MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I definitely did unlock outfits with reward points, so I guess that was it. Appreciate you fixing my save!
Alright thanks for the follow up! Should itself now in the next release.
not sure whats going on progress through the first lewd action and her lewdness stays chaste any help?
You have to go through all the lewd or love story events then there is a level up event which should appear in your room in the morning.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Really enjoyed what's there so far. You can really see the developing relationship in some detail; it doesn't feel too rushed nor like an endless grind, and the scenes are all good fun. Plus, there's quite a bit of content there already. Somewhat amused by how you can pick your relationship - totally-not-incest, alright :whistle:

I had some bugs, but nothing that really mattered for my playthrough - request clothing never worked for me; somehow the modelling job was triggered before I got informed about it (this then happened later but everything still seemed to work normally), and I feel like occasionally in some scenes/circumstances the stats weren't properly added, but I didn't pay too much attention to that so I can't really say anything helpful there (you get loads of stat changes per day anyway so if once or twice a +15 isn't added, eh ^^).

As for balancing - the two things I've noticed is that it feels like getting the next clothing level is a bit too easy, especially since at times you can just repeat the yoga "10 energy" event. I was essentially always ahead of the progression curve with that, which maybe should be just a little bit more difficult to do.
Also, I thought the first "main" romantic event is just a tiny bit too grindy due to the money requirement; after that money was never an issue - I think it'd have been fair to later require some chunks of cash for dates or whatever, but in the beginning when your earning opportunities are somewhat limited it felt unnecessary. Maybe make it so you can work voluntarily on Fridays for extra money on the regular job (overtime ^^) or make the requirement for the expensive male clothes something for later stuff. But, I mean, it's a tiny thing; and narratively of course it makes sense that you'd want to impress someone on your first date.

As for some random thoughts - the way I played it was basically getting both routes to max, making a save, and then watch both events; it's an interesting approach. I get why it's like this, I don't expect anything to change about it, but hypothetically I think I'd really have enjoyed a sort of neutral path that happens when you balance the two other paths, I guess.
Also, some clips somewhat pulled me out of the game when had blatant, huge ad writing on them (the shower ones I remember most). Maybe once everything else is done it's worth going back and switch out the worst candidates of that; or maybe that's just me.

But, either way. Good stuff (y)

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Really enjoyed what's there so far. You can really see the developing relationship in some detail; it doesn't feel too rushed nor like an endless grind, and the scenes are all good fun. Plus, there's quite a bit of content there already. Somewhat amused by how you can pick your relationship - totally-not-incest, alright :whistle:

I had some bugs, but nothing that really mattered for my playthrough - request clothing never worked for me; somehow the modelling job was triggered before I got informed about it (this then happened later but everything still seemed to work normally), and I feel like occasionally in some scenes/circumstances the stats weren't properly added, but I didn't pay too much attention to that so I can't really say anything helpful there (you get loads of stat changes per day anyway so if once or twice a +15 isn't added, eh ^^).

As for balancing - the two things I've noticed is that it feels like getting the next clothing level is a bit too easy, especially since at times you can just repeat the yoga "10 energy" event. I was essentially always ahead of the progression curve with that, which maybe should be just a little bit more difficult to do.
Also, I thought the first "main" romantic event is just a tiny bit too grindy due to the money requirement; after that money was never an issue - I think it'd have been fair to later require some chunks of cash for dates or whatever, but in the beginning when your earning opportunities are somewhat limited it felt unnecessary. Maybe make it so you can work voluntarily on Fridays for extra money on the regular job (overtime ^^) or make the requirement for the expensive male clothes something for later stuff. But, I mean, it's a tiny thing; and narratively of course it makes sense that you'd want to impress someone on your first date.

As for some random thoughts - the way I played it was basically getting both routes to max, making a save, and then watch both events; it's an interesting approach. I get why it's like this, I don't expect anything to change about it, but hypothetically I think I'd really have enjoyed a sort of neutral path that happens when you balance the two other paths, I guess.
Also, some clips somewhat pulled me out of the game when had blatant, huge ad writing on them (the shower ones I remember most). Maybe once everything else is done it's worth going back and switch out the worst candidates of that; or maybe that's just me.

But, either way. Good stuff (y)
Thanks for providing so much feedback! I'll just go through your post and share my thoughts on what you brought up.
  • If you could provide some more detail about what went wrong with requesting outfit unlocks I could take a look at it. You do have to sleep before she'll be wearing anything new. It's possible the love and lewd outfit progressions were getting mixed up in your save, some others have had problems when they've done both simultaneously (my fault). Already got a fix for a major issue regarding that coming in the next update. Trust me when I say I won't be mixing up the progression like this ever again :p
  • Regarding the modelling job trigger, what happened exactly? This could be a very serious problem.
  • Originally clothing progression was locked to only once per day, so you'd have to do stuff over a 3 day period at least. I think it was a very last minute change before the original launch to uncap it's progression. Problem is, you have to account for the pain of getting her the new outfit in the first place, if you bring her to work at the office you can end up needing to wait most of a week before you can even take her out to buy one. So contextually a clothing level could take 1 day, or an entire week to get. It's not an ideal situation, and one I'll have to work out if I ever go back and overhaul the content that's already in the game. Probably with a means to take her out yourself whenever you have time. The specific yoga event you bring up is a combination of low energy cost + small time investment. I'm of two minds about this kind of thing, on the one hand I don't want to stop people playing a certain way, on the other I don't want them to miss out on stuff because they rightfully took the path of least resistance. But thanks for pointing it out, I checked and the early ones are still set at half hour time progression, so I fixed it.
  • Yeah the money grind for the early love path is rough. It's the reason I added promotion bonuses to give you a little boost for these one time expenses. I'll probably just end up reducing it, but I'm going to try and add some money sinks into the game, which in turn may alter the income the jobs make. So I'll hold off until I know what's happening.
  • A neutral path would be cool. Based on what I've seen it appears the vast majority play the same way you do, which just makes the whole idea of a neutral path much more appealing. It's something I'll be thinking about going forward with other characters. Practically speaking I can't actually make it a full path like the other two, just because there are already way too many possible combinations in how you can play. Just on a technical level the more you can do the more likely bugs and other conflicts will occur. What may be possible though is having some cross over events that you can unlock ;)
  • The watermarks suck but I won't make any effort to remove them unless it's some shit that's been added by a website that has no business watermarking it. Otherwise I can't really say it's my place to remove them. I try to avoid anything that's obnoxious, but many times I just go with whatever I think is best for the scene, or whatever I could actually get that fits :LOL:. There's plenty in the early content that I could probably replace, I've built up and found a lot more stuff that could probably be used, but I'll wait until she's "done" before I make any major changes.
I hope this provides some of my perspective on these things. Again thanks for providing the feedback, certainly gives me lots to think about going forward.

Reactions: PyoT

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
If you could provide some more detail about what went wrong with requesting outfit unlocks I could take a look at it.
tbh I didn't get into details since it's such a blatant thing; I don't know whether it's something with the save or whether the patch wasn't applied properly or ... but it's a plain script error, ie I have dinner, I click request clothes, and I get
Code:
Error: <<replace>>: no elements matched the selector "#rIcon"
<<replace '#rIcon'>><</replace>>
At first I thought it just happened because I didn't have clothes to request, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Seems like the kind of thing others would have pointed out long before me, so I'm not sure what's going on (I just played the versions offered in the OP, ie R2 and then applied R2.1 patch by copy and pasting the stuff over the other files. Double-checking right now it seems that all files are correct, but, well, something's borked somewhere).

Regarding the modelling job trigger, what happened exactly?
I just don't remember the precise details, and I don't have a save from that early. I think I went to town quite early (maybe even before the first major event?) and the modelling agency was suddenly available as a location. Then I got her the job and all that.

And I think then later (after the first event? Or maybe it was before-after the 2nd major event...) I think I got a computer action (in the "goals" thing I'd say it was the "Research your options" action) that told me to search for extra jobs, which I did, which seemed to inspire the character to get her a modelling job. But, obviously, she already had her job.

As far as I can tell that didn't do anything bad at all - it even retroactively filled in the "optional goal" list correctly. Which I guess surprised me the most; I'd have thought some stuff wouldn't have triggered correctly. But it seemed to all have worked, including progressing through the modelling job, getting the photos, etc.

Problem is, you have to account for the pain of getting her the new outfit in the first place, if you bring her to work at the office you can end up needing to wait most of a week before you can even take her out to buy one.
Makes sense. dunno if it'd just shift the balance too much in the opposite way, but maybe there could be a "take her shopping" request.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MakinWaves

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
tbh I didn't get into details since it's such a blatant thing; I don't know whether it's something with the save or whether the patch wasn't applied properly or ... but it's a plain script error, ie I have dinner, I click request clothes, and I get
Code:
Error: <<replace>>: no elements matched the selector "#rIcon"
<<replace '#rIcon'>><</replace>>
At first I thought it just happened because I didn't have clothes to request, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Seems like the kind of thing others would have pointed out long before me, so I'm not sure what's going on (I just played the versions offered in the OP, ie R2 and then applied R2.1 patch by copy and pasting the stuff over the other files. Double-checking right now it seems that all files are correct, but, well, something's borked somewhere).
Ah thanks for the followup, that's something I apparently forgot to remove when I changed the links in the patch, thanks!

I just don't remember the precise details, and I don't have a save from that early. I think I went to town quite early (maybe even before the first major event?) and the modelling agency was suddenly available as a location. Then I got her the job and all that.

And I think then later (after the first event? Or maybe it was before-after the 2nd major event...) I think I got a computer action (in the "goals" thing I'd say it was the "Research your options" action) that told me to search for extra jobs, which I did, which seemed to inspire the character to get her a modelling job. But, obviously, she already had her job.

As far as I can tell that didn't do anything bad at all - it even retroactively filled in the "optional goal" list correctly. Which I guess surprised me the most; I'd have thought some stuff wouldn't have triggered correctly. But it seemed to all have worked, including progressing through the modelling job, getting the photos, etc.

Makes sense. dunno if it'd just shift the balance too much in the opposite way, but maybe there could be a "take her shopping" request.
That is very bizarre. I checked and the condition to make the agency available in town like that only seems to be set in like 3 places, not sure how it managed to become available so early in the game like that. I'll do some further digging. I'm glad it didn't seem to break anything too badly, just keep it in mind that this happened should you encounter any problems with the modelling content down the line. I can always fix your save file should that happen.

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
Did you go through her phone in her bedroom and steal the photos before the dialogue option appeared in the kitchen? I did that in the first release and it allowed me to access the agency before I was supposed to.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I definitely fiddled around with her phone, but I don't remember there being anything notable there. I think it always was just "there's these two harmless selfies, maybe later there'll be something else".

Incidentally, after giving her the sex toy it's not in her drawer either (as far as I remember). dunno if that was planned, but a comment there would be nice, since the description seems to imply that again "later" it might be different.

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
I definitely fiddled around with her phone, but I don't remember there being anything notable there. I think it always was just "there's these two harmless selfies, maybe later there'll be something else".

Incidentally, after giving her the sex toy it's not in her drawer either (as far as I remember). dunno if that was planned, but a comment there would be nice, since the description seems to imply that again "later" it might be different.
Aye, you have to find the photos on her phone in order to convince the agency that she's worthy to be a model. That's where I skipped ahead, sounds like you had the same deal.

If I remember it's supposed to start with dialogue in the kitchen making more money, then you check the laptop for other jobs, then you're supposed to steal her phone photos, then speak with the agency guy to get the job offer, then convince her to model.

Reactions: MakinWaves and PyoT

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020

I might have planned that early on, since then it turns out she's a lot better at hiding stuff than that ;)
Aye, you have to find the photos on her phone in order to convince the agency that she's worthy to be a model. That's where I skipped ahead, sounds like you had the same deal.

If I remember it's supposed to start with dialogue in the kitchen making more money, then you check the laptop for other jobs, then you're supposed to steal her phone photos, then speak with the agency guy to get the job offer, then convince her to model.
I vaguely remember fixing the skip caused by getting the selfies early, but this was a while ago so I'm not sure. Regardless I'll make a note of it and see if any more clues pop up, since I cannot recreate this bug myself.

Reactions: Wisthep

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
I might have planned that early on, since then it turns out she's a lot better at hiding stuff than that ;)

I vaguely remember fixing the skip caused by getting the selfies early, but this was a while ago so I'm not sure. Regardless I'll make a note of it and see if any more clues pop up, since I cannot recreate this bug myself.
Yeah it was in version 1 of the game that I found the skip. I didn't see it in version 2 but because I knew the route I also didn't check to see if it was still there. Other than that I didn't encounter any other bugs or skips and as I've said before I thought the game was interesting and well paced, even at the start when money is tight (which is the fundament of the prologue).

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Thanks for providing so much feedback! I'll just go through your post and share my thoughts on what you brought up.
  • A neutral path would be cool. Based on what I've seen it appears the vast majority play the same way you do, which just makes the whole idea of a neutral path much more appealing. It's something I'll be thinking about going forward with other characters. Practically speaking I can't actually make it a full path like the other two, just because there are already way too many possible combinations in how you can play. Just on a technical level the more you can do the more likely bugs and other conflicts will occur. What may be possible though is having some cross over events that you can unlock ;)
I think "most people" do it simply because it doesn't automatically lock you out. hell, I only cared about the corruption route but got some love points here and there at first because I wasn't 100% how to reach the next level. Some people just want to get all scenes in one playthrough, and that's all their reasoning for leveling up both. It's ok for your actions to have permanence, that's what telling a story is all about.

"feature creep" is a really problem for indie devs, and too many of them want to add something just because it's cool. But it doesn't mean it's needed for the game or a good idea. If you think you can add something without making the game overly complicated, then by all means do it but don't do it on a whim.

I'm saying this simply because I feel like another voice on this is needed, rather then a "add this and this" which this forums loves to tell devs.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for this perspective. I do try to avoid making it unnecessarily complicated, it's one of the reasons why the character progression is structured the way it is. But I do feel it would be wise to adapt to the way people actually play the game a little. The way the routes etc work will probably be what I'll use for every other character, but some crossover events sound like a neat opportunity to do something a bit different.

Ultimately as with every idea, I'll just have to toy with it when the time is right and see if it's worth it or not.

Family Fun

Nov 9, 2020
what I like best about this game is the simplicity. There is the MC and there is one woman he is trying to seduce. Harem games are nice but become overburdened and the missions lose focus.

Having just Alexis then every update will be about her so no complaints that the chick I'm fapping to didn't get new content. We're also not forced to spend time advancing characters we don't care about. It annoys me how in other games there might be conditions such as you cannot advance evening massage with Alexis until you have completed the take photos of the coffee barista mission.

• Red Heart

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
what I like best about this game is the simplicity. There is the MC and there is one woman he is trying to seduce. Harem games are nice but become overburdened and the missions lose focus.

Having just Alexis then every update will be about her so no complaints that the chick I'm fapping to didn't get new content. We're also not forced to spend time advancing characters we don't care about. It annoys me how in other games there might be conditions such as you cannot advance evening massage with Alexis until you have completed the take photos of the coffee barista mission.
Thanks for the kind words! Though I have to come clean and say there's going to be a bunch more characters to chase. I'll make sure to keep adding Jen content so long as it is possible.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes