dboura

Aug 4, 2019
I think I might be bugged I went through on a second playthrough and I am at day 101 and I still can't find a black rose in elsewhere!!! Last time it dropped easily now none at all a little help Droid Productions.
Check next to your laptop when in your bedroom. If you have one that wasn't used it will be there too. Might have overlooked getting one.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Check next to your laptop when in your bedroom. If you have one that wasn't used it will be there too. Might have overlooked getting one.
I checked it's not there. It is strange I haven't gotten one yet and it is so far in the game. What are the chances of it dropping?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Someone min-maxing hard would end up around ~60 for stats, with 2-3 full builds of gems (to deal with immunities from higher tier enemies). Note that you can swap gems in and out, or swap gem sets, before the first round starts.

In terms of builds:

Ice/Shield is the most defensive, but it'll grind most battles to a halt since it does very little damage.
Poison/shield and poison/ice are defensive builds, as long as you're not dealing with poison immune enemies
Fire builds, especially with Katie, are effective. Fire + a little Lightning seems the most effective of them.
Rage now does self-damage, but it'll splash against a shield. A pure Rage/Shield is a healthy balance of offence and defence.
Rage+Cluster (especially in a STR heavy build) does absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage. Put the Rage gems at higher tiers, the cluster at lower tiers, and bring Dylan w/ regen, because this is going to be a rough fight.

If you're looking to maximize secondary skills (poison/fire/lightning/ice), an INT heavy build is best. If you're looking to maximize Damage (Piece/Damage/Cluster),focus on STR. Once CHR is above 30-40, you're likely recharging fast enough anyway. I should really balance that better, so CHR becomes more important.

• Love
Reactions: Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I checked it's not there. It is strange I haven't gotten one yet and it is so far in the game. What are the chances of it dropping?
If you have the flag JENNY_MASTER (which is set when you say "Like Me" while reading the book), and you don't have any black roses, and you haven't completed the Black Rose saga yet, it has a 70% drop chance on entering a treasure site in Elsewhere.

1608767106357.png

Reactions: Real Kreten

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
If you have the flag JENNY_MASTER (which is set when you say "Like Me" while reading the book), and you don't have any black roses, and you haven't completed the Black Rose saga yet, it has a 70% drop chance on entering a treasure site in Elsewhere.

View attachment 953825
I said "like me" when I read the book but I am still not seeing the option to get the black rose when at the treasure site. I haven't completed the black rose saga on this playthrough and I am not seeing that flag when I hit Ctrl+J

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I said "like me" when I read the book but I am still not seeing the option to get the black rose when at the treasure site. I haven't completed the black rose saga on this playthrough and I am not seeing that flag when I hit Ctrl+J
Could you check if adding it fixes it? I'm adding it in earlier, since you really shouldn't be gated on this content.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Could you check if adding it fixes it? I'm adding it in earlier, since you really shouldn't be gated on this content.
Yep that fixed it got it on the first try!!! THANKS A LOT!!!! Man after so long with such an easy fix. Sooo much death, sooo many dead monsters. On the plus side I am rich right now so there is that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I'm having trouble understanding how to use the gems, where to put them to get the best damage. Seems like some gems don't fit in all the slots, only the measly lower damage ones fit in the bottom poker hands and I tend to only get 1 or 2 pair hands so not doing much damage.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm having trouble understanding how to use the gems, where to put them to get the best damage. Seems like some gems don't fit in all the slots, only the measly lower damage ones fit in the bottom poker hands and I tend to only get 1 or 2 pair hands so not doing much damage.
Okay, let's start by looking at the poker hands
1608780362644.png
(Since we play with Jokers, there's actually a 5 of a kind as well, but the principle applies).

A tier1 gem (like fire1, poison1, etc) fits into a One Pair, or anything higher (so you could put at fire1 in a Royal Flush slot, it just wouldn't be a very good use of the slot). A tier2 gem (fire2, poison2) fits into a two pairs (and anything above), etc.

You can only get access to tier1-8 through monster drops and shops; the Tier9 (True Flawless Gems) are given out at story points.

As you advance through the story, there are moments when MC's power levels go through a quantum jump (so he gets much stronger). That's represented by being able to slot the tiers 1 lower (so now a fire2 can fit into a One Pair, a fire3 into two pairs).

Hope that helps clear it up.

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
Don't forget there are strengths and weakness side affects to some of the gems and abilities. Ice for example will deminish the dmg done by the MCs attacks. Some gems will also cause a dot dmg effect too like poison and fire, lightning can cause them to miss their turn like a stunned effect. Best to not specifically make a one for all gem setting but make a few so you can change them when you see what mob you are about to fight.

Reactions: Real Kreten

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
One issue I have encountered is when I go to save and over write the file I can't get back into the game. Clicking anywhere on the screen doesn't do anything and I have to exit the game and reload.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
View attachment 954038
(Since we play with Jokers, there's actually a 5 of a kind as well, but the principle applies).

A tier1 gem (like fire1, poison1, etc) fits into a One Pair, or anything higher (so you could put at fire1 in a Royal Flush slot, it just wouldn't be a very good use of the slot). A tier2 gem (fire2, poison2) fits into a two pairs (and anything above), etc.

You can only get access to tier1-8 through monster drops and shops; the Tier9 (True Flawless Gems) are given out at story points.

As you advance through the story, there are moments when MC's power levels go through a quantum jump (so he gets much stronger). That's represented by being able to slot the tiers 1 lower (so now a fire2 can fit into a One Pair, a fire3 into two pairs).

Yes, that does. Thanks!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
One issue I have encountered is when I go to save and over write the file I can't get back into the game. Clicking anywhere on the screen doesn't do anything and I have to exit the game and reload.
Which version are you playing? 1.0.1 should have fixed that (though the earlier 1.0.0 had that bug).

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Make sure you have another rose, then go there at night (without having done anything else that night, so no working in the bar, etc).
Roses ain't dropping, I think I might have done black rose event 3 thinking it was 2 before I actually did it so now I am not sure if I have bugged the quest? Can you still get 2 after you have already done 3?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Roses ain't dropping, I think I might have done black rose event 3 thinking it was 2 before I actually did it so now I am not sure if I have bugged the quest? Can you still get 2 after you have already done 3?
No, it won't drop any more roses after 3. Strange, first time I see this.

In the cheat menu, though (where you can cheat for STR, INT, etc) you can also cheat for roses. Just give yourself one there.

pstear

May 21, 2020
View attachment 954038

Just a thought in passing ( which is usually a bad idea )

Have you thought about putting graphics like this for the poker hands on the gems screen ????

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes