Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
1 - Two main reasons, story consistency and because it's better for the structure. I'm not sure where you are in the game yet, but many of the later story events are centered around "first times". And of course it doesn't make much sense to have that happen twice. The level end story events are particularly significant milestones story wise where this comes into play. Structure wise it's best for the content to just move onto the next stage once you finish one. For consistency, avoiding bugs and avoiding any clashes between new and old content (such as a system/mechanic working differently from one stage to the next). It just makes development a lot easier.

That's the motivation anyway. I rather underestimated how many people would choose to do the two paths at the same time. In fact it seems like basically everyone does. It's something I'll have to consider when designing any future characters, so you might find things work a bit differently when we get to those.

2 - I moved away from it because I got the impression most people didn't even find it. It's only available once per week at a specific time. It was a concern I had even before releasing it publicly, and specifically asked a tester of mine if they found it, which they didn't. Honestly you might be the first player to even mention it all. It doesn't really make sense as a daily thing, and would be way too much of a money sink if it was, so its caught in a hard place where people can't find it, but it can't be present much.

Obvious solution is to make it available in a different way, but I decided to just drop it instead. The story moved on from the money troubles between the pc getting a job and jen getting her new jobs. And any good ideas I had for content coming from the shortage event could easily just be done in the paying rent or reward point events.

Saying all this though, if you like the money stuff, you might like something that's coming in the next update :devilish:

Thanks for taking the time to write so much feedback, I appreciate it! Hope you continue to enjoy the game.
Hey, thanks for the reply,

You pretty much confirmed what I suspected about my first point regarding the final event of the chain being the "big one" so to speak. I'm 99% sure I've finished all the content to date including the other job chain etc. (as I said I'm a completionist) which is why I mentioned it at all because missing out on 2 scenes per run just grates slightly on my mild OCD.

With my second point I'm actually pretty surprised only a few people found it as you get home on a Tuesday at 17:00 into an event (bathroom event if I remember rightly) that lasts 10 mins and the prompt appears to Intervene when you leave your bedroom after that. I agree it definitely doesn't make sense as a daily event, but having it weekly provided a nice narrative flow as I especially liked how it tied in to the rent payments i.e. I'd pay the weekly rent on a Monday evening and intervene on the Tuesday evening to cover any naughty excesses (in my mind she's a shopaholic).

Maybe its just the way I play this game (and maybe even games in general) but whenever I find events like this in any game with a calendar I always make a mental note to search for it again depending on what the event might be (daily, weekly, etc.). Plus you gave us 6 different options in the event as well so naturally I began searching for it and once I discovered it was tied to the assistant job I waited to make the offer until I had seen all the content because, and I don't know if I've mentioned this before, completionist. All that said if no-one had found the event I understand why you dropped it.

Also maybe because I further time by clicking on the "Jen" tab (or whatever someone has named her) rather than any of the minute or hour options has allowed me to find more of the content? I'd recommend others using it too its very useful.

As I said this has been a great start. If nothing else maybe I've brought the Intervene event to the attention of some people who missed it.

Ta.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MakinWaves

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I gotta work with realities like if people go to a certain place at a certain time and find nothing there to do they will likely just assume there isn't anything to do. I've played a lot of games like this and I've tried to avoid as many of these little problems as I can. Generally there is just a better way of doing things, and in this case just merging it into the existing rent paying stuff seemed like the best option. But this kind of stuff will likely be making a return in the next update.
Well you are certainly going to be able to get her to do all kinds of things :sneaky:

I have to ask myself a lot how people actually play the game. As the creator it's quite the blindspot for me since I kind of know everything inside and out. There's just no way for me to play it in ignorance, so I appreciate you giving some insight into how you play. I honestly didn't believe your post when it said there were 6 options, but going back to look... god damn there actually is. That kind of only makes it worse, it's a weekly event with so many optons you will never be able to see them all without just going back and forth. Not sure what I was thinking.

But bad design aside, I'm glad you enjoyed the idea. And hopefully what is coming will go some way to fill the gap. I'm fairly confident I can do a much better job of it this time!

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
I don't mind a little back and forth if its done right. I think you're being a little overly critical calling it bad design, I thought the 17:00 event actually led into it nicely and as you rightly said its not possible to account for the way every person plays, nor keep them all happy. I'm probably an outlier in wanting to find all the content in something, I'd guess a majority of people play for instant gratification.

Anyways, happy to provide some insight, looking forward to the next release.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Those of you asking about a discord, one is now available for supporters. Can't say if or when it'll be open for discussion publicly. I'll be considering it once I have a better understanding of managing that kind of thing. And I'm sure you'd rather I focus on getting the next release out anyway ;)

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Those of you asking about a discord, one is now available for supporters. Can't say if or when it'll be open for discussion publicly. I'll be considering it once I have a better understanding of managing that kind of thing. And I'm sure you'd rather I focus on getting the next release out anyway ;)
Much rather! :) I for one refuse to use Discord whatsoever, which in this instance punished me since you decided to post spoilers there instead of the patreon post.. unfortunate really, but it's your choice ofc

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Much rather! :) I for one refuse to use Discord whatsoever, which in this instance punished me since you decided to post spoilers there instead of the patreon post.. unfortunate really, but it's your choice ofc
It's not really my choice, I'd post them on patreon too but it's against tos. Or rather, most screenshots from the game would be, so i figured I should just post them on discord instead. Perhaps somebody will leak here though.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
You can now set NTR/Sharing options visibility in the computer (as ever, nothing is forced on you, this is simply if you wish the options gone all together)
Where exactly can I find these options because I don't see anything like this in the computer ?

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I see tag "vaginal sex" but unfortunately there is no vaginal sex in the game so according to the rules of tags on F95 if a tag does not appear in the version of the game available here it should not be added so I think we should correct this and remove this tag because it is misleading at the moment.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: balvenie1401

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Where exactly can I find these options because I don't see anything like this in the computer ?
I see tag "vaginal sex" but unfortunately there is no vaginal sex in the game so according to the rules of tags on F95 if a tag does not appear in the version of the game available here it should not be added so I think we should correct this and remove this tag because it is misleading at the moment.
The option appears after you get Jen up a couple levels, one of the level up/intro events asks if you want that kind of stuff enabled, then after that you can toggle it on and off as it says.

There is actually some vaginal sex clips in the game. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember the tag being added after the last update, presumably by a mod but this was a little while ago now.

Reactions: balvenie1401

gomesa

Mar 11, 2019
The option appears after you get Jen up a couple levels, one of the level up/intro events asks if you want that kind of stuff enabled, then after that you can toggle it on and off as it says.

There is actually some vaginal sex clips in the game. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember the tag being added after the last update, presumably by a mod but this was a little while ago now.
Do i restart from the beginning ?

Lusteh

Aug 5, 2016
I am stuck on the love route, can't buy any outfits and it says I need to get it up from 4/5.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I am stuck on the love route, can't buy any outfits and it says I need to get it up from 4/5.
Thanks a lot for the save, I think some others experienced the same thing but I wasn't able to replicate it without a save. I've attached a fixed version of your save file, just load it in, sleep and the next story event should be available after 7pm.

If possible, can you tell me what happened when you reached 3/3 clothing progress (the message you get at the bottom of the clothing event) and what event you were doing when it happened? Reason I ask is it should have leveled her up to 5 when this happened but for some reason it didn't. Any info you can provide might be useful for squashing this nasty bug. Thanks.

EDIT: I think I might have worked it out, did you unlock an outfit using a reward point? I think you're soft locked because the outfits only give you one level up but because jen's lewd level is too low, you can't access the lewd outfits needed to advance to the next level.

I think you used up your one level up the denim shorts provide and therefor cannot use them to progress to level 5. I've added a self fix to the code that should be out with the next release. Apologies for the trouble!
Do i restart from the beginning ?
SO do i past the PATCH file in the main game ?
I am not sure what you mean by restarting. The saves are compatible across versions so you don't need to start again.

Regarding the patch, copy paste the contents of the patch folder (img, scripts, Love _ Vice.html) into your release 2 folder, where you see the same files (img, scripts, Love _ Vice.html), overwrite when prompted.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: gomesa and Lusteh

Lusteh

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks a lot for the save, I think some others experienced the same thing but I wasn't able to replicate it without a save. I've attached a fixed version of your save file, just load it in, sleep and the next story event should be available after 7pm.

If possible, can you tell me what happened when you reached 3/3 clothing progress (the message you get at the bottom of the clothing event) and what event you were doing when it happened? Reason I ask is it should have leveled her up to 5 when this happened but for some reason it didn't. Any info you can provide might be useful for squashing this nasty bug. Thanks.

EDIT: I think I might have worked it out, did you unlock an outfit using a reward point? I think you're soft locked because the outfits only give you one level up but because jen's lewd level is too low, you can't access the lewd outfits needed to advance to the next level.

I think you used up your one level up the denim shorts provide and therefor cannot use them to progress to level 5. I've added a self fix to the code that should be out with the next release. Apologies for the trouble!

I am not sure what you mean by restarting. The saves are compatible across versions so you don't need to start again.

Regarding the patch, copy paste the contents of the patch folder (img, scripts, Love _ Vice.html) into your release 2 folder, where you see the same files (img, scripts, Love _ Vice.html), overwrite when prompted.
I definitely did unlock outfits with reward points, so I guess that was it. Appreciate you fixing my save!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MakinWaves
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes