the small, but trivial choices that add up that i really enjoy.
For example in Trap Quest (game), one of the things i enjoy is that bondage restricts your actions so you want to struggle and get out of it.

Here's just a few ideas?
-Ballet Heels: It's unlikely that the PC would master ballet heels in such a short time at the club. So what if you may stumble while wearing them during an important task? Like with the delivery tray. Spilling drinks or something like that.
-Armbinder: How is the PC able to open the crates in the Truant Officer quest without their hands? Maybe a small workaround where PC don't get full reward because you can't complete the quest 100%
-Getting Free from Armbinder: At the moment there's nothing to be gained from paying the fee to get free. What if this changes how an existing event plays out? PC should be forced to ask for help with armbinder and gain independance without it.
-Piercings: If there's a metal detector involved at the customs, maybe PC could sneak by if she didn't have them?
-Mask: After the storm event, if you have the mask then maybe theres an event where the gas mask filter is changed for a new one that is spiked with some sort of drug that makes you more pliable. Sort of like a semi-hypno event. Making you come of this new event with something you didn't expect?
-Taking the Lead + Pony Ending: If you take the lead as a transport option, maybe the driver will recognise you at the school or in one of the endings? Maybe adding a small point towards pony ending since the themes are close.
-Office Outfit + The Cart = Free Club Entry: What if you meet someone at the cart transport and bond over your social status. Like having a conversation about going to the club and getting free access by getting to know that person.
Obviously I get a lot of suggestions from folks, and while I always welcome them they're often far larger undertakings then they understand, or just kind of ill-considered. But your suggestions are great! Very well considered! I don't have unlimited time so I'm currently focusing on finishing the unfinished paths before circling back and adding even more to the current content, but I really like your suggestions.

Reactions: mellivor
4.90 star(s) 38 Votes