Love of Magic [DROID]- Development Thread [Build Available]

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, I was working on some photos for Act III, where you start upgrading the Crowley. As you upgrade the pub, better customers show up... including this wood-pixie. Who may be a little bit of a lightweight.
4k_2.png 4k_1.png 4k_3.png

Anyway, I posted those on discord and got inspired. So... TGIF, and drink responsibly! pixie_wp1.png
pixie_wp2.png

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
So, I was working on some photos for Act III, where you start upgrading the Crowley. As you upgrade the pub, better customers show up... including this wood-pixie. Who may be a little bit of a lightweight.
View attachment 519710 View attachment 519712 View attachment 519713

Anyway, I posted those on discord and got inspired. So... TGIF, and drink responsibly! View attachment 519715
View attachment 519716
well, when you consider the proportional size of the drinks... no wonder she's a nekkid drunk! :p
...but doesn't the alcohol sting in intimate places??? :unsure: I guess she is "feeling no pain" ha ha ha! :ROFLMAO:

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
So. I finished animating Bella, and added her in. To get the size right I placed her next to Katie to make sure they were the same height.

View attachment 513940

Well. Goddamnit. Katie was the first girl I completed (Chloe preceded her, but got redone later). You can kinda see the evolution in me a Daz artist in the last 6 months.

Now, part of me just wants to close my eyes and forget it. But...
View attachment 513941

Leftmost is Katie as she is in-game today. I then did 3 quick render-passes looking for a better lighting model. Rightmost is Bella, which started this problem.

So if I DO decide to fix this.. (let's stop kidding myself, I can't unsee this). How much work is it? Well, I just recorded myself doing an Animation for Bella, so.. about 5 mins per pose. And another 5-10 mins to pose/render the image. So it'll be a focused hour's worth of work. Probably worth it to avoid Katie staring accusatorily at me each time I see her on screen.

Ahhh the perfectionist is revealed and knows enough to laugh at himself and admit it!
aaaaaand yeah it will likely take you a little longer than that... but in the end you will be glad you did it. :cool: (y)
Katie will too... :p :love:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Before
View attachment 514159

After
View attachment 514160

Honestly, seeing it 'in context' it's not as big a deal. I think it pops a little better, and feels a little more alive. Though she looks awfully sunny for Scotland. It's a valuable reminder that art is meaningless without context.
Think of it as the ray of a sun break piercing the overcast to spotlight a being of exceptional magical focus...

Snowwulfe

Oct 14, 2017
so I am stuck on the Android port where I am supposed to meet Emily after her finding out about the lady of the lake incident and I am unable to go further does anyone else have this problem?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
so I am stuck on the Android port where I am supposed to meet Emily after her finding out about the lady of the lake incident and I am unable to go further does anyone else have this problem?
Weird. Can you get me the save game, I'll have a look? Internal storage/android /data/com. Droidproductions. Love of magic /files.

(sorry, this is a bit of a pain on android)

Reactions: Snowwulfe

Snowwulfe

Oct 14, 2017
I even tried to pull up the debugger in case there was a way to forward through where I was stuck. All it does is it says you have to meet her at school takes you to school the you tap her it says later. and that's it xD

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
any progress?
Well, yes and no. It triggers immediately here, when I load your savegame.

I'm going to try to do a build for you now, just to see if there's anything new I need to fix. It's obviously in mid act III production, so if you go past the end of Act II, expect bugs :)

Reactions: Snowwulfe

Snowwulfe

Oct 14, 2017
Well, yes and no. It triggers immediately here, when I load your savegame.

I'm going to try to do a build for you now, just to see if there's anything new I need to fix. It's obviously in mid act III production, so if you go past the end of Act II, expect bugs :)
I appreciate it :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Here we are, 0.2.15:

Changelog
- Spelling mistakes and typos reported
- Bella could be added to the group even if it's full if added last
- Cleaned out how the Main menu is set up, and made it systemic instead of code
- Ceremonial Magic V class, Ceremonial Homework V homework, Night after homework scene implemented
- Patch notes pathched to reflect that Katie now aids in Olivia's ceremonial magic session
- Escape now opens / closes settings UI. Also closes other popups that can be closed simply
- Percentage damage resist from [Bella] could heal you above your max hp if you have shield

Nothing in there *should* change that scene, but I'm curious if it works.

Last edited:

Snowwulfe

Oct 14, 2017
Here we are, 0.2.15:

Changelog
- Ceremonial Magic V class, Ceremonial Homework V homework, Night after homework scene implemented
- Patch notes pathched to reflect that Katie now aids in Olivia's ceremonial magic session
- Escape now opens / closes settings UI. Also closes other popups that can be closed simply
- Percentage damage resist from [Bella] could heal you above your max hp if you have shield

thank you for the help you have gained a patreon member :)

Snowwulfe

Oct 14, 2017
Here we are, 0.2.15:

Changelog

so good news we got past that part that was looped but now once you get to the dungeon same issue happens T.T

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
ah; that one's caused by this being a mid-development build, where i've Just added additional dialogs, without fully guarding all the triggers. There's a conversation there, it's just not got any text. Notice how there's two empty lines above "later"? That's actually the game thinking Emily has a conversation she doesn't. Just click on the invisible line.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I started a new game after the update to do another playthrough.
I am on day 19 and have not been able to attend ONE class at all, there is no prompt, no option, when I go to the university there is only an exit waiting for me to go to the world map.
On the many days off I have, I keep trying to go to the basement into the portal, but I am stopped continuously with the MC saying we need to attend more classes first....great so how DO we then?