d_generate

Apr 23, 2020
I played through most of Book 1 a while ago. Can someone tell me if the graphics or animtaions get better for the later books? I wnat to know if I should pick ths game up again.

SaFjoeri

Jul 1, 2023
I think this was a bug that's fixed in the latest beta-build, where it was possible to skip the end of Day 1 by going back into the back alley, which is also where the bathroom opens up (and you get access to Chloe's first sex scene). Without that you miss quite a few parts (3 events with Chloe, 1 with Snowdrop). I'll PM'ed you the latest beta, which has a cheat for unlocking all rooms.
Apperently this is still not fixed, since I am on day 76 and still don't have the bathroom option. I would greatly appriciate a way for me to fix this, since I dont really feel like starting over from day 1. Maybe that cheat for unlocking all rooms? For the first Chloe scene I don't mind replaying just day one, and hopefully the rest of her events still trigger. Thanks in advance

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Apperently this is still not fixed, since I am on day 76 and still don't have the bathroom option. I would greatly appriciate a way for me to fix this, since I dont really feel like starting over from day 1. Maybe that cheat for unlocking all rooms? For the first Chloe scene I don't mind replaying just day one, and hopefully the rest of her events still trigger. Thanks in advance
Beta build on steam, sorry; I haven't updated the F95 mirrors until I know I've squashed any remaining bugs.

For unlocking just the bathroom, use the cheat to trigger.

UnlockLocation=Bath

SaFjoeri

Jul 1, 2023
Beta build on steam, sorry; I haven't updated the F95 mirrors until I know I've squashed any remaining bugs.

For unlocking just the bathroom, use the cheat to trigger.

UnlockLocation=Bath
Final question, how do apply this cheat, since I have no clue about Unity engine. Only know that of Renpy :cry:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Final question, how do apply this cheat, since I have no clue about Unity engine. Only know that of Renpy :cry:
Ctrl+J to enable the debug console (shows up as a small bug icon on the top right quicknav bar, next to quests and advance time)
1710804562557.png

Click on it to open, go to the tab called "Cheats"
1710804589129.png
Add the UnlockLocation=Bath command and press enter.

tallgoat

Aug 11, 2018
I've been encountering a bug where there seems to be a dark filter over some scenes, the art is still visible abut it's like the brightness was turned way down. Doesn't affect UI elements, seems to occur randomly, haven't noticed any pattern in which scenes are affected.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've been encountering a bug where there seems to be a dark filter over some scenes, the art is still visible abut it's like the brightness was turned way down. Doesn't affect UI elements, seems to occur randomly, haven't noticed any pattern in which scenes are affected.
It's caused by the Streamer mode being activated.
This was a thing in Book 1; I saw any real uptake on it, and didn't add any triggers in Book 2/3.

Turns out some people had streamer mode enabled in book 1, never noticed anything in book 2/3 and now back in book 1 the UI for turning it on/off is gone :)

It's fixed (permanently disabled) on the beta branch, just making sure there's nothing else is broken before generating the mirrors.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Book 1 (v1.6.5f). Act I-VI and New Game+
Win64: - - -
Win32: - - -
OSX: - - -
Linux: - - -

Minor hotfix only (the big ones are removing the opportunity to break the tutorial funnel, and removing legacy streamer mode).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 13, 2018
hey droid, i don't know if any of this is intentional or a fuck up because I increase my stats (str, int, & cha) every playthrough.....nothing too drastic, mind you, but like right now i'm doing +10 every day (I just leave any other points i get normally through lvl up or reading, etc, alone)...anyway, couple of things i've noticed-

1- randomly when traveling the paths killing critters, my HP will drop from say 7500 to like 6310 for a couple battles, then again to like 5300, but if i try to heal or recover, like it was damage, it acts like my HP was ALWAYS the lower number! BUT if i choose to "rest", i'm back up to that 7500!! that stumped me, so I wasn't sure if you intentionally made it so you would gradually "get tired" on the paths.....

2- (and this is the big one) i'm doing a playthrough of Book 1 (NOT NG+ just regular) and randomly, character sprites or images, aren't showing up while that character is talking. like i have the game open in another window, i'm at the gym, Katie's talking, but there's NO Katie! I also remember this same thing happening last night when you meet Emily and Eric at the school, but there, they both talked and Emily showed up fine, but Eric was an invisible talking twat!

3- for some strange reason, ALL saves, whether NG+ or regular, have NG+ written over the image.

anyway, great games, i'm having a blast playing through all of them again!......and again.....and aga-......

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hey droid, i don't know if any of this is intentional or a fuck up because I increase my stats (str, int, & cha) every playthrough.....nothing too drastic, mind you, but like right now i'm doing +10 every day (I just leave any other points i get normally through lvl up or reading, etc, alone)...anyway, couple of things i've noticed-

1- randomly when traveling the paths killing critters, my HP will drop from say 7500 to like 6310 for a couple battles, then again to like 5300, but if i try to heal or recover, like it was damage, it acts like my HP was ALWAYS the lower number! BUT if i choose to "rest", i'm back up to that 7500!! that stumped me, so I wasn't sure if you intentionally made it so you would gradually "get tired" on the paths.....

2- (and this is the big one) i'm doing a playthrough of Book 1 (NOT NG+ just regular) and randomly, character sprites or images, aren't showing up while that character is talking. like i have the game open in another window, i'm at the gym, Katie's talking, but there's NO Katie! I also remember this same thing happening last night when you meet Emily and Eric at the school, but there, they both talked and Emily showed up fine, but Eric was an invisible talking twat!

3- for some strange reason, ALL saves, whether NG+ or regular, have NG+ written over the image.

anyway, great games, i'm having a blast playing through all of them again!......and again.....and aga-......
So both normal and NG+ saves are now using the NG+ engine. I added the tag to say if it's an old (Book 1) save or a new (NG+ save). I guess that could get confusing.

When it comes to killing things and losing HP, check your Gem loadout. Defeating Hel gave you a specific gem (Void Blast) which does permanent, non-healing damage to both you and the enemy. Sounds like you're getting that.

Apart from that, the missing sprites sound like a bug; the way of setting up character sprites changed between book 1 and book 3, and there's possibly ways that could be messing up in some cases. I'll continue to look into that before I slap Book 1 NG+ on the ass and move on.

Fapover96

Jul 24, 2018
Downloaded Book 1 Win64 but getting an error at the main menu page, I assume. No sound, can't close the box either. Am I doing things wrong?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Downloaded Book 1 Win64 but getting an error at the main menu page, I assume. No sound, can't close the box either. Am I doing things wrong?
At a guess you unzipped it wrongly (or windows decided it hated you), and the folder structure got messed up.
Try doing a clean unzip to somewhere simple like c:\tmp to remove that from the possible problems that could be causing it, and if that fails, get me the player.log file, and I'll have a look.

Save files (and log files) are here:

%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
SteamDeck: /home/deck/.config/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Reactions: Real Kreten
Jun 13, 2018
When it comes to killing things and losing HP, check your Gem loadout. Defeating Hel gave you a specific gem (Void Blast) which does permanent, non-healing damage to both you and the enemy. Sounds like you're getting that.
well shit!!!! now that i think about it, Void Blast WAS on my NG+ loadout AND i used it a couple of times!!! ok, intentional, cool, good to know! .....won't be using THAT gem again!.....i LIKE hurting my enemies, NOT hurting myself (if i can help it!)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Apart from that, the missing sprites sound like a bug; the way of setting up character sprites changed between book 1 and book 3, and there's possibly ways that could be messing up in some cases. I'll continue to look into that before I slap Book 1 NG+ on the ass and move on.
I noticed this as well but forgot to mention it. An easy and early place to see it is Day 1 fight with the Minotaur Lord. When playing a first time through game the Minotaur doesn't appear when he should. When playing an NG+ game he appears during the dialogue fine. Also, unless it's been changed in .5f, the card backs have reverted back to the old "bike" style cardback instead of the nice new fancy design of Book 3.

Fapover96

Jul 24, 2018
At a guess you unzipped it wrongly (or windows decided it hated you), and the folder structure got messed up.
Try doing a clean unzip to somewhere simple like c:\tmp to remove that from the possible problems that could be causing it, and if that fails, get me the player.log file, and I'll have a look.

Save files (and log files) are here:

%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
SteamDeck: /home/deck/.config/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Yeah that did the trick. Even copying the old game folder to C:\temp worked. Maybe I extracted into a folder where file paths became too long or something similar.

Thanks, mate.

Reactions: Droid Productions
Jun 13, 2018
ok, ANOTHER case of "the missing sprite"- 'Daemon' enemy is now 'invisible' (some new EVIL status on their kind I guess......similar to Cambions story-wise......fuck! i thought WE as humanity were supposed to be improving, NOT our enemies too!)

Jun 13, 2018
ok, ANOTHER case of "the missing sprite"- 'Daemon' enemy is now 'invisible' (some new EVIL status on their kind I guess......similar to Cambions story-wise......fuck! i thought WE as humanity were supposed to be improving, NOT our enemies too!)
that was MEANT to be a joke, Droid isn't INTENTIONALLY making this game harder....just ACCIDENTALLY making it harder..... think....

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes