PTGames

Developer of Lunar's Chosen
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
got a question, does Episode 2 not have an option to change your own name? if you swapped it in episode 1, it gives some continuity errors, it's why I ask. and I haven't found an option yet
It does if you do the intro, I forgot to add it to the skip intro option.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Does the Ipatch not work anymore? I remember early days in the game there was some patched dialogue that made Katie your sister but have not seen any in a long time. Did it all just get removed, so the patch is pointless now? :unsure:
Have not patched my Steam version in a while though, so it's possible the patch was removed during a Steam update.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Does the Ipatch not work anymore? I remember early days in the game there was some patched dialogue that made Katie your sister but have not seen any in a long time. Did it all just get removed, so the patch is pointless now? :unsure:
Have not patched my Steam version in a while though, so it's possible the patch was removed during a Steam update.
There is no patch yet for Chapter 2. The current patch is for Chapter 1 only. Chapter 2 has had only one content release thus far. I would expect a patch to appear within the next 1-3 content releases I think, ie when there is sufficient existing content to justify it's existence.

Kreeto

Sep 28, 2022
Hey guys what is the swinging scene in the game. Will mc share the girls with another guys and if so, is it optional or not. Thanks

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
There is no patch yet for Chapter 2. The current patch is for Chapter 1 only. Chapter 2 has had only one content release thus far. I would expect a patch to appear within the next 1-3 content releases I think, ie when there is sufficient existing content to justify it's existence.
I was talking about part 1. Have not played part 2 yet at all. Were some references, to Katie being MC's sister in early days with the patch, but then it just stops. He never introduces her to his friends as his sister, and it's not really in any of their dialogue during sexy time. Like it was scrubbed, and the patch is now meaningless. Makes me sad. :cry:
Looks like, if someone wants to do a proper Ipatch, they will have to rewrite a bunch of dialogue, as the flag doesn't really change much anymore.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
I was talking about part 1. Have not played part 2 yet at all. Were some references, to Katie being MC's sister in early days with the patch, but then it just stops. He never introduces her to his friends as his sister, and it's not really in any of their dialogue during sexy time. Like it was scrubbed, and the patch is now meaningless. Makes me sad. :cry:
Looks like, if someone wants to do a proper Ipatch, they will have to rewrite a bunch of dialogue, as the flag doesn't really change much anymore.
I can't say I've noticed that. Plus I remember points towards the end of Chapter 1 where the MC and Katie talked about their mother coming to visit. This is probably a stupid question but I assume you are using the V0.25+ patch yes?

Reactions: Kitec167

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I can't say I've noticed that. Plus I remember points towards the end of Chapter 1 where the MC and Katie talked about their mother coming to visit. This is probably a stupid question but I assume you are using the V0.25+ patch yes?
Using the patch from Lewdpatcher, pretty sure that's what it's called. They work for most games. It's just a variable flag, and it used to work, but I think it doesn't anymore. Maybe Dev decided to retcon out the incest for some reason. :unsure:
Saw a patch 2, but assumed it was for part 2, so didn't use it.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Using the patch from Lewdpatcher, pretty sure that's what it's called. They work for most games. It's just a variable flag, and it used to work, but I think it doesn't anymore. Maybe Dev decided to retcon out the incest for some reason. :unsure:
Saw a patch 2, but assumed it was for part 2, so didn't use it.
Lunar's Chosen is not an incest game, MC and Katie were never intended to be brother and sister, hence a simple taboo true/false variable does not work and instead the script needs to be re-written to include familial reference

If the script for for Season 1 contains any references to MC and Katie's relationship that were added after 0.25 the patch won't alter them as it only contains the re-written script up to that point

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
Lunar's Chosen is not an incest game, MC and Katie were never intended to be brother and sister, hence a simple taboo true/false variable does not work and instead the script needs to be re-written to include familial reference

If the script for for Season 1 contains any references to MC and Katie's relationship that were added after 0.25 the patch won't alter them as it only contains the re-written script up to that point

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yet there is an incest tag....I went back and looked its still there

Reactions: Mihawk_80

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
yet there is an incest tag....I went back and looked its still there
Midlife Crisis is an incest game, the relationships between the MC and his wife to the young 'tenants' is clearly familial but can't be released that way on Patreon so a patch is required that switches the taboo content on

Lunar's Chosen is not an incest game so, in order to make it one, the script needs to be re-written anytime it mentions how MC and Katie know each other and the patch is only valid until a new version is released; a switch does not work because the taboo content is not included in the actual code of the game

The tag being there means fuck all unless the dev added it or asked for it to be included; any game with an ipatch will have the incest tag regardless of the dev's intent

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
The tag being there means fuck all unless the dev added it or asked for it to be included; any game with an ipatch will have the incest tag regardless of the dev's intent
Out of curiosity has the dev come down and said anything on this subject one way or the other anywhere. I know on this sort of subject there is a lot of inference, doublespeak and statements formed in such a way as to provide plausible deniability so I wouldn't expect a straightforward statement but is there anything.

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes