Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
1. Kelly best girl. Other opinions are invalid. If her ending isn't running away together and becoming a superstar rock duo then I will be very sad. I do sort of hope for some references to what happened in the past during her ending, though. A 'full crying breakup scene' would be too much I think, and wouldn't really focus on the new relationship they have.

I would prefer something like... maybe an interviewer asking pointed questions about their "previous band" and their answers, then their actual thoughts afterward in private between just Flin and Kelly. Maybe with a sexy scene after confirming "no regrets" or somesuch. Or maybe some of their new fans gossiping about them after a show that they overhear. Or even seeing something in a tabloid provoking a talk about the past, if they have gotten that big by that point. Something that has them briefly run back through their thoughts and feelings from the very first time they saw each other, through falling for one another, their choice to be together, and their eventual present day circumstances.

Basically, an emotional retrospective on their relationship. Probably followed by sex.

2. Julie second best girl. Also not up for debate. I feel torn on this potential ending. I admit, I kind of want two different possible endings for Julie. I don't know if you are going to do multi-endings though, so I'll just have to hope. Both of them involve Julie getting pregnant, though. I truly don't think a non-pregnant Julie ending would be satisfying, considering her whole... everything.

The first ending I hope to see would be divorce and elopement. Pregnant Julie on her honeymoon with Flin or a "several years later" version with her in their happy home holding Flin's child, something like that. In both cases her and Flin talking about how happy they are and maybe talking a little bit about her ex-husband and other family, but mostly in the context of how happy she is with her new life. This is the traditional ending. It's well-worn in many game types.

The other one is less standard, and also the one I am worried won't make it in. A "cuckoo's nest" ending where Flin and Julie continue their secret relationship indefinitely. Stella's suspicion and trust hit a strong enough level that she never suspects anything forever. They stay together, maybe even marry and become rockstars with the band. Meanwhile, Flin and Julie continue their clandestine romance, even getting Julie pregnant. Possibly more than once. Julie stays married, raising Flin's children as her husband's while basically stealing her daughter's husband.

Maybe as rockstars Flin convinces Stella to buy a seperate house for Julie because she helps with the band or something, and Flin+Julie do married couple stuff there on the down low. Possibly even to the point people comment on it, but the high-trust low-suspicion Stella just thinks of it as Flin's good relationship with her parents.

It would take more setup and wordcount to do well. But the thought is pretty hot, at least to me. But I have to admit the full "divorces husband and leaves children to run away with main character and start a new family" ending has some appeal too.

Anyway. Just some thoughts.

The secret blowjob in the forest was amazing, though. And Kelly's internal monologue in the tent while her boyfrind was standing outside was beyond amazing. A couple more 'risky quickie' scenes like that for each girl would be pretty hot.
1. This sounds like you more want just plain drama than a good ending for them. I'm not so sure how well that would fit in a game like this that's more about just straight happy sex and romance but it is interesting. Kelly is cool but her being #1 is objectively incorrect.

2. The amount of times he's busting in EVERY girl, it wouldn't feel right if any of them did not end up pregnant lol. Divorce + elopement is a staple in "cheating with a married woman" games umu umu. But miiiight end up having a dual yandere ending in this case. The second ending is interesting but it wouldn't work. Julie isn't single so it would be hella sus to buy a house for just her even if you try and say she helps with band. Plus you would really have to retract on some things for Julie to get preg and it not be sus to her husband and Stella especially if she's out helping the band (i.e. not having time to actually do the act with her husband to even get preg by him).
Good idea but need to let it cook some more. Julie #2 I do support, but Kelly is neck and neck with her.

3. Amy is #1, this was foretold by the universe itself. It's like believing the Earth is flat, you're free to do so and it is cute....but it's WRONG!

4. That bj scene was pretty nice, and I was hoping for some more "hidden in the trees" stuff for all the girls. Oh well was still a great update.

5. Was hoping for some more, Saman....something stuff following Chapter 9, maybe she makes a return in 11+

• Haha
Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
1. Kelly best girl. Other opinions are invalid.
Amy is #1, this was foretold by the universe itself. It's like believing the Earth is flat, you're free to do so and it is cute....but it's WRONG!
You both have made my day, because all I've ever wanted was to see an argument over best girl :ROFLMAO:

In regards to the endings:
First, I should bring up I made recently, because in it I talk about a lot of my plans for finishing LLRR, including the endings (to some extent).
There's a lot I haven't settled on yet when it comes to the endings. There are some things I feel strongly about, and some things I don't. I'll just lay out what I have planned:

First off, there will be multiple endings. At least 4, and at most....I guess like 12?
You'll need sufficient Love with the girl you like to pick the ending you want.

By default, there will always be an ending for a generic happily-ever-after with Stella. The band rises to fame, etc. etc.
I think I'm also going to have an alternate ending with Stella where you continue to cheat on her forever. Maybe if you had sex but didn't establish a relationship with anyone else, then you still get the generic ending (with some reference to "never cheating on her again"). But otherwise, you continue to cheat, potentially with all three (or four, depending on how I handle Samantha). In which case they'd each just get their own blurb, and I don't think the cheating would be super frequent.

If her ending isn't running away together and becoming a superstar rock duo then I will be very sad.
You're in luck, that's exactly the plan for Kelly.
In all cases, I don't...really wanna do a whole wretched tearful breakup scene. It may be cowardly, but I think just leaving a note and running off together is how I wanna handle it for most people's endings. And I'm getting the sense that others feel the same way, which makes me feel better because I was a little worried about that lol.

But I think the scenes are largely gonna happen in real time, rather than being a retrospective. The endings also aren't gonna each be these super long affairs (no pun intended). I'd like a final, maximum-romantic sex scene for each character, but the rest of the details are probably gonna be, you know, a few sentences.

Pregnancy
What I am considering...is that for each and every ending, I just give you an additional choice of whether or not you decided to have kids. And if you did then yeah, the romantic sex scene will involve getting her pregnant, and I'd also like a shot of you as a couple with one or two of your kids, haha.

---

So to answer the questions about Julie, I'm thinking her ending is a standard elopement with Flin (but probably a more severe cutting of ties than any of the other endings), however if you choose Stella's ending and you're with Julie, then I'm potentially down for the two of you to continue cheating together...and maybe I'll give that version a choice of whether or not you impregnate those you're cheating with, too.

Finally, mostly just for fun, I'm considering a harem ending. I think it'd make the endgame more entertaining as you try to increase everyone's love stats far enough. If I do this, I'll have a version with Stella, and a version without.
Unfortunately, as I said recently, no orgies. I'm not big on them, and even if I was, if two people in an orgy are related then that qualifies as incest by Patreon's standards.

How does Samantha factor into all this? Undecided. But if she doesn't get any additional content, then Flin got her pregnant already. I think...I'm leaning towards giving her more content, though. I may even work her into the upcoming beach scene. We'll see.

---

Thank you both for the kind words, glad you liked the update!

Valvette

Apr 19, 2018
There is no plan to port this to Android or have it work on Joi-play I imagine. Remember older versions being ported but for some reason they just stopped.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
There is no plan to port this to Android or have it work on Joi-play I imagine. Remember older versions being ported but for some reason they just stopped.
Last I heard, it works on Joi-play if you're using a recent version. Have you updated it recently?

Valvette

Apr 19, 2018
Last I heard, it works on Joi-play if you're using a recent version. Have you updated it recently?
Yes I use the latest version of android and joiplay with the renpy plug-in.
I know the newer version of Joi-play causes a lot of issues but there some games I'm able to play with no issues such as Harem Hotel

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
I'm not sure why I like this game so much, bad graphics, limited nudity, painful gameplay, but it is somehow addictively great.
It grows on you.

Hell, one of my favorite H devs (305 Labo) isn't the best artist: 1st game main heroine whose breast and body size changed constantly going from flat loli, to oppai loli, to mid teens with average breast, to late teens with big breast. The coloring that it did have (most was in b/w) looked to be done with a crayon. 2nd game was in full color but the coloring evolved to color pencils, heroines was thankfully consistent. 3rd game oooh the production value went up by a lot! Artwork still pretty mid but it was nicely colored and animated.
The one thing all 3 of these games had was great characters, interesting story, attention to details and lots of extra dialog you can easily miss. The art that I thought was bad then, became artwork I get excited to see whenever I browse DLSite's new announcements.

Reactions: jefaulmann1

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Do you have any plans to release the latest version for Android?
I dunno, last time I tried an Android build of the game, it was all messed up. The text ran off the edge of things, the UI got cluttered and bunched-up, the microscopic whisper text was far too tiny...in fact, I'm not even 100% certain that all the choices were visible if there were too many on screen at once. I don't remember, but in short: it just wasn't designed for mobile.

Some people have gotten it to work on Joiplay. I don't know if Joiplay is able to format it better, but you can try that.

So latest version? No. Will I ever make an Android build by the time the game is complete? Maybe, but I make no promises.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
4.5 stars? That's why I don't trust review scores...
It's almost as if reviews are subjective opinions by different people with different standards instead of objective facts by a collective but psh, that's crazy talk....

Review scores, even if they are accurate, do not tell you how any single person will feel for the game. I've hated games that had high review scores and loved ones that had low ones and vice versa.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
It's pretty good.

I think I'm not the only one who thinks this would get better with enabling mc naming and adding creampie renders

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Finally, mostly just for fun, I'm considering a harem ending. I think it'd make the endgame more entertaining as you try to increase everyone's love stats far enough. If I do this, I'll have a version with Stella, and a version without.
Unfortunately, as I said recently, no orgies. I'm not big on them, and even if I was, if two people in an orgy are related then that qualifies as incest by Patreon's standards.
Everything you said about this ending strikes a cord with me.
Harem.
And no orgies=better quality time!
It sounds like you're not into threesomes as well but that is just a guess. I'm still content with one on one quality time with each harem girl. IMO that's better than the group harem scenes in other games, anime, basically any fiction. Unless you made a girl strongly lesb or equally bi, having her get in an orgy or add participants to sex kills their character more often than not.

Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Everything you said about this ending strikes a cord with me.
Harem.
And no orgies=better quality time!
It sounds like you're not into threesomes as well but that is just a guess. I'm still content with one on one quality time with each harem girl. IMO that's better than the group harem scenes in other games, anime, basically any fiction. Unless you made a girl strongly lesb or equally bi, having her get in an orgy or add participants to sex kills their character more often than not.
Nice, the rare case where someone agrees with me on this :ROFLMAO:
I feel like most erotica always views orgies as the "endgame," the ultimate goal that it's all ramping up to. And when it finally happens, everyone cheers. There aren't two schools of thought on this, there's just overwhelming "orgies are fantastic content."

But sex involving 3+ people doesn't do it for me. I wish it did. Making threesomes sounds fun!

I think it's my obsession with face-to-face sex, intimate lovemaking, equal dynamics, etc. You can't really look two people in the eye at the same time, kiss them both at the same time, fuck at the same time...not really. Someone always has to be at least partially left out.
Of course, it doesn't help that I'm not into lesbian content either. If I was, that would help smooth some of those issues over. Ah well.

The only harem shot I'm planning to make is just like, a fun shot of all the ladies lying naked against Flin. Tons of boobage.

It's pretty good.

I think I'm not the only one who thinks this would get better with enabling mc naming and adding creampie renders
You aren't the first to request mc naming, it's true. But I wanted to write a story with a character who's name I could have people shout, scream, say in a funny way, nickname, etc.

Capture.PNG
(to be fair, you could use the first two letters of most random names and it would work fine here, but I liked that the sound "Fl" makes is subtle, no vowels. Plus if your name was "Ben," the point would be lost here).

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

You're forced to cut a lot of personality out of dialogue when you use a variable as your character's name, and I feel this issue gets glossed over too much in the visual novel world.

I have an idea for my next game that would involve allowing the player to set their name and type in those sorts of variations themselves at the start, but it's not something I'm going to worry about for Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll.
---
Thanks for your thoughts, and thanks for trying the game out (y)

Reactions: Holdos and flanby

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 1.61

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 139 MB

Come find me on Discord:

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Nothing new?
Released? Not since 1.61 dropped.

Information? They are working to finish up the next half of the "vacation arc" I guess you can call it which will take place at the beach. They are reworking the conversation mini-game (namely taking out studying and band practice), adding in the ability to go on dates and a sex sorta mini-game. I'm not sure how much have been finialized since they don't want to give off too many spoilers before hand.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Nothing new?
Released? Not since 1.61 dropped.
I'll elaborate a little, but DatWanGai pretty much covered it.
I'm calling this update "The Beach Update," because the most interesting event I'm adding involves everybody going to the beach. To that end, I've finished all the bikini designs and made a few CG's. Here's a lil' sneak peek for Kelly and Stella.
Kelly Stella Bikini Contrast.png
There's a lot more I need to do for the beach stuff, which I'm hoping to complete this month.

But the main crux of the update has nothing to do with the beach, and involves the restructuring of the second half of the game. The conversation mini-game falls away and is replaced with essentially randomized little sex scenes. Instead of studying and band practice, you go on dates with the women you romanced during the band tour (including Samantha, if you managed to have sex with her, but hers is a special case that'll be covered more in the update after this one).

So, there's a lot of work I need to do on the beach update, but in regards to all that other date 'n sex stuff, I'm BASICALLY done. I still need to do some mindless things, like plugging in a bunch of random sex images, and I need to make some little texting events with Samantha. But all the programming logic and hard stuff is done, tested, and works.

I'm also thinking this will be the third-to-last update for Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll. It's my new year's resolution to finish the damn game this year, so three more updates (including this one) and I'll be done at last.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes