steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
You are. The codes are either a testing thing or for if you change your mind.
You aren't just warned--which is what I said--you're also presented with a cheat code interface. Since I dug up the FCA and FCD code I know that it works. When I said what I said, it was out of not knowing if not interacting with the cheat interface would have gotten me the same end result.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
PTGames I just want to say that your characters are some of the most beautiful I've seen in any hgame - if not the most!
I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that you didn't go overboard trying to make their faces look "perfect" like a lot of creators do. They're all gorgeous, but in a realistic way.

Katie and Amy most of all - Katie's absolutely nails the girl-next-door look, and Amy's is just generally adorable in a way that somehow both contrasts with yet compliments her athletic build.

Hell, Amy is just an all-around adorable person, easily my favorite character so far. I love how open-minded the MC can choose to be about her dick, too - seems like most of the time if a male-protag game includes a futa or trans character, her dick is generally either ignored in her scenes or she's the only one that touches it. It's refreshing to have the option for the MC to not just be okay with it, but actually interact with it in order to give her all the pleasure he can.

On that note, I do hope there'll be more options like that - and in fact, maybe in the end, after falling in love with someone who accepts her as she is, maybe she'll even change her mind about wanting to get rid of it? ;)

EDIT: Totally unrelated, but I am rather embarrassed at just how long it took me to notice the phone icon for calling Claire to the pool... totally glad I did though, I'm liking the femdom vibes I'm getting from her~

Last edited:

PTGames

Developer of Lunar's Chosen
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Just posted a public post over on Patreon about changes to the update schedule of the game, take a read:

There's also now a Twitter where I'll be posting updates and such about the game

Last edited:

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I know only 4 releases in so not reviewing yet but it doesn't seem well planned out to me. Takes well over a month to get nowhere with flatmate with way to many once a week trigger events. Still not earning any real money from the three photo shoots and long way from hundred needed relatively early in the mages path for concentrated magic. The story line has not progressed in those nearly 6 weeks except from bad people might hurt you to one of the groups of bad people now have a name. The other 3 girls only have a few weeks of gameplay.... If you going to run a sandbox game in regular releases you have to balance content on all paths and you 6 weeks of gameplay and not even close to intimate is way to dragged out. Have to ask if there is a development plan and character timeline tree in place.
It is shame because premise is good, characters are interesting and writing seems solid even if bogged down.

EDIT except the gang doing extortion on a town gym to sell drugs...that's just stupid as is threat to destroy gym...firstly the risks for reward make zero sense the drugs gangs make money on will not move in that environment and performance enhancing drugs are not going to move in a small town gym. As business is built on loan the business insurance would be mandatory so the threat is empty. Not even going to go into the fighting a standover man.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Not to nitpick, but shouldn't the title to the game have an apostrophe in it? I mean, "Lunar" is possessive, not plural, so it should be "Lunar's Chosen" instead of what it currently is.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
I know only 4 releases in so not reviewing yet but it doesn't seem well planned out to me. Takes well over a month to get nowhere with flatmate with way to many once a week trigger events. Still not earning any real money from the three photo shoots and long way from hundred needed relatively early in the mages path for concentrated magic. The story line has not progressed in those nearly 6 weeks except from bad people might hurt you to one of the groups of bad people now have a name. The other 3 girls only have a few weeks of gameplay.... If you going to run a sandbox game in regular releases you have to balance content on all paths and you 6 weeks of gameplay and not even close to intimate is way to dragged out. Have to ask if there is a development plan and character timeline tree in place.
It is shame because premise is good, characters are interesting and writing seems solid even if bogged down.
The flatmate is meant to take a long time to progress with, she's meant to be who you interact with when there isn't much to do with other characters, mostly in the evenings.

The money right now isn't important, you don't actually need any income at all right now. In future updates when money is required, there will be faster ways of earning it.

As for the pace of the game, it's meant to be slower to develop relationships that most games here. Part of the goal is to make each relationship milestone feel like it's been earned. Sure, I could speed it up and have the player fuck each girl in the first couple of weeks, but there are already plenty of games that allow you to do that. I prefer the slower pace, which is part of why I made my own game. I know that's not what everyone enjoys, but that's fine. Not everyone will enjoy the game. That said, as development goes on, more repeatable events will be added, that'll have additional events that can be done once you reach certain points with each girl.

Finally, storywise, right now the player is just getting to know each girl. The main storyline is slowly progressing in the background and the next update will progress it further.

Not to nitpick, but shouldn't the title to the game have an apostrophe in it? I mean, "Lunar" is possessive, not plural, so it should be "Lunar's Chosen" instead of what it currently is.
It's sort of a play on words, is it talking about the main character being Lunar's Chosen, or is it a statement that she has chosen? and if so what?

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Well, today I learned. I might fix it eventually :p
Yep. Lunar has chosen would be a contraction removing the h and the a, which is denoted with an apostrophe.

Are you going to do other codes besides FCA and FCD? Because if you're not I don't need a cheat interface, I can just go to preferences and click a button that says "Enable Futa?".

Reactions: glitchling

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
The flatmate is meant to take a long time to progress with, she's meant to be who you interact with when there isn't much to do with other characters, mostly in the evenings.

The money right now isn't important, you don't actually need any income at all right now. In future updates when money is required, there will be faster ways of earning it.

As for the pace of the game, it's meant to be slower to develop relationships that most games here. Part of the goal is to make each relationship milestone feel like it's been earned. Sure, I could speed it up and have the player fuck each girl in the first couple of weeks, but there are already plenty of games that allow you to do that. I prefer the slower pace, which is part of why I made my own game. I know that's not what everyone enjoys, but that's fine. Not everyone will enjoy the game. That said, as development goes on, more repeatable events will be added, that'll have additional events that can be done once you reach certain points with each girl.

Finally, storywise, right now the player is just getting to know each girl. The main storyline is slowly progressing in the background and the next update will progress it further.

It's sort of a play on words, is it talking about the main character being Lunar's Chosen, or is it a statement that she has chosen? and if so what?
The fact you have nearly two months of content with one girl and only few weeks with rest of game is the issue, In a sandbox game especially you have to progress everything in parallel. You cant be sitting two weeks into the plot and all other characters while main girl has two months of clicking. To manage your arcs you need a time line for every arc and plot so they run in parallel. Seriously you are two months into gameplay getting pace set by your slowest developing relationship. Two months since you discovered magic and you had 3 "lessons" and not even really experimented. I have nothing against a slow build relationship but it can not set pace for your whole story.

I not trying to rain on your parade I trying to help. When you start getting one event a week while everyone else's content finished and relationship near 50 and no change in relationship there is a balancing issue. Your slowest character should have the least content not most. Money might not be implemented yet but you already set price on the crystallized magic even if can't buy yet and at rate you earn money at moment and rate photo shoots unlocking and only four girls the income projection that 100 dollars alone will take over a year as it takes nearly a month just to get to a topless shoot.

Reactions: HansDampf788

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Yep. Lunar has chosen would be a contraction removing the h and the a, which is denoted with an apostrophe.

Are you going to do other codes besides FCA and FCD? Because if you're not I don't need a cheat interface, I can just go to preferences and click a button that says "Enable Futa?".
There will be additional codes.

The fact you have nearly two months of content with one girl and only few weeks with rest of game is the issue, In a sandbox game especially you have to progress everything in parallel. You cant be sitting two weeks into the plot and all other characters while main girl has two months of clicking. To manage your arcs you need a time line for every arc and plot so they run in parallel. Seriously you are two months into gameplay getting pace set by your slowest developing relationship. Two months since you discovered magic and you had 3 "lessons" and not even really experimented. I have nothing against a slow build relationship but it can not set pace for your whole story.

I not trying to rain on your parade I trying to help. When you start getting one event a week while everyone else's content finished and relationship near 50 and no change in relationship there is a balancing issue. Your slowest character should have the least content not most. Money might not be implemented yet but you already set price on the crystallized magic even if can't buy yet and at rate you earn money at moment and rate photo shoots unlocking and only four girls the income projection that 100 dollars alone will take over a year as it takes nearly a month just to get to a topless shoot.
To be fair, content focus is decided by Patreon polls, not me. Every character gets some content each update, but the winner of the poll gets bigger focus. I do balance it a little by not allowing the winner of the poll to be an option in the next poll, but if people choose the same character every other poll, then their story will pull ahead. So far, Amy has won every poll she has been an option for so has more content than other characters.

That is also the reason why outside of Serena and Amy, no other characters storylines are currently linked. You can progress each character at whatever rate you want. So yes, currently you may be waiting for specific days for Katie, you can skip through to the days you want without penalty to other stories. Subsequently, if you want to ignore Katie and focus on another character (all of which have the chance to progress their story every day) you can do that too.

As it is, it doesn't really matter what speed people progress the characters at. And I said before, Katie is getting more events, some of which can be done early game and additional options in those events will open later as you progress her story. One of which will be in the next update. Unfortunately that's just the way development is. I'd love to have Katie have actions to be done every day, but that would mean focusing entirely on her and ignoring everyone else for an update or two as there are a lot of possible interactions to be added for her.

As you said, it's only 0.4, so hopefully you'll feel like things are less sluggish in a couple of versions.

• Sad

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
There will be additional codes.

To be fair, content focus is decided by Patreon polls, not me. Every character gets some content each update, but the winner of the poll gets bigger focus. I do balance it a little by not allowing the winner of the poll to be an option in the next poll, but if people choose the same character every other poll, then their story will pull ahead. So far, Amy has won every poll she has been an option for so has more content than other characters.

That is also the reason why outside of Serena and Amy, no other characters storylines are currently linked. You can progress each character at whatever rate you want. So yes, currently you may be waiting for specific days for Katie, you can skip through to the days you want without penalty to other stories. Subsequently, if you want to ignore Katie and focus on another character (all of which have the chance to progress their story every day) you can do that too.

As it is, it doesn't really matter what speed people progress the characters at. And I said before, Katie is getting more events, some of which can be done early game and additional options in those events will open later as you progress her story. One of which will be in the next update. Unfortunately that's just the way development is. I'd love to have Katie have actions to be done every day, but that would mean focusing entirely on her and ignoring everyone else for an update or two as there are a lot of possible interactions to be added for her.

As you said, it's only 0.4, so hopefully you'll feel like things are less sluggish in a couple of versions.
As I said I will hold off reviewing but you might want to take the reigns in own hands. If this disparity continues to grow it might not be noticed by existing players update by update but its going to be massive turn off to players playing from start. Also if content is based on votes on characters ow are you going to be advancing the story plot that is happening independent of characters? To have one story a month hed of every other arc in 4 updates is a lot of dead time in four updates and if people choose to skip ahead to just events then a lot of affection wasted. Most developers do these polls but its limited to a single scene requiring only a few renders or unique wallpapers not forfeiting control of game. A serious development plan and a timeline tree are important in any form of storytelling.

Anyway good luck and I really hope you get to tell the story you want.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
If this disparity continues to grow it might not be noticed by existing players update by update but its going to be massive turn off to players playing from start. Also if content is based on votes on characters ow are you going to be advancing the story plot that is happening independent of characters?

Anyway good luck and I really hope you get to tell the story you want.
This is true and also why I've changed the release schedule, so I can have more time to fill in content I think is required to keep things balanced and also why the polls don't dictate the only content being implemented each update. For example, say one character wins the poll, they'll get maybe 5-6 scenes where as the others will get 3. But if one starts lagging behind, I could change it so the winner gets 6, the one behind gets 4 and the rest get 2. At least, that's the plan.

Previously I was aiming for monthly updates, but that's not really reasonable anymore. Because as you said, one character could fall behind and with limit time, I would have to choose, keep content in the update equal or add more to that character but sacrifice an update for another character.

I will keep in mind what you have said and keep more of an eye on the balance of how much story each character has. The only character really immune to this and who has received the most average amount of content each update is Serena, as she is the most attached to the main story.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
the futa content can't be disabled anymore?
You should still have the option, when you first see Amy in the shower. Or using the code FCD in the cheat menu

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
A Redhead.... No, Lunar had white Hear. She is an Angel with name.... Angela.... why not. That must be Angela
Her name is Amber (that was the name that won the Patreon poll) :D

Also, I should announce that V0.5 is now live for $10+ Patreons!

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes