Love of Magic [DROID]- Development Thread [Build Available]

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When's the first version of Book 2 slated to be out? ;)
Beta branch on Steam already has the first 4 days... I'm multitasking between advancing the story, building systems (like the map) and building sandbox features for Camelot (so it won't feel so empty). That, and working on the big cutscene for the act. Today's build will advance the game to day 6 (day 121 from the start).

Last edited:

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Beta branch on Steam already has the first 4 days... I'm multitasking between advancing the story, building systems (like the map) and building sandbox features for Camelot (so it won't feel so empty). That, and working on the big cutscene for the act. Today's build will advance the game to day 6 (day 121 from the start).
Cool.

One thing I'd really like, even in the original game, are replayable scenes. I know there's memories but it'd be nice if some (IE the match with katie) were replayable after you finish them. Or maybe with minorly altered dialog to acknowledge that it isn't the first time it's happening.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Cool.

One thing I'd really like, even in the original game, are replayable scenes. I know there's memories but it'd be nice if some (IE the match with katie) were replayable after you finish them. Or maybe with minorly altered dialog to acknowledge that it isn't the first time it's happening.
There will be a replayable scene with Emily if you're going to sleep on a normal night. In general I feel that a scene needs to contextualized as replayable for that to make sense; going back and replaying it with everyone pretending it's the first time it happens cheapens the impact.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
There will be a replayable scene with Emily if you're going to sleep on a normal night. In general I feel that a scene needs to contextualized as replayable for that to make sense; going back and replaying it with everyone pretending it's the first time it happens cheapens the impact.
Hence the idea of minorly altered dialog to acknowledge that it's not the first time. ;)

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Come on, Droid, we all know that married sex isn't realistic... phfffttt... :rolleyes:

Reactions: JMINATL

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Is Love of Magic book 2 on f95 ? I can't seem to find it

It isn't, yet. But you can expect builds on F95 closer to when Act VII is nearing completion. Timeframe wise, I would guess maybe...mid next month or so based on current develeopment progress rate. However other factors and Droid's real life can and do impact development (Is real life allowed? Are we putting up with that now??)

Anyway, if you are getting some trembles and you need an LOM fix, you don't have to wait. To play the alpha (it is still called beta but this is arguably a lie) if you have purchased the game on Steam (or itch.io or are a Patreon supporter, Droid has been happy to provide supporters with Steam keys so they can play with the 'beta' if they so desire, just poke him in Discord) you can access it there (details in the link above)

The beta (Alpha!) allows you to play the current Act VII in-development content. It currently runs maybe halfway through the act and you can preview a lot of the new systems.

kerlorn

Aug 28, 2019
As I wrote a long time ago, I'm really curious to see more of Kitsune.
I saw that in the last update, which gives me some hope... ;):cool:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As I wrote a long time ago, I'm really curious to see more of Kitsune.
I saw that in the last update, which gives me some hope... ;):cool:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just finished up a (non-sexual) Foxy scenes, with more tails than a man can count.

I'm doing an optional sexy scene with the foxes once I'm done with this update; it was supposed to end easily, but Akane has different ideas.

Reactions: kerlorn

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
I just started a re-run from Book One, having belatedly noticed that Book Two was complete. I'm finding Book One to be distinctly on the crashy side, especially so given that it was pretty much rock solid when last I finished playing it.

I appreciate this probably isn't a priority, but I thought you might want to know.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just started a re-run from Book One, having belatedly noticed that Book Two was complete. I'm finding Book One to be distinctly on the crashy side, especially so given that it was pretty much rock solid when last I finished playing it.

I appreciate this probably isn't a priority, but I thought you might want to know.
That's a new one. What platform are you playing on? If it's Android... likely it's not "crashing", it's "fucking android OS likes to terminate apps if it runs out of memory".

On Desktop it *should* be rock solid.