UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, book 3 was ... unexpected.
Well done that it was as confusing to me as it was to the protagonist.
Looking forward to how that continues.
I was probably late on finishing book 2, played through what was there so often in beta I needed a break. I should hop onto discord again one of these days.

Reactions: Droid Productions

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
i can not recall the name, valerius or something!
but must of what i remember about those virtues comes from Cato the elder description of the roman virtuos man!
thus the dudes name as much been obfuscated from history by the late roman emperors since it shadowed the founders of the empire like Sulla or cesar into a bad light in comparison!

but then again as a stoic i am a bit biased!
Hmm, "the censor".
If that is the case, there may be other reasons.
Cato was strongly focused on maintaining and reinforcing the power of the noble oligarchy, being from a noble Sabine family that had acquired recently the Roman citizenship was not exactly "super partes" :), in some aspect it could be said he had the typical approach of someone of a "converted", and by his time the fights that saw the increase of the power of the lower people that then was used and helped bring to the empire had already started. Though still had a big cultural role.
The Romans did have a special thing, the "damnatio memoriae", but it was used only a couple of times in the whole history of Rome, improbable they would have used is so lightly (and if that was the case, you should not have found a reference even in the surviving work of Cato).
Effectively, Caius Iulius Caesar was nominated Dictator (which in ancient Rome was a special charge, did not have the same meaning it has for us) for life, but the first emperor was not him, the first emperor was Octavius, it is from that time that later was derived the use of "Caesar" as a reference to a title or role and not a name, since Octavius was adopted by Caesar in his will, thus acquiring the "Caesar" name (but in his case, really as name, due to the adoption).
Effectively, if Brutus and the others had not killed Caesar, it entirely possible, if not probable, that the empire would not have been born.
Thanks for answering though, it means I know in future I need to get some stuff from the Censor to satifsfy my curiosity !

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
You, me, and every other person playing this game that has a soul!

I have replayed too many times to bother counting, and I still get choked up.
Hmm, something tells me I had better wait the end of book 3 before I play the game again, since I have not played in a while (so, I never even saw Book 2 completed).

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Hmm, something tells me I had better wait the end of book 3 before I play the game again, since I have not played in a while (so, I never even saw Book 2 completed).
That is a matter of personal choice. Sure, not having an ending (yet) is a tad inconvenient, but not a deal breaker for me. Droid is working on it, and the story is worth the wait. )))

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
btw, any reason you can think of for a lot of the card backs not transferring into book 3?
You gained Card Backs in book 2 after starting book 3, likely.

To stop save overwrites, I use 3 different system saves for book 1, 2 and 3. Book 3 will copy book 2 the first time it starts, but it won't copy subsequent data.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Warscared

ultrusviderat

Oct 25, 2019
You gained Card Backs in book 2 after starting book 3, likely.

To stop save overwrites, I use 3 different system saves for book 1, 2 and 3. Book 3 will copy book 2 the first time it starts, but it won't copy subsequent data.
I don't think so...1 or 2 maybe, but definitely not the majority of them. Loading up the end of ACT XI save, I have all except
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and in book 3, these are the only ones I have
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
That is a matter of personal choice. Sure, not having an ending (yet) is a tad inconvenient, but not a deal breaker for me. Droid is working on it, and the story is worth the wait. )))
Oh, I'm not complainin about speed or missing ending, I supported and played already from when there was only Book 1, and not even finished. But since I understood some character may disappear at the end of Book 2, I prefer to wait so I don't finish my run playing on a sad note :). I am in part contradictory, I don't like the "forceful happy ending", but I can get attached even to characters in a movie or a game, and feel a bit sorry for them :).

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Oh, I'm not complainin about speed or missing ending, I supported and played already from when there was only Book 1, and not even finished. But since I understood some character may disappear at the end of Book 2, I prefer to wait so I don't finish my run playing on a sad note :). I am in part contradictory, I don't like the "forceful happy ending", but I can get attached even to characters in a movie or a game, and feel a bit sorry for them :).
Not to give too much away, but... The sad ending to B2 takes a happy turn in the early part of B3. Full resolution to the scenario that B3 creates, is a mystery... so far. But Droid promised a "happy ending"... Hmmm... They all move in together in a massage parlor in Kyoto, owned by granny demon fox????????? :unsure:

Reactions: BruceCM

BruceCM

Jan 5, 2020
Not to give too much away, but... The sad ending to B2 takes a happy turn in the early part of B3. Full resolution to the scenario that B3 creates, is a mystery... so far. But Droid promised a "happy ending"... Hmmm... They all move in together in a massage parlor in Kyoto, owned by granny demon fox????????? :unsure:
That doesn't sound so bad ..... Although I don't think that's quite the plan :devilish:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes