• 5. Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Facepalms are minority i'd say, most people probably don't even have 100 facepalms on their counters.
My own count says 61 and I don't think I (mostly) troll around here.
But for reaction itself, we "need" a "dislike" reaction, we have a like, so we should have one that is the opposite of it. Currently only facepalm is available for it. So then we would have the same with the dislike or whatever the new one would be called.

Other more radical solution would be to remove the whole reaction system itself.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
My own count says 61 and I don't think I (mostly) troll around here.
But for reaction itself, we "need" a "dislike" reaction, we have a like, so we should have one that is the opposite of it. Currently only facepalm is available for it. So then we would have the same with the dislike or whatever the new one would be called.

Other more radical solution would be to remove the whole reaction system itself.
Well, actually, I always wondered why they choose facepalm instead of normal dislike. As for me, facepalm is a very mean reaction and I've only used it twice in all my time on this forum. But, since we don't have dislike to simply show our disagreement with the person, users use facepalm instead, sigh.
Also, it looks absurd when such a reaction is given to the first post of a regular games on this forum. Games that were not created to troll or insult anyone.

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Why not?
I'd rather see reviews by the popular boys/gals rather than some nobodies.
With messages on the counter you'll know that the person actually spent some time around here, and with likes you'll know that what they say carries at least some merit with which people tend to agree. :whistle::coffee:
Well, first what c3p0 wrote.

Also, if one really tries to, it can be somewhat easy to farm (at least some) likes reactions. Either one posts things in threads that everyone in there agrees to anyway or posts very divisive posts.
In both cases, it's of no informative value. :unsure:

But I agree that a minimum message limit would not necessarily be wrong. 5 to 10 should be enough. After all, there is also a limit for starting private conversations or posting links.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Well, actually, I always wondered why they choose facepalm instead of normal dislike. As for me, facepalm is a very mean reaction and I've only used it twice in all my time on this forum. But, since we don't have dislike to simply show our disagreement with the person, users use facepalm instead, sigh.
Also, it looks absurd when such a reaction is given to the first post of a regular games on this forum. Games that were not created to troll or insult anyone.
I think you take this facepalming business a little too seriously my guy. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I think you take this facepalming business a little too seriously my guy. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Maybe? In any case, it's hard to distinguish, if someone simply disagrees with the person, or find his whole narrative stupid. Also, as I said, I would better setting dislikes on rating reviews showing that they unhelpful, or far from truth and posts showing that I simply don't agree with them.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I would better setting dislikes on rating reviews showing that they unhelpful, or far from truth and posts showing that I simply don't agree with them.
But if we do this we'll let the cliques around here do revenge down-voting, won't we? :giggle::coffee:
Who needs that kinda pain in the ass. :whistle::coffee:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
But if we do this we'll let the cliques around here do revenge down-voting, won't we? :giggle::coffee:
Who needs that kinda pain in the ass. :whistle::coffee:
As far, as I know, it's already a thing. I saw some messages from users who receive facepalms on their every post from the same user. So not much will change in this regard, but it will be easier to express our opinions, making them a bit more transparent.

Dahotshot

Aug 10, 2021
Here I am, agreeing with the OP that review quality could be better... but I can't find where submit a bloody review. :ROFLMAO:

Apologies if this is a little off-topic (I'd rather ask here than start a new entire thread) - but do I need better glasses, or are there certain requirements (like having at least 100+ posts) to be able to start writing reviews?

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Here I am, agreeing with the OP that review quality could be better... but I can't find where submit a bloody review. :ROFLMAO:

Apologies if this is a little off-topic (I'd rather ask here than start a new entire thread) - but do I need better glasses, or are there certain requirements (like having at least 100+ posts) to be able to start writing reviews?
..click the stars
1674168355823.png

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes