Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Though MC won't ever get to sell it, so it's a bit like owning a derelict castle in Northern Scotland. :)
Or alternatively, a tropical beachfront property in Northern Scotland.

I'm enjoying the worldbuilding here. Love how the various types of mages differ and the sources of their powers:
Evokers and the implication that evoker bloodlines tend to be pets of specific Powers that give them a boost every few generations, Sorcerers and their reality warping shit, ceremonial mages and their camwhoring ways. I even love the combat system. It's very novel.

I've encountered the combat system bug though. Sometimes the cards in your hand doesn't update properly.
Also, you can talk to Chloe and activate the Elsewhere portal ahead of Katie's introductory lesson.
My 2nd playthrough I'd already been there a couple of times by the time Katie got around to it.
Aside from that, Emily's sword and Bella's claws are apparently for show only, making no impact to combat at all.
I'm also wondering idly what everybody else wears when they go to Elsewhere. Emily, yourself, Dylan and Katie have been rendered in supposedly expensive armor. I wonder what those who aren't militia or don't have access to Schwartalf wear?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Or alternatively, a tropical beachfront property in Northern Scotland.
Now that'd be priceless. Sadly he ain't sharing.

I'm enjoying the worldbuilding here. Love how the various types of mages differ and the sources of their powers:
Evokers and the implication that evoker bloodlines tend to be pets of specific Powers that give them a boost every few generations, Sorcerers and their reality warping shit, ceremonial mages and their camwhoring ways. I even love the combat system. It's very novel.
Thx!

I've encountered the combat system bug though. Sometimes the cards in your hand doesn't update properly.
Also, you can talk to Chloe and activate the Elsewhere portal ahead of Katie's introductory lesson.
My 2nd playthrough I'd already been there a couple of times by the time Katie got around to it.
Aside from that, Emily's sword and Bella's claws are apparently for show only, making no impact to combat at all.
I'm also wondering idly what everybody else wears when they go to Elsewhere. Emily, yourself, Dylan and Katie have been rendered in supposedly expensive armor. I wonder what those who aren't militia or don't have access to Schwartalf wear?
Bugs; fixing as fast as I can. 0.3.13 has gotten a lot of them. I'll likely do a mini-release before I start the actual story, since I think the various bug-fixes, the addition of the visual effects, and the in-game help is likely worth getting out to players, even if there's no new story.

As for what does everyone else wear? Akane has her own gear, Kitsune disdains human armor (and frankly, a Defiler that sees her coming is going to be running as hard as it can the other way). Bella, of course, has her own militia armor. Neither Molly nor Chloe would understand *why* armor is a thing. It's smelly, uncomfortable, etc. Chloe's spent close to a century traipsing around elsewhere in her normal street-wear.

gear.png
(Bella in Govt issue Werewolf Hunter gear. Militia armor, Mk IV XL combat knife, and variable munition repeating crossbow. The 600lbs draw weight, and the fact that it kicks like nuclear mule, makes it unsuited for humans).

gear2.png

gear3.png
gear5.png

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
i dont have much time these days and this seems a great game, are there many h-scenes or should i wait? i feel like im going to get "yelled at" for asking this but i rly wanted to know :LOL:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i dont have much time these days and this seems a great game, are there many h-scenes or should i wait? i feel like im going to get "yelled at" for asking this but i rly wanted to know :LOL:
Hopefully not yelled at :) I guess that depends a little on how you define H-scenes; it's not really a pure fap game. Currently
- Chloe has 2
- Katie has 3 (one of them with Bella)
- Olivia has ... well 1/2 of one, I guess? Depends if you're into tentacles or not
- Jenny has one
- Molly has 3
- Sarah has 1
- Emily has 6-9, depending on what counts as a H-scene.

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
Hopefully not yelled at :) I guess that depends a little on how you define H-scenes; it's not really a pure fap game. Currently
- Chloe has 2
- Katie has 3 (one of them with Bella)
- Olivia has ... well 1/2 of one, I guess? Depends if you're into tentacles or not
- Jenny has one
- Molly has 3
- Sarah has 1
- Emily has 6-9, depending on what counts as a H-scene.
Oh okay that's plenty, thank you so much!! <3

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
I love this game but man....I downloaded it really excited to play act 3 and like last act, I start unable to click on anything or progress. I can also load old saves before the date with the Pendragon girl and it just gets to the end of the conversation, and clicking "let's eat" does nothing. If I try to force it to the next day everything becomes unclickable. I'm stumped. It really sucks, I love this game, but it's not working for me right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my save if you can check it out

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I love this game but man....I downloaded it really excited to play act 3 and like last act, I start unable to click on anything or progress. I can also load old saves before the date with the Pendragon girl and it just gets to the end of the conversation, and clicking "let's eat" does nothing. If I try to force it to the next day everything becomes unclickable. I'm stumped. It really sucks, I love this game, but it's not working for me right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my save if you can check it out
That's really curious. It's missing a flag _ACT3_BEGINNING, which was supposed to be set in the preceding conversation.

You can use the savegame I've attached (it starts next day), or you can do what I did, open up debug menu (ctrl+j), and add the flag manually (remember to press enter to add the flag). I'll double-check that this is fixed before I do a build today.

Thanks for the report, and glad you enjoy the game.

1583471938759.png

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
I reloaded a save to the beginning of the day of the date and repeated the day. Cleared up the unclickable situation for me. Having read the above post from Droid, I guess it set the flag.

Reactions: DA22 and Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
About Poker Strategy in LoM:

When you manage to fill all four edges of the table with the last move (or with 2 moves), you will have a lot of extra pairs or whatever. If the opponent can do that, you will have to endure a lot of extra damage!

So how to prevent this?
Key is midgame. Aim to leave one of your moves with 3-3 ( 3 in rows, 3 in columns). If needed, discard, do not leave with a 4!. Before that, look out that there are either no diagonals placed on the table (rare), or both diagonals (common and easier)

In the first case, the opponent will make it to 4-4 (first diag.), while you get the desirable 5-5 (with second diag.) in the last move.
In the second case, opponent will do 4-3 (r or c does not matter here). Your move is 5-3 (first 2 edges full). His is 5-4. In the end you have the desired 5-5 (other 2 edges full).

This is only a rough guideline. If your hand and the table fit together at one point, use your chance of course.

- Jokers from Chloe and Molly are a great help to fill the edges with lots of pairs and higher stuff.
- Look what possibilities the opponent has with his hand. Preempt him.

Last edited:

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
That's really curious. It's missing a flag _ACT3_BEGINNING, which was supposed to be set in the preceding conversation.

You can use the savegame I've attached (it starts next day), or you can do what I did, open up debug menu (ctrl+j), and add the flag manually (remember to press enter to add the flag). I'll double-check that this is fixed before I do a build today.

Thanks for the report, and glad you enjoy the game.

View attachment 578136
Thank you so much for the help and the quick response! I really appreciate that. I love your game and can't wait to continue. Thanks again!

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
So how to prevent this?
Key is midgame. Aim to leave one of your moves with 3-3 ( 3 in rows, 3 in columns). If needed, discard, do not leave with a 4!. Before that, look out that there are either no diagonals placed on the table (rare), or both diagonals (common and easier)
You can also trigger the effect ahead of time. The damage happens because complete hands form along edges, top and bottom as the game progresses. If edges, or top and bottom, are completed early the damage triggers then. Even if it isn't you who completed them, it staggers the damage you receive. Or you can just make sure no hands form while you play but where's the fun in that?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
will there be mind control?

i dont know what that fascine is supposed to accomplish except cutting yourself with it.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
You can also trigger the effect ahead of time. The damage happens because complete hands form along edges, top and bottom as the game progresses. If edges, or top and bottom, are completed early the damage triggers then.
Yes, this is what I wanted to tell. Sorry if it did not come across. (Or did you stop reading after the sixth line?)
With edges, I meant the border 5 cards in a row or column.
"5-3" means "first 2 edges full"
Even if it isn't you who completed them, it staggers the damage you receive.
Yes o.c. just as I said.
Or you can just make sure no hands form while you play but where's the fun in that?
? ? ? (Do you mean stunning with lightnings? That is a strategy, but mostly not an easy one).

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I've had a couple of games happen where no additional damage was dealt when the board was completed. No hands had formed along the edges. Impossible if Jokers come into play though.

If you're gonna use Molly's ability, I'd recommend the last few hands before board shuffle. A pair of Jokers completing that last diagonal is sweet.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I've had a couple of games happen where no additional damage was dealt when the board was completed. No hands had formed along the edges.
I always look out to form at least pairs in the edges during the battle, which is regularly successful, even without Molly.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
will there be mind control?
Not in the sense of "MC uses his magical powers to make someone have sex with him against their will", no. There will be people getting mind-broken and controlled, but MC largely won't enjoy it when that happens.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes