RPGM Abandoned Love and Lust: The Curse of Anataria [v0.2.1] [SliveEmerald Games]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

pinguimmm

May 13, 2018
Found this bug, the img does not exist on the folder, mine at least.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but like other said, too much walking around, every zone being huge doesnt help in that. Having to go back home to change times everytime is undesirable imo.
1601065150861.png

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
Found this bug, the img does not exist on the folder, mine at least.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but like other said, too much walking around, every zone being huge doesnt help in that. Having to go back home to change times everytime is undesirable imo.
View attachment 832598
Are you on Mac, Linux or PC? I tried to replicate the bug on PC but I didn't get this error. This happens when a file is missing from the data folder so either something went wrong with the upload, unpacking or game deployment. Either way, that part of the game isn't in until 0.2 so for now I would advise people to avoid that NPC. Or you can try to rename the file Mistress Mei Bust to Mistress Ayama Bust instead. That character went through a rename at some point but when I look at the event in game it's showing up correctly for me. But as I said, there is no progression with that NPC yet, so I'd say just avoid her for now.

As for the running around, at this point all I can say is make sure you turn on Always Run in the options menu to make things quicker. And I'll keep in mind map sizes moving forward.

Last edited:

pinguimmm

May 13, 2018
Are you on Mac, Linux or PC? I tried to replicate the bug on PC but I didn't get this error. This happens when a file is missing from the data folder so either something went wrong with the upload, unpacking or game deployment. Either way, that part of the game isn't in until 0.2 so for now I would advise people to avoid that NPC.

As for the running around, at this point all I can say is make sure you turn on Always Run in the options menu to make things quicker. And I'll keep in mind map sizes moving forward.
PC, File is missing, I checked if there was a typo on the file or if it was in another iolder inside "img".

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
PC, File is missing, I checked if there was a typo on the file or if it was in another iolder inside "img".
Nevermind I figured out the problem, the second time you speak to her, this error comes up because her old dialogue was still in the game and I didn't change the bust for it. If you want to fix it you actually have to copy the Mistress Mei Bust file and paste it into the same folder so there are two instances of it, then rename one of them to Mistress Ayama Bust, so you have both files. But again, that character has no content so just avoiding her is the best thing to do.

Reactions: pinguimmm

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
So, you're saying we need to travel everywhere in the game, repeatedly, before we can find all the scenes & pics? :oops:
e-d
RPGM that's to bad... renders look great but I am not a fan of RPGM games + Your explanation of the gameplay makes it sound very tedious to play SliveEmerald so that just makes it a hard pass for me. Let me know if this ever get converted to Renpy.

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
Well quest one and i am already lost it says go east to the temple, i go east and find a blocked off cave by a waterfall and nothing else

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
You have to leave the city from the central district then go east.
ok so, how do you fight the giant maiden in the temple? it triple hits me and i die immediately, if this was supposed to be a beginning quest perhaps less damage would be ideal. and the resurrection potions that heal me from zero to 111 don't help if the very next attack from the enemy hits me for 128 damage.
Furthermore, when i go to hit it then tell Maia to hit it, Maia hits it then the enemy goes and triple hits me for 100 damage per turn sometimes the large enemy triple hits me so i end up taking six hits off the jump, then my main MC hits like a feather.
and i repeat again if this is a beginning quest, then less damage.
I can't go anywhere else since it requires me to be Sexth sense 2.

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
ok so, how do you fight the giant maiden in the temple? it triple hits me and i die immediately, if this was supposed to be a beginning quest perhaps less damage would be ideal. and the resurrection potions that heal me from zero to 111 don't help if the very next attack from the enemy hits me for 128 damage.
Furthermore, when i go to hit it then tell Maia to hit it, Maia hits it then the enemy goes and triple hits me for 100 damage per turn sometimes the large enemy triple hits me so i end up taking six hits off the jump, then my main MC hits like a feather.
and i repeat again if this is a beginning quest, then less damage.
I can't go anywhere else since it requires me to be Sexth sense 2.
Don't use the attack move on MC, hes a mage, use his magic. The corrupted fairy creatures are weak to fire damage and are vulnerable to Maia's seduction ability. The Maiden has a 20% chance to use the triple hit attack, so bad luck there I guess. You don't need to be Sexth Sense level 2 for any of the scenes in the game. Only a handful of bonus renders require Sexth Sense level 2. You are on the early game quest, I believe in you, but I'll consider lowering the difficulty if it's too hard for too many people.

Ouchmaker

Aug 9, 2018
So, played the 0.1 version. I don't mind a a good RPGM if there's a warrant for using it. You have the quest tool, wearable and usable items, and most of all, combat. College Life for instance has no combat, so while it's a good game with a lot of content, makes little sense for it to be on RPGM. This one doesn't have that problem.

Start of the game, you can rename the "caretaker", and also her role to you. I get that some want to go the incestuous route, but I never understood renaming the role option, since it usually just causes syntax problems later. Maybe offer a few options and make latter conversations make sense with all options.

The city is huge. That's a positive only as long as you can fill the city. Right now there aren't that many people to interact with compared to how many are living in the city. You have no way of knowing which houses have lootables, although I like you marking the entrances that are hidden. You can get locked in the room in a house with a big bathroom, the tavern patrons have visible code when you speak to them in the night. A few shelves and objects can be run through, which isn't intended. You have filled the city with a lot of items, and so far you have managed to make it so that lootable items are in chests and suitcases, but you need to make it clearer if loot can appear elsewhere. Maybe keep a little shine on an item if you haven't looted or interacted with it yet. I also like that envelopes have pics on them, although you can't reach the one in the cauldron room in school second floor (you can't pick it up even when next to it).

Don't use the attack move on MC, hes a mage, use his magic. The corrupted fairy creatures are weak to fire damage and are vulnerable to Maia's seduction ability. The Maiden has a 20% chance to use the triple hit attack, so bad luck there I guess. You don't need to be Sexth Sense level 2 for any of the scenes in the game. Only a handful of bonus renders require Sexth Sense level 2. You are on the early game quest, I believe in you, but I'll consider lowering the difficulty if it's too hard for too many people.
Combat. It seems to work without many problems, blindness, poison, confusion are easy to explain. I see no explanation to the succubus's Seduction skill, and how useful it can be against multiple foes. Also no idea what Rage does. Most foes seem difficult because they deal a lot of damage. This is because there are no armor drops, only weapons can be found. Also there's no explanation as to what level enemies can be found. There's also no explanation to the enemies found in the forest cave, what their weakness is, nor that having two ear muffs to equip at the boss fight is useful before entering the cave there. You have the lady telling you about spiders when entering the forest, maybe have something similar in other places. You level up fairly easily, but having a free go at the public baths on your first time would make it easier, since you would be level 3 before leaving the city the first time if you explore a bit.

I think most people have negative thoughts for using RPGM, for me it was because your intro here makes it seem like it's a contemporary setting, when in fact it's a fantasy one. Maybe add a combat screenshot with orcs and spiders. There is combat in the game to warrant RPGM.

Since you're having magic, a succubus, corruptive elements (looking at the faeries), any plans to add transformative in the game? For someone with a pet succubus, the MC isn't exactly endowed with potential, if you know what I mean. Peasant's Quest is a nice one to check for potential ideas in that regard.

Overall, this game has a lot of potential. It has some content already, but feels empty due to the size of the city. Combat balance problems should be easy to fix. The events and scenes are of very good qulity. Good luck.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Really like the premise of this one. The goals or direction of where we are supposed to go could be a little clearer, might need a walkthrough in the future if this is not done. Other than that 'along the way you may even figure out how to save your homeland from the infertility curse' YES I WILL!!!!!!!!

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
So, played the 0.1 version. I don't mind a a good RPGM if there's a warrant for using it. You have the quest tool, wearable and usable items, and most of all, combat. College Life for instance has no combat, so while it's a good game with a lot of content, makes little sense for it to be on RPGM. This one doesn't have that problem.

Start of the game, you can rename the "caretaker", and also her role to you. I get that some want to go the incestuous route, but I never understood renaming the role option, since it usually just causes syntax problems later. Maybe offer a few options and make latter conversations make sense with all options.

The city is huge. That's a positive only as long as you can fill the city. Right now there aren't that many people to interact with compared to how many are living in the city. You have no way of knowing which houses have lootables, although I like you marking the entrances that are hidden. You can get locked in the room in a house with a big bathroom, the tavern patrons have visible code when you speak to them in the night. A few shelves and objects can be run through, which isn't intended. You have filled the city with a lot of items, and so far you have managed to make it so that lootable items are in chests and suitcases, but you need to make it clearer if loot can appear elsewhere. Maybe keep a little shine on an item if you haven't looted or interacted with it yet. I also like that envelopes have pics on them, although you can't reach the one in the cauldron room in school second floor (you can't pick it up even when next to it).

Combat. It seems to work without many problems, blindness, poison, confusion are easy to explain. I see no explanation to the succubus's Seduction skill, and how useful it can be against multiple foes. Also no idea what Rage does. Most foes seem difficult because they deal a lot of damage. This is because there are no armor drops, only weapons can be found. Also there's no explanation as to what level enemies can be found. There's also no explanation to the enemies found in the forest cave, what their weakness is, nor that having two ear muffs to equip at the boss fight is useful before entering the cave there. You have the lady telling you about spiders when entering the forest, maybe have something similar in other places. You level up fairly easily, but having a free go at the public baths on your first time would make it easier, since you would be level 3 before leaving the city the first time if you explore a bit.

I think most people have negative thoughts for using RPGM, for me it was because your intro here makes it seem like it's a contemporary setting, when in fact it's a fantasy one. Maybe add a combat screenshot with orcs and spiders. There is combat in the game to warrant RPGM.

Since you're having magic, a succubus, corruptive elements (looking at the faeries), any plans to add transformative in the game? For someone with a pet succubus, the MC isn't exactly endowed with potential, if you know what I mean. Peasant's Quest is a nice one to check for potential ideas in that regard.

Overall, this game has a lot of potential. It has some content already, but feels empty due to the size of the city. Combat balance problems should be easy to fix. The events and scenes are of very good qulity. Good luck.
I appreciate the feedback and I'm already working on a patch to alleviate some of the problems mentioned.

The city being huge was admittedly intentional for all of the things I have planned for within the city, but I certainly understand how that can be frustrating in it's current state. The walking through shelves thing, I have been dealing with for ages, but every time I fix one, it seems I find another one somewhere else.

I am currently working on a walkthrough that explains more of the combat mechanics and how certain status effects work as well as strategy for dealing with each of the enemy types currently in the game. Of course the walkthrough will also have all of the locations of all the scenes and bonus renders. I am glad someone found the public baths, if you loot the chest in your room at the start of the game it gives you just enough gold to use the baths once. I do have some ideas for temporary transformation scenes, but they are not in the game yet. I will also add some combat screenshots once I have the walkthrough finished.

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
Here is the walkthrough for the game. Also added another screenshot of combat in the game so people aren't confused about what kind of game it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheorPhys

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Downloads (0.11)

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes