Nov 4, 2018
i seem to be having a problem or i'm just stupid either way any help would be nice. i meet harmony in the church but after i talk to her i can't find her anywhere. i have gone to the church about 10 times and nothing happens. i used the cheat to find her location it tells me that she is at a spot i go to said spot but she is no where to be found. Am i missing something or is this a bug? any help would be nice. Also i can't seem to get the Ayesha event to happen the one that was add in v19.12.2 what am i missing in that as well? Thank you for any information given.

ThisKitty

Jun 7, 2017
There's a massive number of errors in the new build, some of which I've seen mentioned above:

• Harmony is never unhidden after agreeing to bible study.
  • Palla's events keep getting blocked. Especially once it deals with Shawn. Seems like the flags aren't matching up?
  • The class_flag hook structure breaks all the time. But, I'm not sure if this is from my cheating to get past all the other bugs, or if it's legitimate issues. It seems to not handle strings and revertablelists, which somehow made it on there. Not to mention the nesting that seems to occur. Right now I'm butchering the hook code because once it breaks, it pops up errors relentlessly.
  • Scrollback messes things up a lot, even when it's just a line of dialog and no choices
  • Save/Load doesn't replace everything in memory. If a slot got broken by e.g. the scrollback issue, it won't work even if you reload the save until you restart the application.
    Lavish's career stuff pops up before you're in charge of it causing frequent exceptions.
    Kiss images don't show up as much. I think there are other images that don't show during dialog.
  • I actually got promoted but didn't get the office, and couldn't work any more once. But I wasn't fired - checked that. You should probably split raises off into an integer used in multiplication unless the raise to manager offers a higher bump than other raises.
  • Lots of content appeared after I got the "no more content" notice in the hints. For tons of characters: Palla, Kleio, Sasha, Aletta, etc. If there's no hints because it's not the main story, you should consider including both, but showing them in different colors, with the side stories being visible once conditions are met.
  • Lots of characters seem to be not kissable despite having pretty high love scores. Not sure how that's evaluated. Could be from me cheating my way past the grind again.
  • Harmony's missing lesbian stat causes lots of issues after interacting with her. You should either not set that from global methods, or do a stat check before adjusting it.
  • Kylie will still interact with the player when stalking.
  • Alexis started the initial call, but the follow-up event didn't trigger. Maybe it's because "alexis_start" depends on "alexis_event_01" being done, but that event isn't in her events.py?
  • I cheated knowledge and charm up really high, but can only talk about love and food?
  • Birthday and shawn topics don't disappear. Shawn topics appear for all girls.
  • Dialog for palla's career options is kind of unclear on whether you should immediately switch to the job, train her, or what.
  • Other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting, because the hook bug and scrollback bug have occurred so many times they've flooded my memory and it's hard to remember anything else.
Requests:
  • Can you list how many of an item we already have when buying? Tracking things like condoms is really irritating.
  • Changing the menu text when someone's on the pill would also be helpful.
  • Is there any benefit to grinding lesbian up when male? I definitely found the global romance/sex limits on the stat that are pretty recent. There doesn't seem to be an in-game way to lower it.
  • Please consider embedded related hint text in the events themselves. That means that once the conditions are met, every suitable event can display event hints. It's better than your massive switch statements, and easier to maintain.
  • Along with that, you'll need to either write separate event condition evaluator functions to ignore things like days of the week and time of day, and/or you'll need to split the schedule conditions off into separate properties to make evaluation easier.
  • Consider nesting your conditions a bit differently. Try reducing the amount of parsing on strings to find flags and stats (e.g. "min_love" and "countermin_shawnencounter"), and instead nest it. You're doing some of that already, but maybe something like this, where flags, traits and stats are under their own structure:
JSON:
conditions: {
    daily: true,//can be done once a day
    each_daily: true,//can be done once a day per person
    game: {
        rooms: ["map", "livingroom"],
        flags: {
            dateinprogress: false,
            palla_event_09: true,
        }
    },
    palla: {
        required_events: ["palla_event_09", "palla_event_10"],
        flags: {
            MetShawn: true,
            AskedAboutShawn: true,
        },
        stats: {
            love: {
                min : 40,
                max : 80
           }
       }
   }
}
It's sloppy JSON, but you get it. Seasons, hours and days are good candidates for parsing, since they can be lists, ranges (e.g. "1-5", "123", etc), or combinations. Stats could also be parseable, but most events wouldn't use that flexibility, so min and max would work fine. Everything else (like flags) is based on whether the player has done enough grinding or made the right choices, so parsing is overkill and makes it more difficult to be be used to feed the hint system.

Sorry to nitpick on it. A lot of the improvements are really neat, but the bugs and the constant save incompatibilities mean I spend a lot of time digging in the code.

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
To the complainers: you do realize that the new girl (Harmony) is like 15% of the content of the update right ?
- 4 events out of 30
- 2 pieces of art out of 10
Lavish, Bree, Alexis, Palla all are girls that have been here for some time and got more (or as much) content than Harmony.

Zorin

Jun 24, 2017
aaaaa man. i took a break on this game for a long while and came back last patch to grind it all , and , now i have to do it again ... wish i had taken a longer break so last month dint just go to waste LOL

Indorlan

Sep 23, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/bg/bedroom1/bedroom1.rpy", line 217, in <module>
  File "game/cl/class_game.rpy", line 239, in pass_time
  File "game/cl/class_game.rpy", line 163, in new_day
  File "game/cl/class_flagged.rpy", line 10, in clean_up
  File "game/cl/class_flag.rpy", line 23, in update
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start.rpyc", line 377, in script call
  File "cl/class_room.rpyc", line 217, in script call
  File "cl/class_activity.rpyc", line 221, in script call
  File "bg/bedroom1/bedroom1.rpyc", line 217, in script
  File "C:\Users\XXXXX\Downloads\LoSeSb-Patreon-2011-pc\LoSeSb-Patreon-20.1.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\XXXXX\Downloads\LoSeSb-Patreon-2011-pc\LoSeSb-Patreon-20.1.1b-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/bg/bedroom1/bedroom1.rpy", line 217, in <module>
  File "game/cl/class_game.rpy", line 239, in pass_time
  File "game/cl/class_game.rpy", line 163, in new_day
  File "game/cl/class_flagged.rpy", line 10, in clean_up
  File "game/cl/class_flag.rpy", line 23, in update
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Love & Sex : Second Base - Patreon Edition 20.1.1b
Sat Jan 25 11:28:52 2020

Nyanto

Mar 12, 2019
Tried the hotfix version, didn't even last 2 days.
First day I worked hard two times (only 30 credits for working hard once).
Second day, I worked hard once and returned home at noon to have lunch but didn't have the option to eat.
0 at hunger bar, can't eat, bought a hot dog in the mall, but didn't allow me to do much.
So, did you modify the times at which we can eat in the house or is it a bug?
I even used "wait" two times at noon but the option to eat still didn't appear.

Beta35

Jun 24, 2018
I managed to score house harem. Stats for each girl were:
Bree: Love 100, sub 100 lesb 50
Sasha: Love 80, sub 100 lesb 50
I completed their main questlines and they were both my slaves. Didn't progress much with the band if anyone wants to know

3.60 star(s) 285 Votes