Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Sorry, my bad, I was not clear. I was referring to the end of book 2 (well, the end for the moment) act VIII. When I ended it, I had reached level 36, with hp 940 max, but when I tried to do the "free roaming", and reload it, it went down to 660hp max. Though I tried loading from day 150, go forward, and the continue directly, and it seems to have worked, so it seems it may not be a systematic bug. I just loaded a save from day 156 I have done after, and it worked nicely.

Thanks for the Jalsa explanation, I had not built the dojo by then (the first thing I built was the Onsen), it means I missed that, so, I guess that event is not possible anymore, unless I load from waaaay back to go back to chapter VII, and continue from there (though actually, when book 2 is finished, maybe one could start all the way from the start of book 2, to see all the additions and corrections).

By the way, sorry, my bad, I just tried to use the keys to select the option for the action to do, after I had activated the ally, and it worked fine. Not seeing the indication, I thought it did not work.

Still very happy to support on Patreon, it's a great game ;-), hope you get more "patrons".
You dont have to rewind your game. Just load from the chapter end save, continue free roam and thats it. I builded all extra rooms to Kings Dragon at that extra play time, even completed all related quest to them like finding Draco in the time between Act VII and Act VIII. I played to 290'th something day and Emily called me back to start of Act VIII without any loss.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
That WOULD be a bug. Let me check.

She also gets a third attack, Fire Mastery, in Act VIII+ :)
I generally dont use Katie but after that post I tried her and I have same bug too, It seems like both fire mastery and basic attack are same. I can trigger fire mastery infinite time but there arent any difference from her basic attack

Hmm...haven't found a 3rd attack...can only choose between "set the bastard on fire" and "use your fire master" and they both do 1200
I didnt found it too but I think it will be avaible in the Act IX for us. Since Droid said "Act VII+" I am assuming he will integrate it while working for Act XI.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I generally dont use Katie but after that post I tried her and I have same bug too, It seems like both fire mastery and basic attack are same. I can trigger fire mastery infinite time but there arent any difference from her basic attack
Katie souped up, Bella with the hammer, Molly with the sweet sweet jokers and the MC with X is just OP as fuck.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Katie souped up, Bella with the hammer, Molly with the sweet sweet jokers and the MC with X is just OP as fuck.
So Akane is possibly the most difficult to maximize. But her ability to "peek" and her Shadow Hunter skill (which allows you to dump a suit for new cards and get various benefits) really are massively powerful. Coupled with Xochi's or Dylan's companion refresh which gives you two bites at the apple at changing the table, she can be a lot more powerful than Mollie's five jokers. Although Mollie ALWAYS delivers the jokers, changing the table is always dependent on what you have to start with.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Well, it depends on the taste (i.e. playing style), but I saw another combination that works well is Bella, Fir and Molly, depending also on the stones.
Fir+rights stones, can get fast to high shield (I arrived at more than 5000), so Bella and the MC can smash at 1000 a piece, and even if every time Molly takes from you she weakens your attack, with the shielding high enough and Fir recharging fast enough (especially if the stone help add up), even a Cambrion assassin with 9000 hp, takes few rounds, but is nothing to worry about (well, I do have also attacks with the cards, of course).
Did not have that combination against the Outsider, but maybe in future we will have to fight again against the outsiders, and maybe more than one at a time, so, better level up ;-)

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
You dont have to rewind your game. Just load from the chapter end save, continue free roam and thats it. I builded all extra rooms to Kings Dragon at that extra play time, even completed all related quest to them like finding Draco in the time between Act VII and Act VIII. I played to 290'th something day and Emily called me back to start of Act VIII without any loss.
Well, as I wrote, the problem was the chapter end save, but now that I bypassed it, it works, I will try to follow go a bit forward I am at 162.
Draco honestly does not ring a bell, at least not in this game :), is a bit like Jalsa supposedly met in the Dojo as part of chapter VII, but that I have not yet met, and the wedding that in theory already happened, but nothing (well, not the wedding) happened when I reached that date - but that can also be because there are still thing to fine tune in chapter VIII as well, patience is needed.
Though it is nice to see people seem to be getting quite hooked up with the game :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, as I wrote, the problem was the chapter end save, but now that I bypassed it, it works, I will try to follow go a bit forward I am at 162.
Draco honestly does not ring a bell, at least not in this game :), is a bit like Jalsa supposedly met in the Dojo as part of chapter VII, but that I have not yet met, and the wedding that in theory already happened, but nothing (well, not the wedding) happened when I reached that date - but that can also be because there are still thing to fine tune in chapter VIII as well, patience is needed.
Though it is nice to see people seem to be getting quite hooked up with the game :)
Note that while you can do side-content past the end of Act VIII (day 151), there is no main-line content available past that. No wedding, etc. Once Act IX is done it'll rewind you to day 151 and start from there, though side-quests (such as upgrading the KD) will remain complete.

Reactions: Real Kreten

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
So Akane is possibly the most difficult to maximize. But her ability to "peek" and her Shadow Hunter skill (which allows you to dump a suit for new cards and get various benefits) really are massively powerful. Coupled with Xochi's or Dylan's companion refresh which gives you two bites at the apple at changing the table, she can be a lot more powerful than Mollie's five jokers. Although Mollie ALWAYS delivers the jokers, changing the table is always dependent on what you have to start with.
Oh I get it, and I know the effort has been put in to balance the characters so it avoids a "A team..... and the rest" but Bella's hammer REALLY ends any problems when out demon hunting. I'm kinda hoping going forward a high level glade or something is introduced we can go to because the hunting grounds at the moment are so easy to not require any effort to fire through.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Well, it depends on the taste (i.e. playing style), but I saw another combination that works well is Bella, Fir and Molly, depending also on the stones.
Fir+rights stones, can get fast to high shield (I arrived at more than 5000), so Bella and the MC can smash at 1000 a piece, and even if every time Molly takes from you she weakens your attack, with the shielding high enough and Fir recharging fast enough (especially if the stone help add up), even a Cambrion assassin with 9000 hp, takes few rounds, but is nothing to worry about (well, I do have also attacks with the cards, of course).
Did not have that combination against the Outsider, but maybe in future we will have to fight again against the outsiders, and maybe more than one at a time, so, better level up ;-)
The issue with that is, what in the game necessitates having 5000 shield apart from an Outsider? With Bella and Katie dishing out around 1k hits a piece with a crazy refresh rate, and the MC starting with.... what? say 700/800 health. Cambrion assassins or Helluva Demons on whaterver they're called get maybe one hit in before you can raise your own shield with X or lightening them to the point they don't hit back. After which you just cut them up. Or if you're really cautious you throw in the Shield 9 into the flush category, pump Molly full of magic then throw down basically an automatic flush. 2000 shields, thanks very much. Game over.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Well for outsiders and other story content you don't have a choice in what companions are there with you. That's all on Droid setting up the scene. The funny thing with the outsides is while X's barrier is active you still get the full "damage taken" value for refreshing your companions and X. So after a short while I'm just permanently in barrier and thus immune to all damage.

So it's really only about the morning trip which is ultimately about gathering resources. It already the most valuable thing you can do in a day but Akane's peek and Bella's extra moves increase the value gained assuming you can beat the combat. Akane also has the +stat option when resting and with her shadow gear providing some sustain you might not need Emily, Dylan or Xochi.

So the third slot goes to whoever makes the combat the easiest/fastest or who is needed for some kind of rest event. Molly would be that for me but your mileage may vary.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Thing is, it makes sense that fights with the... erm.... great unwashed of Elsewhere wouldn't be too taxing for your party given you are literally the dug bollocks in terms of power. But it's so easy it makes gathering resources to be almost a chore. It seems almost beneath the King and Queen of Camelot to be out thinning the herds. Much more logical to have it as a task to assign the Gurkhas to do and have them report in to you.

But then doing that means there's less gameplay for the user, and that's always dangerous

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
i still wonder why we can not build fist to go and do the harvesting i mean Mathew Kathy akane give each 3 suport elements and they be able to do it hell even Emily its not like we lack the specialized manpower to build 2 or 3 secondary fists! maybe even turn it into a kingdom event for a specific area like the spider area the old hunting grounds or the guardians and we can not use the elements of that fist for 2 weak while they gather the resources and ofc we have 1st pick of the gems collected!
I think it's to avoid the situation where the player ultimately has nothing to do bar sit in the bar and drink coffee whilst reading books waiting for the next Outsider fight. The story action pieces are not close enough together where you could just remove the random battles and keep a solid pace. If they wasn't there, and the MC just got resources like he does with the Hogs or the perverts bullets or Merlins tower, then the second book would feel kinda empty.

Reactions: Warscared

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Well my team is Molly, Emily and Bella. Both Emily and Bella hitting hard while Molly gives me jokers. Only difference from your build is Emily can shield me at start so I dont take damage at the first round of combat, which X's barrier not present (If enemy dont have first strike)

Draco honestly does not ring a bell, at least not in this game
There is a side quest at the Kings Dragon which starts with speaking with Kings Dragon :LOL: I dont remember how to trigger it, without spoilers Dragons head send you to find someone as quest and you meet with Draco

Reactions: Real Kreten
Jul 19, 2021
i was never quite into Card games but this peaked my interest and it exceeded everything i thought it could, the feels, the story & the characters were all quite enjoyable, especially Emily. Emily's story and growing relationship with the MC was very touching and memorable, with all that said i would definately replay this in a heart beat.

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
Can i enjoy the game if i dont know how to play poker? Really i have no idea how to play poker, nada, zilch.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can i enjoy the game if i dont know how to play poker? Really i have no idea how to play poker, nada, zilch.
Yes, you do not really need to know anything but the scoring hands and they are given in game as a help. That is all you need to know, if do not like the combat you can also have game auto it for you on easy mode and just play the game.

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
Yes, you do not really need to know anything but the scoring hands and they are given in game as a help. That is all you need to know, if do not like the combat you can also have game auto it for you on easy mode and just play the game.
Oh! I didnt know about that. I can remember the hands. I am gonna go and try it. Thanks for helping me out. Cheers.

Reactions: JMINATL and DA22

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Game helps you a lot. You can activate auto combat which game automatically plays highest value hand or you can wait a little longer in normal gameplay to game show you highest valued hand. If you dont enjoy them, you dont even have to play the fights, Droid made the game in a way that you cant lose critical battles so you can just enjoy the story.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes