UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Mom won't happen, he's said that multiple times. Chloe well ... you'll see ^^
I suspect that Emily would have a pretty serious problem with MC hooking up with Mom. She's accepted the companions, who are careful not to rub her face in their relationship with her husband. It's been alluded to that Emily might have a much more difficult time, with his relationship with Katie (with good reason given the strength of Katie's feelings for the MC, with whom she's deeply in love). Sharing her husband with his mother is more than another bridge too far, after all it would hardly be casual in any sense of that word.

Besides, there is nothing in their relationship that remotely suggests either of them want that type of relationship.

Reactions: JMINATL and Tavi13

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
To Droid Productions,

Dear, I love your game I rate it as within the top 5 games available on this forum.

Unfortunately, today I ran into problems with the 'Book1 - v1.0.7b, Book 2 - v0.2.5b' download.
I use MacOS 11.5.2 and whether I downloaded via F95zone — https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-...-droid-productions.41188/page-27#post-2958710 — from Mega or Nopy and expanded with ArchiveUtility, the Unarchiver or Keka, I invariably obtained the message that the file was damaged and could not be opened.

Maybe something happened with the upload?

Anyway, I am looking forward to the following updates.
Thank you very much indeed for your high-quality work :love:

View attachment 1377886

Weird. I zipped up the latest build from last night here:
- - -

You'll need to set the app permissions using chmod before it'll run, though.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Android doesn't have any problem
But for pc it does , when ever I try to save the files it just turn itself off
First I hear of such a bug. Could you get me a zip of the save-file directory, I'll have a look.
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Just zip up the entire thing and I'll dig into it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Weird. I zipped up the latest build from last night here:
- - MEGA -

You'll need to set the app permissions using chmod before it'll run, though.
I downloaded this from NOPY. Extracted it without error. Applied the chmod and it runs just fine.

Eazeh2

Oct 2, 2020
I think I broke something, still not sure how since I'm slowly replaying to try replicate it. Trying to avoid posting spoilers in the thread, so my apologies for the vagueness. I assume the save will be useful for working out wtf happened, so I'll attach it to the post, but let me know if you need an earlier save or something. the whole folder, it looks pretty compartmentalised and I'm not sure what you'd need.
Full disclosure: not running any mods or translations or anything, although I probably used an editor to mess around with my money some time during book 1 and though I doubt that would have affected anything, you never know.

Build 0.2.5B (Edit: windows, downloaded from Nopy link on the first page of this thread some time within the last 48 hours, in case any of that matters.)
Day 149, during the meeting in the morning, I asked everyone for advice while trying to make up my mind. After asking the last person for advice, I was expecting to see the choice menu again with "I'm ready to decide" or whatever that option was, but instead I get kicked back to the throne room, overlaid with the characters from that conversation. Only one remains clickable, but when I click her, Emily responds with her Good Morning text (sometimes Emily overlays this character, sometimes the other way around).If you know where the buttons are behind the overlaid characters, you can navigate to different areas without issue, so it appears the scene just ... ended abruptly early.

Extra bug, although probably an easier fix since it was easier to work out what was wrong; if you don't finish a research while playing past the current-content-barrier, it messes it up when you load in the new version and get warped back to the barrier day.
I only played 3-4 days past it (I think?) and started this research on the first day past it, so when I load in on the new version, it says 0/7 days complete and counts up as normal to 7/7 days complete ... but the % progress is only ~30% at that point. It looks like the game knows it was started (so can't be interacted with), and when it was started, ie day x (even when x is now in the future), and therefore should finish on day x+7, and so the progress bar is tied to that. I might have got the numbers wrong, but I'll include a screenshot from several days after it should have finished, at 7/7 & 72%.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, is there any guidance in-game as to what stats/level etc we should be aiming for at any given time? I find myself constantly switching between worry that I'm underlevelled and laughing when things get clearly broken. During one particular story fight with 2 new NPCs, I found myself doing something like 230k poison damage to a target with ~10k remaining health... not sure if that's intentional or a result of overlevelled CHA or what.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Lastly, is there any guidance in-game as to what stats/level etc we should be aiming for at any given time? I find myself constantly switching between worry that I'm underlevelled and laughing when things get clearly broken. During one particular story fight with 2 new NPCs, I found myself doing something like 230k poison damage to a target with ~10k remaining health... not sure if that's intentional or a result of overlevelled CHA or what.
This is discussed in the player wiki's debug section:

1630407119812.png

Reactions: kameohawk

Xuris_

Nov 20, 2019
Droid Productions i just bought the game on steam, it's possible to import my save from the forum version? there is difference beteween the contents? like any extra content on any version?

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
Am I the only one having issues with Chloe and the Crowley, she keeps telling me There's nothing for you right now
Over and over, refusing to give me drinks quests or anything else.

I'l already past the day 135, and I fear that I might have to restart the second book

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Droid Productions i just bought the game on steam, it's possible to import my save from the forum version? there is difference beteween the contents? like any extra content on any version?
You can use your current saves just fine. I still load saves from over a year ago without issues in the current client.

There's certainly more content in later versions, but it is typically additive and shouldn't break saves from earlier versions. In some cases, like the Act VIII+ content, there are (optional) quests added that can start in days you've already played, but those quests are designed to be played anywhere in Book II and can be started 'now' or on 'future' days and completed just fine as well.

Good luck!

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Am I the only one having issues with Chloe and the Crowley, she keeps telling me There's nothing for you right now
Over and over, refusing to give me drinks quests or anything else.

I'l already past the day 135, and I fear that I might have to restart the second book
That's the message I see from her in the morning. You'll get some more options in the evening.

Also, quit neglecting your chosen ye miserable excuse fer a godling, they have their own pub in Camelot. Go drink with them. :)

There's still a few things to do at the Crowley now and then, but the place to hang out is the KD.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Same content (barring the text-to-speech I added to Book 1 after last launch here). Savegame paths are the same, so it should recognize all your existing saves. Big advantage of the Steam version is the Beta path, where you can see the game as it's getting developed.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
That's the message I see from her in the morning. You'll get some more options in the evening.

Also, quit neglecting your chosen ye miserable excuse fer a godling, they have their own pub in Camelot. Go drink with them. :)

There's still a few things to do at the Crowley now and then, but the place to hang out is the KD.
That's the problem, I get that message in the morning, evening and night, I never get anything but that message.

And I have been going to the other bar so thats not an issue, I recently managed to get a new kind of egg and I'm looking forwards the omelet

gregro

May 24, 2021
Same content (barring the text-to-speech I added to Book 1 after last launch here). Savegame paths are the same, so it should recognize all your existing saves. Big advantage of the Steam version is the Beta path, where you can see the game as it's getting developed.
I buy game in steam after 8 act and on beta i see events from 8+, after this in beta version will be added piece by piece events from 9 act, or does it come out entirely?

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
That's the problem, I get that message in the morning, evening and night, I never get anything but that message.

And I have been going to the other bar so thats not an issue, I recently managed to get a new kind of egg and I'm looking forwards the omelet
Yeah, that sounds like something isn't working right.

Best bet is hop over to the discord forums ( ) and post your player.log and current .sav2 file that are in to the #lom-bug-reports channel for Droid to take a look at.

And the Omelette takes ten days :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes