Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It was very enjoyable as usual indeed.
I am assuming that the next update, will be the last, and you'll then move on morningstar?
A little more complex than that :)

The next update will be Act XVI, and probably the epilogue as well. At that point the game is content complete, and I sell it on Steam.

After that I still intend to tinker with it; I'll be looking at the work involved in porting the Book 1 & 2 content to the Book 3 engine, and doing a New Game+ mode, where you can start the game by loading the End of Act XVI save (the final save) . It'll start the game with all your gems, extra stats and cash, and unlock some new events (the Musician hints at this before disappearing in Book 3).

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
A little more complex than that :)

The next update will be Act XVI, and probably the epilogue as well. At that point the game is content complete, and I sell it on Steam.

After that I still intend to tinker with it; I'll be looking at the work involved in porting the Book 1 & 2 content to the Book 3 engine, and doing a New Game+ mode, where you can start the game by loading the End of Act XVI save (the final save) . It'll start the game with all your gems, extra stats and cash, and unlock some new events (the Musician hints at this before disappearing in Book 3).
Oh right, that sounds... rather nice.
Although, a game+? Does this means the monsters will scale up as well?

How much extra content would we be looking at? And are you willing to expand a bit on the type of content as well (as in story only, lewd only, both?)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh right, that sounds... rather nice.
Although, a game+? Does this means the monsters will scale up as well?

How much extra content would we be looking at? And are you willing to expand a bit on the type of content as well (as in story only, lewd only, both?)
Yeah, it would involve monsters scaling as well, in addition to epic monsters that are only accessible from NG+ (similar to the two book 3 ones). Additional content would be a mix of adult and story based; mostly relatively small events where characters from Book 3 pop in to say hi in the earlier stages of the game :)

Aug 5, 2017
I'm catching up on bookIII, and I've got one question, we are meant to loose against the big doggy right?
There's no scenario in which we can win?
As mentioned before he's a beatable, he (and the two that follow) are prestige achievements meant for players that have been really enjoying the in-game combat. But you can also just be really angry at him, I think the rage check to auto-win is under 200 which you'll be sitting at for a big chunk of the game if you're not deliberately trying to reduce it.

Tips for beating him in combat: You'll need any kind of damage that keeps growing as the fight goes on, like fire with the firestorm gem. Also, the rage-to-shield gem bella gives you in book1 takes away most of his bite since it clears enemy rage as well as your own.

Unfortunately, you'll have to load an earlier save from before you fought him. It becomes available from Day 220, I think, so Load from Day there would be a safe bet.

I...don't know if there's a flag you can enable (or disable) in the debug menu to reopen the quest line once you lost but there likely is. You'll have to ask Droid or someone else for it if you want to know. I haven't tried it.
There's not really, because all the unique events in the game have one-shot dialogues for game engine reasons. So if you set his flag to make him re-appear you'd likely get softlocked when you talk to him because there's no conversation with him you haven't seen yet and the game would get confused. So unfortunately, you'll need to load from before you fought him.

That did not work either :(
Chances are my saves are all bugged though, the save was from a chap3 version quite a few months back, no telling which flags are missing from it :D
He doesn't just appear, he's unlocked after talking to Zenia about the scouts finding enormous footprints.

Edit: And your sig is making my eye twitch, lol. neither/nor.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
As mentioned before he's a beatable, he (and the two that follow) are prestige achievements meant for players that have been really enjoying the in-game combat. But you can also just be really angry at him, I think the rage check to auto-win is under 200 which you'll be sitting at for a big chunk of the game if you're not deliberately trying to reduce it.

Tips for beating him in combat: You'll need any kind of damage that keeps growing as the fight goes on, like fire with the firestorm gem. Also, the rage-to-shield gem bella gives you in book1 takes away most of his bite since it clears enemy rage as well as your own.

Edit: And your sig is making my eye twitch, lol. neither/nor.
The third one is available? The game seems to remain in the alternate reality despite going back in the video for me. And he clearly stated that the third one would be available once I went back, so I did not look for him.
I've beat the other two without any issues since I knew there was no reason to throw the fights off :D

Thank you for the signature, it's been corrected. I do apologise for that, I am French after all, and the occasional mistake does creep in from time to time.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I just got the last update off steam.

It seems you can leave the bedroom, and then, you're unable to get back to it.
Sleeping at the inn launches the tower event however.

After that, there seems to be no other event available.
I do still seem to be in the alternate reality however. Katie's not in her castle but at the gym, Akane got the dresss, and the restaurant is available as well on the map.

Not sure if that's normal or not, so reporting it just in case :)

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
I just got the last update off steam.

It seems you can leave the bedroom, and then, you're unable to get back to it.
Sleeping at the inn launches the tower event however.

Not sure if that's normal or not, so reporting it just in case :)
You might want to reload your end of Act XV save. You shouldn't be able to roam around yet until the end of the Tower sequence. Cleaning up the exclusive R2 stuff has just started, so you could still trigger them. To not risk breaking your save once Droid finishes cleaning that up, make a save after the Tower sequence.

There's not really, because all the unique events in the game have one-shot dialogues for game engine reasons. So if you set his flag to make him re-appear you'd likely get softlocked when you talk to him because there's no conversation with him you haven't seen yet and the game would get confused. So unfortunately, you'll need to load from before you fought him.
Likely.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
You might want to reload your end of Act XV save. You shouldn't be able to roam around yet until the end of the Tower sequence. Cleaning up the exclusive R2 stuff has just started, so you could still trigger them. To not risk breaking your save once Droid finishes cleaning that up, make a save after the Tower sequence.
That save, is exactly what I loaded. It's the save right after "the return". Hence why I'm a bit confused as to how this happened.

I just, somehow, always manage to break things...

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
That save, is exactly what I loaded. It's the save right after "the return". Hence why I'm a bit confused as to how this happened.

I just, somehow, always manage to break things...
Eh, I'm sure it's far better that these things get reported now rather than when it's fully released where a magnitude or more people can have the same issues. Though, you might want to send Droid your save and/or player.log to see what went wrong. I can't reproduce it no matter how many times I tried to reload my save. But basically, the sequence should be:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Eh, I'm sure it's far better that these things get reported now rather than when it's fully released where a magnitude or more people can have the same issues. Though, you might want to send Droid your save and/or player.log to see what went wrong. I can't reproduce it no matter how many times I tried to reload my save. But basically, the sequence should be:

Yeah, still early days, and Act XVI is going to need a *lot* of testing and tweaking for spoiler reasons. It's why I do the betas with the Discord gang primarily, since that lets them give me realtime feedback :D

Reactions: LeonzeT2

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

Yeah, still early days, and Act XVI is going to need a *lot* of testing and tweaking for spoiler reasons. It's why I do the betas with the Discord gang primarily, since that lets them give me realtime feedback :D

If that is so, then it behaves fine, aside from the fact I can leave the bedroom.
Sleeping in the inn, does not break it, aside from the immersion/continuity, as the event in spoilers happens regardless.
I was just surprised I was able to get out of the bedroom when Emily woke me up. But then, it is fine, since the game progresses as it should.

I was just wondering if there was anything else after the tower, but if there isn't, then all is fine :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If that is so, then it behaves fine, aside from the fact I can leave the bedroom.
Sleeping in the inn, does not break it, aside from the immersion/continuity, as the event in spoilers happens regardless.
I was just surprised I was able to get out of the bedroom when Emily woke me up. But then, it is fine, since the game progresses as it should.

I was just wondering if there was anything else after the tower, but if there isn't, then all is fine :)
No, this one just ends at day 267 :) It's not meant for public consumption, just for beta-testing. I'll get invaluable feedback from the testers over the next month or two as I clean out all the R2 remnants, build out the new events, and tweak the battles.

I'll say, that's been the most amazing part of making adult games, switching from a "hold the game tight until it's ready" to one where I'm in continuous dialog with the players. It's super fun :)

Reactions: BayJay47

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
No, this one just ends at day 267 :) It's not meant for public consumption, just for beta-testing. I'll get invaluable feedback from the testers over the next month or two as I clean out all the R2 remnants, build out the new events, and tweak the battles.

I'll say, that's been the most amazing part of making adult games, switching from a "hold the game tight until it's ready" to one where I'm in continuous dialog with the players. It's super fun :)
Well, the things to think about removing (or forcing an event to re-acquire them, which would make more sense in my opinion, and save you a lot of work as well I recon):

-The dress, clothes, shoes.
-The restaurant.
-Katie and Dylan's locations.
-Waypoints on the hunting map. I've got a meeting point that appeared on that during the game, no idea what it is for.
-Ability to sleep in MY BED AGAIN!!! :)
-World events - I still see the ones from the alternate reality.
-A PRIORITY to me, would be to contact JENNY in the current reality, and you know... "catch up" on what the other one did, that man had a PLAN! :D
-More Foxies with MORE TAILS, including tail petting. Have those around, and not being able to pet them, is simply a crime.
-The ropes and all that goes with it, yes, including Jenny of course!
-Another Thor beat up, just... because.

Event suggestions:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes