naegy

Sep 24, 2020
Well if it really doesn't trigger on next saturday, then it is a bug indeed I guess. Unless you are using any 3rd party mods like unlocker etc... that might cause it too.

Well, thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to try the save in a previous version, maybe the event will be activated

naegy

Sep 24, 2020
Reactions: marnosta

Tetsuno

Mar 30, 2019
Despite trying to open the updated version, it still doesn't load. The ingame "log" file shows "Failed to initialize steam: AttributeError("function 'SteamAPI_ISteamClient_GetISteamAppList' not found")". I deleted every instance of any folder containing "LoSeSb" or "Andrealphus" in my pc and it still doesn't load. Any ideas how to fix it? Maybe I missed something? In what folders do the game put its files? Roaming shows nothing, so does LocalLow ://

Feb 26, 2021
Despite trying to open the updated version, it still doesn't load. The ingame "log" file shows "Failed to initialize steam: AttributeError("function 'SteamAPI_ISteamClient_GetISteamAppList' not found")". I deleted every instance of any folder containing "LoSeSb" or "Andrealphus" in my pc and it still doesn't load. Any ideas how to fix it? Maybe I missed something? In what folders do the game put its files? Roaming shows nothing, so does LocalLow ://
Any file named traceback.txt in the game folder?
Do you have any error in the windows event viewer?

R4nd0mGuy213

Sep 5, 2021
On mac and installed the DLC and now it won't open - I'm getting the following:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load from archive dlc_fafow/bg/amyhome/amyhome.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 409, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 493, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 854, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Anyone had/solved this issue?

Tetsuno

Mar 30, 2019
Any file named traceback.txt in the game folder?
Do you have any error in the windows event viewer?
I have tracebac.pyc not .txt. Event viewer shows an error, tells me that the .exe stopped using windows and was closed and redirects me to the conservation part of control panel where I have a bunch of signatures. It also says "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows." which is rather peculiar

Sanriela

Dec 29, 2019
Renpy was not designed for a game this size unfortunately ^^
I'm not aware so I can't say, but I've played games with the same engine and much larger size loading in seconds. I'm not saying it prevents me from playing it or spoils my enjoyment because that's exactly the type of game I love. It's perfect for relaxing after a few hours of session at My Time at Sandrock.

Sep 1, 2020
asda.jpg
I'm getting slightly pissed off. How do I start this Battle of the Bands shit?
I have all the requirements, I've followed the wiki to a tee, restarted and reinstalled the game, and even tried an older version. Nothing works. I just keep getting the "we practiced together" message in the studio.

Is this a bug or can someone help?

Feb 26, 2021
On mac and installed the DLC and now it won't open - I'm getting the following:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 409, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 493, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Applications/LoSeSb.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 854, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Anyone had/solved this issue?
Did you update the main game to v24.9.1 before adding the DLC?

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I'm not aware so I can't say, but I've played games with the same engine and much larger size loading in seconds. I'm not saying it prevents me from playing it or spoils my enjoyment because that's exactly the type of game I love. It's perfect for relaxing after a few hours of session at My Time at Sandrock.
I am sorry but it's highly unlikely that you have played a bigger game than L&S running on renpy ;)
The game is currently made of:
- 35k image files
- 16k audio files
- Over 2M words
I am not aware of a bigger game out there...
For example BaDik season one only have a quarter of the content of Love & Sex.
Very happy you are enjoying the game BTW :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021
View attachment 4094996
I'm getting slightly pissed off. How do I start this Battle of the Bands shit?
I have all the requirements, I've followed the wiki to a tee, restarted and reinstalled the game, and even tried an older version. Nothing works. I just keep getting the "we practiced together" message in the studio.

Is this a bug or can someone help?
There's a long delay before the beginning of the battle (~30 days maybe).
In your save, you still have to wait 25 days before the beginning of the event (you can check this kind of things if you enable the cryptic spoilers in the option)

Feb 26, 2021
I have tracebac.pyc not .txt. Event viewer shows an error, tells me that the .exe stopped using windows and was closed and redirects me to the conservation part of control panel where I have a bunch of signatures. It also says "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows." which is rather peculiar
Can you send your log.txt file.
Multiple questions:
- do you have a I9 13/14th gen CPU?
- are your display drivers up to date?
- can you send the complete event crash failure?
This kind of things:
Faulting application name: LoSeSb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6670e991
Faulting module name: libpython3.9.dll, version: 3.9.10150.1013, time stamp: 0x6670dc08
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000011989f
Faulting process id: 0x3be4
Faulting application start time: 0x01db122e67e50973
Faulting application path: F:\other\Andrealphus Games\LoSeSb-24.8.0c-pc_patreon\LoSeSb.exe
Faulting module path: F:\other\Andrealphus Games\LoSeSb-24.8.0c-pc_patreon\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\libpython3.9.dll
Report Id: cdcb06eb-d0ad-40c6-8fd8-94cae8f9caa7

Sanriela

Dec 29, 2019
I am sorry but it's highly unlikely that you have played a bigger game than L&S running on renpy ;)
The game is currently made of:
- 35k image files
- 16k audio files
- Over 2M words
I am not aware of a bigger game out there...
For example BaDik season one only have a quarter of the content of Love & Sex.
Oh, I see, we're not talking about size in gigabytes, we're talking about size as the amount of stuff in the game. Then I guess it's understandable for the long loading time.

3.60 star(s) 289 Votes