VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love, Lust & Lunacy [v1.0.1] [Meep!]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
Yeah, I need to learn not to get so attached to these games.
It's a shame the dev didn't come here and say it's abandoned though.
I normally try to only play games that are completed, or the dev has other games completed that shows they can keep up with their work, the others, I just follow, and wait, normally once a week I go through the list, and find 3-5 abandoned games each time, it's bad, but at leats it keeps me from being disappointed, because I know I can get attached to a game that has a story that I like, or a LI that checks the right boxes for me, knowing that, I just try to not play unfinished games that I'm not certain they'll be finished, sadly, that also hurts the chances of good new devs getting my sub in patreon, but the amount of devs that abandon games, make me not want to pay for unfinished games.

I don't know if that would work for you, I just don't play that many games, don't have the time for it, so maybe you just have more time, and the "hype" of wanting to play games is harder to resist, but doing it like this works for me, since now when I see an abandoned tag, it's just one more game that I only know the name of, and a few screenshots, can be disappointing when one that looked very good gets the tag, but at least I don't feel attached to them xD.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
So #2 abandoned for this developer.... Dr Amana was a good game never finished and now this one. I've learned my lesson and only DL completed games or ones from established developers.
Sorta...but not really. Meepish never actually did any work on DAST that was released. It was just more months (and eventually 3 years and more if you count the time before Meepish was brought in) of dev messages, teaser images and hand waving.

Maybe this one will get an update, but honestly why bother? The Patreon, which was the DAST one originally (IANVS), and converted to this title, is still cranking in revenue, even without any updates or even any dev posts. The last two weeks have had the number of paid subscribers increase.

Sadly the number of games that completed are still painfully small compared to the vast majority that get abandoned. But among the completed games on F95, some of them are really good. One of my favorites is in your signature. ;)

laseracid

Jul 4, 2017
As I said in my post meepish has been radio silent for about 6 months now after the 1 and only update didn't land well here on 95. The discord for the game is a ghost town.

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
You gotta admit though, it's hilarious to read the self fornication in the devs comments only for said dev to abandon the game shortly afterwards.
Duration of time before a game gets abandoned is inversely proportional to the ratio of words spent describing how awesome the game will be to words spent describing what the game's actually about.

In this case with four whole paragraphs about how amazing the dev is and not a goshdarn word about what's in the game, I conclude this game was abandoned before it was posted.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Gatdammm but this one had promise :cry::cry::cry::cry:
I don't like to be mean, but I'm not sure this one ever had promise. Sadly there are a lot of developers who burn really hot right off the rip, which very often means they burn out really fast. I understand everyone has RL happen, but right after a single release is pretty unlikely. The fact that Meepish did a single release and then vanished like a fart in the wind says something. I just can't tell what exactly all of the masturbatory rhetoric about the quality of the game implies. I'm guessing it's one of two things: either Meep thought she'd hit it big immediately (which almost never happens); or she is a hyper-perfectionist and so falls into the same pit of dissatisfaction that folks like Enyo Eerie and Oceanlab have.

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
I don't like to be mean, but I'm not sure this one ever had promise. Sadly there are a lot of developers who burn really hot right off the rip, which very often means they burn out really fast. I understand everyone has RL happen, but right after a single release is pretty unlikely. The fact that Meepish did a single release and then vanished like a fart in the wind says something. I just can't tell what exactly all of the masturbatory rhetoric about the quality of the game implies. I'm guessing it's one of two things: either Meep thought she'd hit it big immediately (which almost never happens); or she is a hyper-perfectionist and so falls into the same pit of dissatisfaction that folks like Enyo Eerie and Oceanlab have.
It seems like the dev notes was written by the Roman (original dev). He was being a hype man heh. So at least it's not like Meep wrote all that for herself and then poofed. Anyways, I would have been pleasantly surprised if she pulled it off, but realistically, I wasn't too optimistic. It wasn't the cleanest handover.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think it's likely a different scenario happened.

As far as I remember, Meepish is one of Roman's IRL friends. That's how Roman found her to dev the game. But Meepish had never actually done any 3D stuff before, so Roman had to teach her.

That worked out well at the start.

But eventually, Meepish realized this is a lot of work after the initial excitement of being a dev wore off. That or she realized she doesn't actually want to be a AVN dev at one point or another.

Making a game is a major commitment that someone who is brand new to AVN's likely isn't up for.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes