RPGM Partial Love Love! My Buddy: X [v1.030b - Translation Patch 5] [Megrim]

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
For translation update no - asdasfa9 hasn't said anything but he did mention earlier he will try to update his translation to include some more things by the end of this month hopefully
I'll try getting it out by the end of March. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do the heroines' scenes. It'll take me like another week or two to get all of those done. Maybe on the next one.

Also we may or may not get an English translation, if anyone has been following the discord recently they know that Megrim has been made aware that he does have English speaking fans and it may be beneficial to make a translation for the game and he is thinking about it.
Man, I really hope megrim would at least hire people for the translation. Full machine TL sucks and from what I've read, he's planning to do exactly that kind of copy-pasting... They better be using some kind of tool for this.
The latest osanagokoronokimini games have multiple language support, but that's on MV, which is very extensible and has a bunch of plugins that helps with that. The Zombie Island's english TL is good, but that's fan-made and the official english translations for their latest works are just awful due to total machine TL.
So I'm not sure how megrim will maintain two versions of the game, specially if the game keeps getting updated.

Reactions: Hakkira

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
I'll try getting it out by the end of March. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do the heroines' scenes. It'll take me like another week or two to get all of those done. Maybe on the next one.

Man, I really hope megrim would at least hire people for the translation. Full machine TL sucks and from what I've read, he's planning to do exactly that kind of copy-pasting... They better be using some kind of tool for this.
The latest osanagokoronokimini games have multiple language support, but that's on MV, which is very extensible and has a bunch of plugins that helps with that. The Zombie Island's english TL is good, but that's fan-made and the official english translations for their latest works are just awful due to total machine TL.
So I'm not sure how megrim will maintain two versions of the game, specially if the game keeps getting updated.
Translator++ works for VX Ace as well though, doesn't it?

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Translator++ works for VX Ace as well though, doesn't it?
Yes. But we don't know if they'd be using that or maybe just RPGMaker Trans. Or maybe they have some in-house translation tool we don't know about.
Hopefully they'd use any of the above.
It's just I've yet to see any VX Ace game with ongoing updates with multiple language release.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
It would be his first time doing something like this and he works by himself afaik sooooo he'll end up manually doing this stuff....feel free to stop by on his discord and ask him those questions yourself or give him tips so we can be flexible with it. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DarknessDai

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
It would be his first time doing something like this and he works by himself afaik sooooo he'll end up manualing do this stuff....feel free to stop by on his discord and ask him those questions yourself or give him tips so we can be flexible with it. :unsure:
ay Color i saw u at Discord talking with him thanks for ur support with this

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
The game has great art style and the story is good. does the son walk in the father's footsteps and become a hero are does he just do his own thing.

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Updated partial to v1006.
- Fixed cut-ins not working due to a script that utilizes comments, hopefully for real this time.
- Tweaked some item/armor/weapon names. I think I prefer having apostrophe s'es. Hmm...
- Changed some item names to something that makes more sense.
- Changed the alphanumeric characters in the name input menu to use the actual english
characters instead of the wider versions in JP.
- Correction on some choices.
- Correction on furniture descriptions.
- Translated furniture messages.
- Translated a bunch of respawn messages.
- Translated fast travel checkpoint messages.
- Translated a bunch of stats messages.
- Translated the newly added items, enemies and dialogue choices.
- Translated a large portion of some sex dialogues. This should make sex scenes a bit more enjoyable.
- And other various corrections, as usual.

- Updated Docs and renumbered scripts.
- Created a guide for the translation. A bit convoluted on the script handling parts though.
ss_01.png
Download: (anonfile)

Not thoroughly tested, so backup your saves and report any issues and mistakes or whatever.

Since it's just a "partial", you still need to use a text hooker and a translation software.
I recommend + .
Also, if you're playing on a high DPI display, you may want to try using for resizing the game's window.

Last edited:

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Updated partial to v1006.
- Fixed cut-ins not working due to a script that utilizes comments, hopefully for real this time.
- Tweaked some item/armor/weapon names. I think I prefer having apostrophe s'es. Hmm...
- Changed some item names to something that makes more sense.
- Changed the alphanumeric characters in the name input menu to use the actual english
characters instead of the wider versions in JP.
- Correction on some choices.
- Correction on furniture descriptions.
- Translated furniture messages.
- Translated a bunch of respawn messages.
- Translated fast travel checkpoint messages.
- Translated a bunch of stats messages.
- Translated the newly added items, enemies and dialogue choices.
- Translated a large portion of some sex dialogues. This should make sex scenes a bit more enjoyable.
- And other various corrections, as usual.

- Updated Docs and renumbered scripts.
- Created a guide for the translation. A bit convoluted on the script handling parts though.
View attachment 603543
Download: (anonfile)

Not thoroughly tested, so backup your saves and report any issues and mistakes or whatever.

Since it's just a "partial", you still need to use a text hooker and a translation software.
I recommend + .
Also, if you're playing on a high DPI display, you may want to try using for resizing the game's window.
Very high quality translation, as usual, considering it's done by fixing machine translation.

After playing for an hour, I do have a couple of things to nit-pick:
- "Reputation" would be conveyed better by "Fame" - the word reputation implies that it can be good or bad (which is something karma does), but it's only beneficial for it to go up (+ it's a shorter word and these are always more optimal when translating from Japanese).
- The word "tolerance" and "resistance" are inconsistently used, while I think they mean the same thing for items.
- "Tolerates ATK weaken" should be "Resists ATK reduction" ("Two Body Sword" description - the name itself is kind of awkward, I'd name it a "Double-Edged Sword" if I understand the meaning correctly).
- "Stork Feathers" accessory - should be singular in the name and description
- "Remnants of an Ugly Heart" - seems kind of clunky for a common item name. I believe "ugly heart" is a mistranslation by Google translate, and the original kanji intention was something like "monster/evil residue". I could be wrong though.
- Similarly as above "Remnants of Emptiness" should IMO be called "Void Residue".
- The "Submissive" achievement description states "Rindo" instead of "Lind"
- "Knowledge" hero soul description: "equipments" is not singular.
- "Mystery Lady Armor" should probably be called simply "Mystery Female Armor"

I have acquainted myself with the translation guide you've also so generously provided though I'm a bit scared of breaking everything by doing stuff myself. Last time I tried to use Translator++ I fucked just about everything up.

For example, do the common events get fucked up every time you import and apply an updated T++ project? Wouldn't excluding CommonEvents.rvdata2 while importing fix that issue? Not in-between new raw game releases, of course, since they might add common events.

I honestly believe it might be more efficient to apply minor changes to translation exclusively by editing events and database via RPGMaker itself instead of using T++.
...but those changes would be then left out from the translation project for future implementation.

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
- "Reputation" would be conveyed better by "Fame" - the word reputation implies that it can be good or bad (which is something karma does), but it's only beneficial for it to go up (+ it's a shorter word and these are always more optimal when translating from Japanese).
- The word "tolerance" and "resistance" are inconsistently used, while I think they mean the same thing for items.
- "Tolerates ATK weaken" should be "Resists ATK reduction" ("Two Body Sword" description - the name itself is kind of awkward, I'd name it a "Double-Edged Sword" if I understand the meaning correctly).
- "Stork Feathers" accessory - should be singular in the name and description
- "Remnants of an Ugly Heart" - seems kind of clunky for a common item name. I believe "ugly heart" is a mistranslation by Google translate, and the original kanji intention was something like "monster/evil residue". I could be wrong though.
- Similarly as above "Remnants of Emptiness" should IMO be called "Void Residue".
- The "Submissive" achievement description states "Rindo" instead of "Lind"
- "Knowledge" hero soul description: "equipments" is not singular.
- "Mystery Lady Armor" should probably be called simply "Mystery Female Armor"
Thanks, I'll keep these in mind for the next update.
Some points:
- Two Body Sword, I think, is what it's actually going for. Its description in the Item Book (which I am unable to translate because it's in the form of a comment and would be another tedious task should I keep updating that), states that it was given that name because of its capability to cut an enemy into two in an instant, thus, two body.
- I kinda like the sound of "Remnants of Something" so I kept those, I agree that it's kinda long though.
I think ugly heart is correct, but evil works too.
I just think the writer was spicing up the terms instead of being too literal about them.
- I think I prefer . No one says "Female Stuff", you say "Women's Stuff" or "Girls' Stuff".

And as for some dialogues (mostly sex dialogues) that you might come across in the future, well, I'm no english major, and I admit, I keep jumping between different tenses and points of view when trying to fit the text in. Man, kanji is really compact.
Also, I'm always unsure at what tense the japanese text is being spoken with.

For example, do the common events get fucked up every time you import and apply an updated T++ project? Wouldn't excluding CommonEvents.rvdata2 while importing fix that issue? Not in-between new raw game releases, of course, since they might add common events.
If you're updating the translation for a newer release, there's a really high chance that the CommonEvents has been touched, so you still have to carry the changes for that file. (Yeah I missed what you've written)
Otherwise, if you won't be doing any changes, then yeah I guess you could do that.
I'd still be careful though, Translator++ merges all identical text into one context. So if you have a text in CommonEvents that's also in another Map, then you lose the one in the Map. Nothing game-breaking I think.

You don't have to do the copy-pasting every time if you just want to test the export, just let the cut-ins be broken.
Just do it last, once you're done with everything.
I looked into RPGMaker Trans for making a patcher but no luck, it doesn't touch comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hakkira and 0nymous

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
And as for some dialogues (mostly sex dialogues) that you might come across in the future, well, I'm no english major, and I admit, I keep jumping between different tenses and points of view when trying to fit the text in. Man, kanji is really compact.
The brute force solution to avoid character limitations in dialogue/scenes is adding more text lines to the event via RPGMaker.
Sadly it's pretty much a non-option for a game with potential updates, or when working with Translator++.

All the more complicated by the fact Translator++ does not give a FUCK about the small text boxes and it's only possible to see clipped text during gameplay or in the event's preview box.

Last edited:

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
All the more complicated by the fact Translator++ does not give a FUCK about the small text boxes and it's only possible to see clipped text during gameplay or in the event's preview box.
Translator++ uses RPGMaker Trans which is actually capable of extending the dialogue lines beyond one text box which I've learned not too long ago.
For example, you can put something like this into just one cell in Translator++:

[Name]
Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
[Name]
Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah

Once in the game, the 5th line and beyond will automatically be appended as a new dialogue below the first one.
Though I still try to make it fit as much as I can.
But yeah, you're still limited with the amount of characters you can put horizontally in one line so you need to check those.

Last edited:

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
2 questions
1) Do you have marry someone to get the ntr events
2) How do you progress kei's quest

Dybbuk

Feb 19, 2019
2 questions
1) Do you have marry someone to get the ntr events
2) How do you progress kei's quest
1 - No. Most NTR is not linked to marriage (except a couple of events for Mirey that only happen if married)
2 - Not sure where you are with her, but you may need to have 50 karma to start it
Crappy Google translation from the wiki below....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Hakkira and Naru100

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
1 - No. Most NTR is not linked to marriage (except a couple of events for Mirey that only happen if married)
2 - Not sure where you are with her, but you may need to have 50 karma to start it
Crappy Google translation from the wiki below....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks a bunch

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes