kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Book 2 is already a stand-alone game.
Yes and no. It has it's own store page but it's still coming soon. If I wish to play Book 2 I need to go via the Book 1 Launcher. From what I have seen mentioned, it will soon be split, allowing Book 2 achievements and what not.

1634411876322.png

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Oh, apologies, I thought it was live already. (I got a key to Book 2 for beta testing.)
That also links to bein on Steam. I use a different version, and that has already book 2 available (though it does not meanit is complete, of course)

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
When is Book 2 becoming a stand alone game on Steam? I've just completed book 1 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth waiting or not
Well, we've got some history and can make some rough guesstimates based on Droid's typical run times.

- Finish off Act IX (.5 month)
- - - There's a few days and the Royal Wedding left in IX
- Act IX+ (.5 month)
- Act X (1.5+ month)
- Act X+ (.5 month)
- Act XI (1.5+ month)
- Act XI+ and Achievements (1 month)
- He also wants to finish up the Strategic Combat System by the end of Book 2
- Factor in any Sickness, Family obligations, Writers Block, Vacations, New Minigames, etc.
- FULL RELEASE ON STEAM

Adding that up is 5-6 months. He might shave some off or go longer, but that should be fairly ballpark.

Also you mention Steam.
If you are playing it on Steam you can always enable the beta content and play all the content there is in Book 2 so far :)

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Na lads, I don't think you're getting me. I've played Book 2 and got to the most recent content on the beta branch. However Droid in a post on Patreon mentioned that the plan was to split the books into separate games, hence the two Steam pages and I was wondering if there's any point in waiting for that before continuing my playthrough, or just continue on the beta branch.

Reactions: Real Kreten

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Na lads, I don't think you're getting me. I've played Book 2 and got to the most recent content on the beta branch. However Droid in a post on Patreon mentioned that the plan was to split the books into separate games, hence the two Steam pages and I was wondering if there's any point in waiting for that before continuing my playthrough, or just continue on the beta branch.
The books are already separate games. If you play book 2 you're playing a game in development, and speaking only for myself it's been one excellent ride so far. Since you're on steam you can play the regular beta releases. Or you can hang out here and, usually, Droid drops an interim release mid-act. It's kind of how close to the development process do you wish to be? Remember you can play "beyond" any release.

I find that I'm happiest playing Droid's mid act releases. He's decided there's enough progress and development to justify that snapshot. In between I and my companions cruise elsewhere looking for trouble. Who could ask for more?

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When is Book 2 becoming a stand alone game on Steam? I've just completed book 1 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth waiting or not
The two first acts (Day 116-151) are already complete and self-contained. Beyond that you're into terra infirma territory.

Reactions: JMINATL

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Love the scenes where Bella being earnest with her feeling and the shyness behind it. It's kinda cutie love more scenes like that.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
The books are already separate games. If you play book 2 you're playing a game in development, and speaking only for myself it's been one excellent ride so far. Since you're on steam you can play the regular beta releases. Or you can hang out here and, usually, Droid drops an interim release mid-act. It's kind of how close to the development process do you wish to be? Remember you can play "beyond" any release.

I find that I'm happiest playing Droid's mid act releases. He's decided there's enough progress and development to justify that snapshot. In between I and my companions cruise elsewhere looking for trouble. Who could ask for more?
Lad, I know they're separate games, but right now they're being run off the same launcher. My original question was when will they not be, will it be when Book 2 is complete, or will Book 2 go down the "early access" route in which case it will happen sooner?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Lad, I know they're separate games, but right now they're being run off the same launcher. My original question was when will they not be, will it be when Book 2 is complete, or will Book 2 go down the "early access" route in which case it will happen sooner?
I was going to wait for it to be done, same as book 1. So likely Q1 or Q2 2022.

Reactions: kameohawk

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Hey for the wedding where is it going to be and how can the mc mom get there. And katie not going to do anything right like eject.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey for the wedding where is it going to be and how can the mc mom get there. And katie not going to do anything right like eject.
If you're on the beta, the stag party's just done, and the stag's getting captured for good tomorrow :) And Katie's definitely got plans for the wedding ;)

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
I
If you're on the beta, the stag party's just done, and the stag's getting captured for good tomorrow :) And Katie's definitely got plans for the wedding ;)
I can assume it's in wedding gift form right. Also when akane birthday and her mother name cuz it really sad how her story ended please.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I
I can assume it's in wedding gift form right. Also when akane birthday and her mother name cuz it really sad how her story ended please.
Her story's not ended by any means :) Birthday's Sept 28th, she's a Libra. Sadly at that point MC was waking up with a massive headache after Emily ran away from him at the glade, so no birthday celebration.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
social_media.png I'm participating in the Steam Digital Tabletop Fest this week, you can read more about it here:

Or check it out on Steam (you'll need to be logged in on an account that's allowed adult games).

Part of that is planning a ~2 hr livestream on 23rd Oct; I'll be planning a SFW stream, focused on the poker game, balancing issues, inspirations, plans and the Paths in general.

timezone.png

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes