Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Does that mean we can't get al the endings in one playthrough?

Sorry, just sounds confusing...x.x
I'll just wait for the release.

Wait, so we're already slowly coming to an end?
Cause it feels like there's still a ton of plot to happen.
Technically you can‘t get all endings in one playthrough. This is due to the heavy branching in endings that the dev wants to implement. Depending on which story paths you complete or don‘t complete, your ending will be different.

It‘s some time ago that I played through a version here, but with the remake on it‘s way I think there is still a lot of content that will be implemented.

does that mean we can access all of the content in a single playthrough if we do everything?
You can access pretty much everything but specific endings in one playthrough. Endings will differ, depending on your level of affection, depravity and which story paths you played through.

Atleast this is what I gathered from the dev answering my questions and in the patreon post that is linked above

• Sad
Reactions: GraveXMachina

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Technically you can‘t get all endings in one playthrough. This is due to the heavy branching in endings that the dev wants to implement. Depending on which story paths you complete or don‘t complete, your ending will be different.

It‘s some time ago that I played through a version here, but with the remake on it‘s way I think there is still a lot of content that will be implemented.

You can access pretty much everything but specific endings in one playthrough. Endings will differ, depending on your level of affection, depravity and which story paths you played through.

Atleast this is what I gathered from the dev answering my questions and in the patreon post that is linked above
That kinda sucks...

Right up till now, everything was pretty available.
The sudden change feels weird.

I don't really feel like restarting the whole game...

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
That kinda sucks...

It really depends on the dev, I guess. Difference between endings could go from additional characters with additional dialogue to something story changing, where in one ending people die (probably not, but exaggerated to describe) and in another ending everyone lives happily ever after.
Some Nier level stuff with ending A to Z.

If we talk about lewd scenes and romance, I‘m pretty sure everything will be available in one playthrough. I think the intention of the developer is to give players the freedom to pursue the girls they want and still have a coherent story. Hence my speculation that endings might only differ in what characters are present (the ones you focused on).My assumption is, doing everything for every character will unlock the best ending. And going for every character is what I was going to do anyway

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I would also assume - but this is nothing but a guess, I do not have any pertinent information - that a save "with everything" shortly before the end will allow you to access more or less all endings with just a few minor changes.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
The only way I see to reasonably develop a game that doesn't have a harem ending is that you can't have all endings in one route. I'm assuming that the endings are, e.g., "you end up with X" or "you end up with Y." Since these are mutually exclusive, there's no possibility of getting all of them without reversing a little and playing differently. Any other differences in endings are likely to be minor and not count as "I missed important content."

I'm not obsessed with getting all endings. I'll decide as I play which girl I want. If a couple are offered and I like both I'll take it. The ones I don't get I don't get. I have no doubt I'll be able to have fun with them on the journey to my final choice.

Important question on something that's been unclear until that devlog post (I may have missed some thread posts): the dev is working on a new implementation of the game and there's no point continuing (too late to "wait before starting") the current version because it will be completely replaced, and the current edition discontinued?

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
The only way I see to reasonably develop a game that doesn't have a harem ending is that you can't have all endings in one route. I'm assuming that the endings are, e.g., "you end up with X" or "you end up with Y." Since these are mutually exclusive, there's no possibility of getting all of them without reversing a little and playing differently. Any other differences in endings are likely to be minor and not count as "I missed important content."

I'm not obsessed with getting all endings. I'll decide as I play which girl I want. If a couple are offered and I like both I'll take it. The ones I don't get I don't get. I have no doubt I'll be able to have fun with them on the journey to my final choice.

Important question on something that's been unclear until that devlog post (I may have missed some thread posts): the dev is working on a new implementation of the game and there's no point continuing (too late to "wait before starting") the current version because it will be completely replaced, and the current edition discontinued?
Im working on the remake rn, with more quality of life improvement (better UI, better tips to progress, a character sheet for every habitant of Argleton, etc...). Some content is improved to make it easier to progress (At the beginning of the game there was a lot of room for improvement), it is not necessary to grind to get things that are necessary in the story or anything like that. So is the same game but better xD

I didn't want to continue adding content without first improving everything that needed to be improved. For that I made a feedback compilation and I want it to be as optimized as possible, after that new content will come.

The branching story was intended from the beginning of Lucky Paradox, only now it will be easier to visualize the type of progression you are doing. That was already done, so save games are compatible.

The ideal is to value the ending you have achieved. There are no good or bad endings. But if you play the game again after finishing it, everything takes on a different meaning :)

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
Does that mean we can't get al the endings in one playthrough?

Sorry, just sounds confusing...x.x
I'll just wait for the release.

Wait, so we're already slowly coming to an end?
Cause it feels like there's still a ton of plot to happen.
There is still a long way (TON of story) to go before the end of the story, but I always get asked about endings, so I just answered the question XD

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
That kinda sucks...

Is the same game. The routes have always existed, but now they will be presented in a better way (I hope)

The remake has no new content. It's the same game, but better. If you don't want to start over, you can wait for the 0.7 update and continue from there.

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017

Well, the harem ending is the easier to obtain and is quite intuitive to achieve. If it is the best or worst ending, that depends on each person who played the game. It is even possible to play the game as a harem without reaching the end xD

I am working on an improvement of the current game. The games will be compatible, the story is the same. But there were many things to improve and I didn't want to keep adding content. I have rewritten 70% of the code base of the game, to avoid future technical problems, as well as making the game easier to understand and play for the player. This will also allow me to add content more quickly in the future. I'm also adding new base features; like a calendar where you can see special themed events like Halloween, the girls birthday, etc..., the interface has been redone from scratch, so now you can even see all the girls in the game (including secondaries) with alternative clothes, a summary of their history and a lot of other details, there are many other details.

There was also a risk that the code would become unmanageable, making it more and more difficult to develop the game.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Is the same game. The routes have always existed, but now they will be presented in a better way (I hope)

The remake has no new content. It's the same game, but better. If you don't want to start over, you can wait for the 0.7 update and continue from there.
There were routes?

I'm sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, but by that you meant each girl having her own story or like choice based routes?

4.50 star(s) 104 Votes