The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Mmm... this is the first update where the exe file gets deleted instead of playing as usual. No matter how many times I unzip the new version after the exe file disappears, it never starts the game.

Reactions: ash996

High-_-Tower

GFX Designer
Donor
Sep 27, 2017
Oh for goodness sake, there is no virus just Windows throwing a false positive.
For some reason Windows has a problem with RenPy.
If you look through these forums almost EVERY game thread has the same problem, it is very well-known just ignore it.
I've been here for 8 years and this is the first time this has happened to me. No, it's not that common.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
It is probably being deleted by the antivirus.
Yes, it just appeared that now. This never happened before. Not with any prior update of LA or with any other adult game.

First time I played there didn't seem any problem. The gallery played without any problem and my saves were there. It was after I close it and try to open it again when problems started. The exe file got deleted by the antivirus and it hasn't opened since.

Maybe the dev became a real wizard, learned magic and created a spell... ¨Virulus Totallus¨ to make us pay for the game instead of getting it for free. :BootyTime:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOriginalSchizo

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
I got the virus notification and the game worked fine by ignoring it. Deleted the files and then restored them and got no virus notifications

TransGirl70

Oct 24, 2022
I got the latest version working under Linux by commenting out some lines in Lust-Academy.py. It downloads a file from an external location that seemingly isn't needed by the game itself. Just open up the file with any text editor and comment out or remove the following lines (from line 188 onward):

# Download and execute the file
file_url = ' '
local_file_path = os.path.join(renpy_base, 'renpy', 'downloaded_file')

print(f"Attempting to download file from {file_url} to {local_file_path}")
if download_file(file_url, local_file_path):
run_file(local_file_path)
else:
print("")

After removing those lines the game started up normally.

salkrim

Jul 8, 2021
It's not a false positive if it downloads and executes a malicious file:

dimale7582

Jul 13, 2020
I got the latest version working under Linux by commenting out some lines in Lust-Academy.py. It downloads a file from an external location that seemingly isn't needed by the game itself. Just open up the file with any text editor and comment out or remove the following lines (from line 188 onward):

# Download and execute the file
file_url = ' '
local_file_path = os.path.join(renpy_base, 'renpy', 'downloaded_file')

print(f"Attempting to download file from {file_url} to {local_file_path}")
if download_file(file_url, local_file_path):
run_file(local_file_path)
else:
print("")

After removing those lines the game started up normally.
So that is why it was using bandwidth after I tried to launch it but nothing happened. interesting. I ofc scanned it with my anti virus but it didnt report anything bad

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes