4.10 star(s) 77 Votes

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
confused about this, the season ends after chapter 6 but the gallery shows that there were at least 10 chapters planned? wtf? the single steam achievement doesn't work either. Paid for the game to support the creator but the signs seem to point to he/she is giving up. Farmers Dream is on hold and this game got side content and a update that didn't add anything to the overall game. What is the plan here? Are there going to be 4 more chapters for this "season" as was planned or is the dev making a money grab by making another season out of the last 4 as well as dlcs or is he/she just stopping all together?

Reactions: botc76

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
confused about this, the season ends after chapter 6 but the gallery shows that there were at least 10 chapters planned? wtf? the single steam achievement doesn't work either. Paid for the game to support the creator but the signs seem to point to he/she is giving up. Farmers Dream is on hold and this game got side content and a update that didn't add anything to the overall game. What is the plan here? Are there going to be 4 more chapters for this "season" as was planned or is the dev making a money grab by making another season out of the last 4 as well as dlcs or is he/she just stopping all together?
No one can figure that out as yet...and the dev seems to be missing.

Reactions: Azsouth

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Still cannot load the game. Redownloaded it to be sure non-corrupted download. Log shows this:

Code:
Thu Mar 10 03:52:46 2022
Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.07s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.01s
Loading error handling took 0.04s
Loading script took 0.52s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.00s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Imported steam.
Failed to initialize steam.
- Init at renpy/common/00achievement.rpy:27 took 0.29103 s.
Set script version to: (7, 4, 8)
Running init code took 0.44s
Loading analysis data took 0.04s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.09s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.06s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object took 0.22s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.07s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.02s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.05s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.12s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 511.79'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1280, 720) physical=(1280, 720) drawable=(1280, 720)
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
Interestingly, it seems to be picking up the screen-size of only my second monitor. Hmmm...

badass

Jul 24, 2017

Love Season S2 is in the making for some time now and it'll finish the main story in approximately 6 more chapters.
Let me start by saying that I'm really excited for this next season! The story-heavy Season 2 gets way more complex as we focus on revealing characters' motivations, backstories, the new characters and challenges ahead and the truth about Heroes and Gods. Don't worry though, we'll still have loads of hot, sexy scenes - it's love season after all ;P

I hope you can understand why we're taking a bit longer to show you the new stuff - the new season requires some extra planning and preparations, like writing the story treatment, creating the new characters, new looks and so on.
I'm hoping for a new release next month, but I can't say for sure yet - I'll keep you informed!
Thank you for your support! I can't wait to share more about the new season with you <3

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Maybe I am being obtuse, but would it not make more sense to update the main game (peasant's dream) rather then an offshoot?
I fail to see how it is financially viable to leave the better game in the dust while updating this.

Reactions: Nellyg

CloudX

Oct 14, 2017
Maybe I am being obtuse, but would it not make more sense to update the main game (peasant's dream) rather then an offshoot?
I fail to see how it is financially viable to leave the better game in the dust while updating this.
he has no fun working on the main one, simple as that

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Farmer's Dreams? It's an RPGM game, those are so painful to play there's no way you'd make more money off of it.
yeah no way you'd make money off it: Peasant Quest, Struggle with Sin,The last Sovereign, Legend of Queen Opala,....
Are you drunk or something?

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017

Love Season S2 is in the making for some time now and it'll finish the main story in approximately 6 more chapters.
Let me start by saying that I'm really excited for this next season! The story-heavy Season 2 gets way more complex as we focus on revealing characters' motivations, backstories, the new characters and challenges ahead and the truth about Heroes and Gods. Don't worry though, we'll still have loads of hot, sexy scenes - it's love season after all ;P

I hope you can understand why we're taking a bit longer to show you the new stuff - the new season requires some extra planning and preparations, like writing the story treatment, creating the new characters, new looks and so on.
I'm hoping for a new release next month, but I can't say for sure yet - I'll keep you informed!
Thank you for your support! I can't wait to share more about the new season with you <3
May as well write off the original farmers dreams. He won't get back to that for as long as he continues on this crap
IF he ever goes back to it. May as well mark it as abandoned as far as I'm concerned

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
Is this continuing the "Farmer's Dream" game or just another story? Will the original "Farmer's Dream" game still continue update?

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Is this continuing the "Farmer's Dream" game or just another story? Will the original "Farmer's Dream" game still continue update?
This is the same thing with some additions and some omissions. You do nothing and achieve nothing in this version though. Just decision making as in other VNs. As to whether the original game is going to receive updates I can not tell you. Been awful long and the developer is starting a second season on this one. So I doubt it.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
This is the same thing with some additions and some omissions. You do nothing and achieve nothing in this version though. Just decision making as in other VNs. As to whether the original game is going to receive updates I can not tell you. Been awful long and the developer is starting a second season on this one. So I doubt it.
There was an earlier post where the dev said that they were going to concentrate on Love Season (VN). Farmer's Dreams (RPGM) would be placed on hold.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
There was an earlier post where the dev said that they were going to concentrate on Love Season (VN). Farmer's Dreams (RPGM) would be placed on hold.
It's been on hold for over a year now. I have my doubts to it being continued any time in the next year either.

Edit: How likely is it that someone is going to continue working on one version of the content and then backtrack and rework the content into another version?

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
It's been on hold for over a year now. I have my doubts to it being continued any time in the next year either.

Edit: How likely is it that someone is going to continue working on one version of the content and then backtrack and rework the content into another version?
The two are actually slightly different but I hear you. I previously complained about the dev's lack of courtesy / decency and his reply:

Note that this was in relation to Love Season, ergo the longer it takes for this to be completed, the longer it will take for the dev to get back to FD.

4.10 star(s) 77 Votes