kanuan69

Oct 30, 2020
Can anybody tell me how to overwrite or delete the book 1 end save? cus the bloody thing did not save the new playtrough and i dont know where the save data is in my pc.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can anybody tell me how to overwrite or delete the book 1 end save? cus the bloody thing did not save the new playtrough and i dont know where the save data is in my pc.
The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Every time I download book2 and try to extract it with 7zip I get errors and it won't. 7zip works on other games I downloaded today and book2 0-9-3. I have downloaded four times with the links on OP. What the hell am I doing wrong. I'm not a tech. guy so keep it to dummy's type of explanation.:ROFLMAO:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Every time I download book2 and try to extract it with 7zip I get errors and it won't. 7zip works on other games I downloaded today and book2 0-9-3. I have downloaded four times with the links on OP. What the hell am I doing wrong. I'm not a tech. guy so keep it to dummy's type of explanation.:ROFLMAO:
I just tried to download it; worked fine. Have you tried the Mega mirror?

Reactions: EJW

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I seem to be having triggering side events in book2 (not dev branch, I started a new game of book2 to try and clear achievements."

Jenny seems to always be "working.", and I'm very unsure on the triggers of events with the chosen/in the Camelot pub. Could anyone give me a hint as to what trigger events? Most seems to be linked to the "evening" timeframe, which makes it extremelly difficult to get many triggered in the amount of days we have not occupied by other mandatory events, especially when not knowing what the trigger conditions are.

Any hint welcome here :)

ChangoFeroz

Jan 26, 2020
I sometimes get that from some games that is why I have both 7zip and WinRaR. When one fails the other one usually works.

Reactions: EJW

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I seem to be having triggering side events in book2 (not dev branch, I started a new game of book2 to try and clear achievements."

Jenny seems to always be "working.", and I'm very unsure on the triggers of events with the chosen/in the Camelot pub. Could anyone give me a hint as to what trigger events? Most seems to be linked to the "evening" timeframe, which makes it extremelly difficult to get many triggered in the amount of days we have not occupied by other mandatory events, especially when not knowing what the trigger conditions are.

Any hint welcome here :)
The Wiki guys have done an awesome job here:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Just to make 100% sure, since the wiki doesn't explicitly says it's the last event, but with Jenny, once you've used the crop, that is it for her right?

Droid, I do have some suggestions for Jenny's quests, since without a walkthrough, I do not think anyone can complete it ''easily."

1- Make her Facial calls available both at night and late night. For one, it doesn't make sense she would reply at night, and be back working at late night, and two, the night slot can already have been consumed by quite a few other events, while the late night slot is cruelly underused.
2- For the last event, I spent DAYS going back to Edinburgh, trying to find her home, since she gave me her address. Maybe I missed something in the dialogue, but at no point, the idea that I had to facial her, from Edinburgh came to mind. I kept facialling her from Camelot, and naturally, I could not get the last event started. My suggestion for this, would be the remove the need to be in the old bedroom in Edinburgh, since there's no logical reason any player would still visit it, plus, being in Camelot or Edinburgh for Facial, should make no difference, especially since traveling takes no time either.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Just to make 100% sure, since the wiki doesn't explicitly says it's the last event, but with Jenny, once you've used the crop, that is it for her right?

Droid, I do have some suggestions for Jenny's quests, since without a walkthrough, I do not think anyone can complete it ''easily."

1- Make her Facial calls available both at night and late night. For one, it doesn't make sense she would reply at night, and be back working at late night, and two, the night slot can already have been consumed by quite a few other events, while the late night slot is cruelly underused.
2- For the last event, I spent DAYS going back to Edinburgh, trying to find her home, since she gave me her address. Maybe I missed something in the dialogue, but at no point, the idea that I had to facial her, from Edinburgh came to mind. I kept facialling her from Camelot, and naturally, I could not get the last event started. My suggestion for this, would be the remove the need to be in the old bedroom in Edinburgh, since there's no logical reason any player would still visit it, plus, being in Camelot or Edinburgh for Facial, should make no difference, especially since traveling takes no time either.
I always choose to call from The Crowley. I suspect Anton would look over the shoulder. True, Chloe may also look over the shoulder, but I'm ok with her doing that. :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh lol should have figured it was tongue in cheek. Honestly just love to see it - the screenshots of the city in the early game were just great to see.
Actually, all the places (barring the Crowley and the Starcucks) are real.

The Crowley is loosely modelled on ,
drinking_avoiding.png

is a real Nepalese restaurant, in Edinburgh's west end (where I took my wife for our first date)
wearing_ring.png

also a real place (though I place it closer to Grassmarket, when the real one is just off George St), which used to serve unpretentious and great italian food.
smile.png The game's full of similar references... I've been talking about doing a guided tour to LoM for a while.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The Wiki guys have done an awesome job here:
As I feared, because I started with the Onsen, I was unable to follow the wiki's path, very quickly, I end up being completely out of sync on the side events :(.

Would anyone happen to have a Book I save available, with the recommended building from the walkthrough, so I can finally clear all the achievements? Or would starting a new game on BOOK II allow me to customize things enough to get on the same track as the walk through?

At the moment I am missing quite a few things, thing is, they"re different for some between steam and the game...

I'm missing "pigs may fly" on steam, which is not possible I recon?
Kiss the bartender 7/8 - no clue how to make the 8th scene happen.
Blademaster: Train with Matthew 12/20 (I'm assuming another play or two would solve that.)
Card collector 8/25 (???)
Wolfstyle, 0/25...??? HOW would that be possible? I've used Bella a LOT in the last two games, is there some conditions for the counter to rise on steam?
Fire master (more than 1000 points of fire to enemy): if in one attack sure, I've never done THAT, over a single fight then, that's impossible I did not do that already.
Lightning Master, I've made fights last longer in purpose, and broke the 200 marks several times, but it never triggered the achivement.
Master your rage: 100+ rage, also unlikely never to happen, yet no achivement.
Shield master: I've had WAY more than 5K shield on myself, more than once, but it never triggered either.

Those are the Steam untriggered achievements.

As for the game's (from the option menu), here are the ones that have never triggered:

Kiss the bartender
Coffee connoisseur
Drinking problem
Zen master
Fitness freak
Blademaster
Card collector
Guard your heart
Light it on fire
Listen to the voices
Wolfstyle
Bring a book
The cute healer
Smol but fierce
Foxy business
The last of the first

So there seems to be some discrepancies between the ingame achievements and the steam achievements, and some simply not counting at all apparently.

If anyone knows what could be wrong, and how I could solve it?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As I feared, because I started with the Onsen, I was unable to follow the wiki's path, very quickly, I end up being completely out of sync on the side events :(.
The wiki "minimum path" is entirely arbitrary, and you can finish the game with all content through any configuration. You've got enough time... if that means you start with the Onsen, do the Onsen events (and other side content) first, while waiting for Akane to build the next room.

I tried to make a very accommodating world, where there wasn't a "must do" path through it (which of course leads people following the wiki to complain there are no new non-path, non-book events at the end). Had to please everyone :)

Reactions: EJW and Brother Lui
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes