4.10 star(s) 77 Votes

badass

Jul 24, 2017

Fist of all, I'm sorry to all the Farmer's Dreams fans. This is the hardest decision I've made in the 5 years of developing games on Patreon, but the Farmer's Dreams development is now officially on hold. I still want and definitely will finish it at some point, but right now I need some time away from it and the pressure I feel to finish it.
I don't want to be one of those devs who doesn't finish their games, so for some time now I've been cutting corners and reducing the game so I can finish it as soon as possible, but this just won't work for me. I'm not proud of the results I'm getting after so long without an update and I can't release a new version if I'm not happy with it.
The truth is I'm tired of making the game. I've been making games as a hobby on RPG Maker for about 20 years now and I thought I'd never get over it. Making Farmer's Dreams was FUN. I want to feel that again, so I think I need some time away from it, because right now, the way I've been working on it, it's just not fun anymore.
Maybe I just got really excited with the Visual Novel format with the production of Love Season and I want to explore it a bit more, focusing my energy on that. The Farmer's Dreams story continues on Love Season, and with the things we have planned, you can still wait to see some more stories from your favorite FD exclusive characters in the Visual Novel in the form of extra content!
I hope you can forgive me for taking some time off of Farmer's Dreams, and I hope to someday make it the game I envisioned years ago. Thank you SO MUCH for your support! I'm looking forward to having fun with you again making games =)

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
In the code it does nothing but increment and decrement. It hasn't been used yet other than to keep track of choices. There are other variables as well such as Corruption and Honor. There has only been one use of those so far and that was:
View attachment 1318217
What I'm seeing is a lot of personality trait maneuvering and setting up. Perhaps all these variables will be put to use in Ep 2.
I bought the game on STEAM, where they talked about a Halloween update, which I never saw any of in the version I bought. But I believe your question centers on the interdimensional visit with the Angel Linda and her "sister" the demon succubus one, the Angel representing Law, and the Succubus representing Chaos. You can imply some goodness to the law, and some evil to the succubus, but I believe the intention was more is the action self centered with a possibility of the society or individuals interacted with benefiting as a side result instead of a direct intended consequence. If the MC goes for the Good intentions to help others first with a side benefit of improved relationship its the Angel... I haven't seen any scoring but it might be available as a mod. I will be searching for the Halloween update content STEAM talked about, but I didn't see. It also appears the STEAM release is not a completed series, as I will not considered it complete until at least after the MC has an actual visit in the Fairy Queens dimension and pulls the sword, it's implied he is to use the sword to protect society too....

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I am not certain how to enter this as a review so any help the admin can give me ... will be appreciated. I recommend this game. I purchased it yesterday and played it through the end of that release on STEAM. I am here because on STEAM they mentioned a Halloween update 2021, which was not featured in the release I played for unknown reason. I found this game enjoyable, I prefer when the ladies carpet matches the drapes, and as a supposed medieval game it fails there in several respects. While dyes were available for centuries, the girls here have different eyebrows and eyelashes from their hair and when featured their groins too. Other than that, there are plastic beach balls, modern windows and furniture like bed headboards that are obviously manufactured. But I won't let that ruin my appreciation of the game it was great lots of girls to play with and challenges. A little more choice and consequences as it is presented a lot as a visual novel with few choices I would save at the choices in case a play again would allow more gallery pictures or end results as I expect the way the game proceeds that at some point the MC will be expected to choose a local partner to marry, yet still adventure to save the realm at some point. Many hours of play I enjoyed this game.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Don't remember Laura at all but Nova and Nina are the two I like the most (both by personality and look). Nina is particularly surprising for me, as I usually dislike strongly "obviously in love childhood friends", category to which Nina belongs no doubt. Yet, the relationship with her felt so real and the time in the cave was really perfect.

I never played Farmer's Dream and will most likely not do it. What I hope is that somebody makes an unofficial Renpy remake in which they remove all the gameplay and just leave the story and visual novel choices, as I have been seeing a lot of those lately for other titles. But I see it very unlikely, now that Love Season exists. Pity though, I would play both.
A little late but if you read this, you can go to the guys patreon page. I am posting a detailed separate discussion if you wish to see it....

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
My final detailed sharing on Love Season:
Quote from About: Love Season Version 1.01:
Love Season is a Visual Novel made by MuseX and his team based on the game Farmer's Dreams. There are several differences between both games, including new and removed characters and new scenes. We made it like that so players can enjoy a different experience when playing both games.
Love Season has a more linear storyline, but your choices still matter to control the outcome of some events and scenes.
This game is still being developed and its conclusion highly depends on the support it gets, so please consider helping us!

On his Patreon site, the Dev says he was concentrating on Love Season, and putting Farmer's Dreams on hold.
JAN 19, 2022 AT 12:35 PM
Farmer's Dreams
Fist of all, I'm sorry to all the Farmer's Dreams fans. This is the hardest decision I've made in the 5 years of developing games on Patreon, but the Farmer's Dreams development is now officially on hold. I still want and definitely will finish it at some point, but right now I need some time away from it and the pressure I feel to finish it.
You can dwnld it on PC Games for $13.49 if you do not have a STEAM, or Patreon acct.

Club 250 is also a good source for data about MX games....
Our friends on F95zone have posted Farmer's Dreams if you want to check it out, its not quite as flowing IMO as the Love Season, but does contain earlier content and images you do not see in Love Season, so fans may want to play both. Sincerely yours....

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
Hopefully we get an update for LS atleast in Feb since it didn't happen in Jan. As far as FD is concerned , dev feeling kind of burned out with it is not something shocking as it has happened with some devs even before where they lose the fun in making game and a game made without fun and love wouldn't be great and neither will people enjoy playing it . So yeah Good luck to dev.

Reactions: MrFriendly

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Hopefully we get an update for LS atleast in Feb since it didn't happen in Jan. As far as FD is concerned , dev feeling kind of burned out with it is not something shocking as it has happened with some devs even before where they lose the fun in making game and a game made without fun and love wouldn't be great and neither will people enjoy playing it . So yeah Good luck to dev.
So this is on the edge of the cliff of being abandoned?

Reactions: Sirren

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So this is on the edge of the cliff of being abandoned?
How? The dev specifically said they were putting development of the RPGM "version" of this game on hold while they worked on this one. They are burned out on making the RPGM game and are excited by visual novel game development.

"Maybe I just got really excited with the Visual Novel format with the production of Love Season and I want to explore it a bit more, focusing my energy on that. The Farmer's Dreams story continues on Love Season, and with the things we have planned, you can still wait to see some more stories from your favorite FD exclusive characters in the Visual Novel in the form of extra content!"

From here

Reactions: drooopy
4.10 star(s) 77 Votes