Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Wow there is a lot to unpack here.

Helluva game you've created Droid. One hell of an excellent game.
I can only agree, also one of the better written stories I have ever read. The visuals really help to tie it all together.

For Aoife, something fundamental would need to change;
I can see this work. After Katie is resolved. It is said that The Court of the Horned One was once buzzing with his lovers. A fling no, but a long term side thing 'maybe', I can see Aoife settle for that (Fae honor of being the lover of one of the strongest gods), or even start to mirror the Fae Court in someone elses Castle. From a political stand point it would also make sense, It gives her a reason to be 'very' close to the MC, as well a as bringing the Fea and Camelot closer together.
Not sure if and how Val would fit in that picture. And if all else fails, Aoife can wait till Emilly passes of old age, Fea live a LONG time, might as well put it to use.

Only one so far (and then the introduction of the Changer guard, but that's a non-sexual event).
How do I get that event, any Jelsa is better then no Jelsa.

Flings and fooling about aren't a great avenue for the current storyline. Emily is down with the MC fooling about but it tends to be more because "that's what destiny is asking for so what can you do?". There's two instances off the top of my head that I can recall where the MC can fool about, above and beyond that (Jenny and Diane) but they're throwaway characters that have no bearing on the overall narrative.
Diane, yes she is a nice window into how hedge mages work (or how they don't) and an interesting shop owner.
Don't think Jenny is a throw away, she was in the streets once Announcing the MC to the world, not sure if it was in skimpy non outfit, it's related. But it is Jenny who starts the donation campaign for the company that Emily started. Jenny has little screen time that matters, her actions however have more then an self contained effect, therefore she has, however small, some narrative weight.

Fun idea:
Olivia and Jenny in the same television show arguing about the MC, that would be one cluster fuck that would be a joy to read.
Hands folded in frond of her chest in almost a prayer like gesture, stars twinkling in her eyes, "My Lord is the son of God and the most magnificent being ever." Jenny confesses while looking into the camera.
"What, NO!" Oliva slams her hands down on the table, jumps up and spittle is flying everywhere, "MC is the runt of the litter!"
- "HOW dare you insult My Lord!" *dramatic music starts playing*
Speaking about dramatic music, anyone knows what the was playing during the Thor ass kicking in Book 2? I can't find it in the credits.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Diane, yes she is a nice window into how hedge mages work (or how they don't) and an interesting shop owner.
Don't think Jenny is a throw away, she was in the streets once Announcing the MC to the world, not sure if it was in skimpy non outfit, it's related. But it is Jenny who starts the donation campaign for the company that Emily started. Jenny has little screen time that matters, her actions however have more then an self contained effect, therefore she has, however small, some narrative weight.
I referenced Jenny as a "throw away" character because there was a poll on the patreon about a year ago or so around whether Jenny should be a more prominent character and I believe she lost that. That's not to say she won't turn up as she's basically the front for any interactions with the coffee shop, but from what I've seen she won't be a big part. So more Black Rose sub quests.

Which is a shame cause I like her but alas, democracy.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
I referenced Jenny as a "throw away" character because there was a poll on the patreon about a year ago or so around whether Jenny should be a more prominent character and I believe she lost that. That's not to say she won't turn up as she's basically the front for any interactions with the coffee shop, but from what I've seen she won't be a big part. So more Black Rose sub quests.

Which is a shame cause I like her but alas, democracy.
poeple don;t know what they want and it is a good thing then that democracy can only ever done one thing...
until that time, I guess that is why we can't have nice things :(

doppelgrammar

Aug 11, 2018
Wow, I just binged the entire first book in a couple of days. Far better than I expected. Amazingly well written. Better than some novels I've read in its structure and pacing. I went in expecting an entertaining mostly competent time sink, and came out the other side not only entertained but genuinely moved. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this plays out.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah, I've heard that one before. But since most of the core story is locked to hard dates on the timeline (and that will keep flowing forward), I can't just leave it open. Right now they're in the mid-term, so most of it seems continuous, but there'll be exams and stuff like that. The cleanest solution is likely the groundhog Load+ system, which allows you to keep reliving a day and doing non-calender stuff, then rejoin the time-stream when a new update is out.
Did this or an alternative to it ever make into the game? I'm playing for the first time now and I really hate time limit.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did this or an alternative to it ever make into the game? I'm playing for the first time now and I really hate time limit.
It got implemented, yeah, but since Book 1 is complete there isn't any 'end of game' sequence' where you could do that naturally.

Easiest solution is that on Day 114 you use the Debug Menu (Ctrl+J) and use the Skip To Day function to skip to day 120 or so (which is past the end of Book 1, which ends day 115), play as long as you want, then jump back to Day 114 and complete the game. That Savegame is then used to start Book 2 (day 116).

Having played days 120-190 in book 1 won't affect Book 2, apart from you bringing your resources, stats and flags with you.

Book 2 has the Game+ functionality at the end of Act VIII (the current end of content).

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
It got implemented, yeah, but since Book 1 is complete there isn't any 'end of game' sequence' where you could do that naturally.

Easiest solution is that on Day 114 you use the Debug Menu (Ctrl+J) and use the Skip To Day function to skip to day 120 or so (which is past the end of Book 1, which ends day 115), play as long as you want, then jump back to Day 114 and complete the game. That Savegame is then used to start Book 2 (day 116).

Having played days 120-190 in book 1 won't affect Book 2, apart from you bringing your resources, stats and flags with you.

Book 2 has the Game+ functionality at the end of Act VIII (the current end of content).
Nice! Is the ending the only thing limited by time? So would I be able to skip from day 1 to 120, play for a while and then go to day 114 when I feel like playing the ending and not miss anything?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nice! Is the ending the only thing limited by time? So would I be able to skip from day 1 to 120, play for a while and then go to day 114 when I feel like playing the ending and not miss anything?
Correct, yeah. After Day 115 there won't be any 'calendar' events in Book 1, so you could safely clean up any optional side-content. Just means no weekly lessons, etc.

Reactions: quiboune
Aug 9, 2018
I realize there's an achievement for staying as faithful as you can be to Emily, but does anything actually change narratively or in the character dynamic if you turn down Katie?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I realize there's an achievement for staying as faithful as you can be to Emily, but does anything actually change narratively or in the character dynamic if you turn down Katie?
No. There's a couple of places where the dialog changes, but that's it. You're also 'forced' to have sex with her in Book 2, because part of the story needs her to step into Lancelot's shoes.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Re-reading this, I would add a caveat that some things will likely blow up spectacularly if you do :) Stuff like missing the parts where you give them their names, and nick-names, and the various story and character arcs. So I totally recommend playing it *up to* day 114, and then jumping. Otherwise you'll miss out on 99% of the content :D

Aug 9, 2018
No. There's a couple of places where the dialog changes, but that's it. You're also 'forced' to have sex with her in Book 2, because part of the story needs her to step into Lancelot's shoes.
Thanks for the quick answer! That was the one choice in the game I genuinely struggled with because I love her character so much, and it was driving me nuts maintaining one save for 'yes' and one for 'no' just in case something was going to change. (Haven't finished book 2 yet but really looking forward to it!)

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, book 2; happens in the Dojo while training (like a lot of things).

When Akane was made Chosen she pulled enough power from you to punch through a Veil, a glamour, put upon her. In doing so she remembered things people would prefer forgotten, including her Mother and who she was. That comes home to roost in Book 2.
Speak of akane when is her birth and what was her mother name since the story you told us about she went out was really sad.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Reactions: Droid Productions

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
There was a debate earlier this week on whether the unnatural dirty feeling this achievement gives you ever truly goes away.

1634343560177.png

Some reported being able to purge it in a single red-eyed evening in front of the screen.
Others have reported it persisting for almost a year at this point.

You should carefully consider the risks before proceeding.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
When is Book 2 becoming a stand alone game on Steam? I've just completed book 1 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth waiting or not

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes