Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Bear in the Night - I'm running Linux Mint 20 and I downloaded the PC version from both MEGA and GDRIVE. Neither one starts. It looks like it wants to start full screen then shuts down instantly without any error. In the log file, it stops at "windowed mode".

Code:
Sat Dec 19 11:49:48 2020
Linux-5.4.0-58-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.09s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.02s
Loading error handling took 0.03s
Loading script took 0.20s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.00s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 3, 5)
Running init code took 0.11s
Loading analysis data took 0.04s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.01s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.03s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
Creating interface object took 0.45s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.07s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.04s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.16s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.05s

primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1600, 900)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Try to update your video drivers, should help

kippei

Nov 25, 2017
The name sounds familiar.
It reminds me so much of Lust Hero. Even the first pic reminds me of my fav girl there, Beatrice (started as an Emma Watson lookalike for me), that you encounter in the University. Hoping great stuff from this.

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
Very good-looking game.
However, the text was very difficult to read against some of the backgrounds - needs tweaking perhaps?

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Nice renders but no lewd content apart from watching asshole daddy fuck moms face(unskippable) and watching sister masturbate. See you in a year. :HideThePain:
(quoting cause relevant to the comment I want to make but not a direct reply)

Bear in the Night yeah just a suggestion.... make that mom bj scene optional, especially if you gonna have incest (I see the tag but also patreon so could go either way).

Cause most people into the cest but not NTR... tend to get turned off games that do that :| especially if it is forced. (and can seem like it is only there to add some sex content which makes them hate it more) You can show the dad is an asshole without having him fuck her mouth ("rape her mouth" if it was forced).

Zero919

May 2, 2017
(quoting cause relevant to the comment I want to make but not a direct reply)

Bear in the Night yeah just a suggestion.... make that mom bj scene optional, especially if you gonna have incest (I see the tag but also patreon so could go either way).

Cause most people into the cest but not NTR... tend to get turned off games that do that :| especially if it is forced. (and can seem like it is only there to add some sex content which makes them hate it more) You can show the dad is an asshole without having him fuck her mouth ("rape her mouth" if it was forced).
in general it is not clear why this scene was needed :unsure: it would have been better without it.
and it is better in the future to make images from Lustagram to open in a larger size and somehow increase the text

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Ok, I tried but gave up (for now) when there was no option to decline peeking on Ashley(I think), which was completely discouraging for me. I'd like to ask if that will be pattern for future? Is this going to be one of those forced "mc gets them all" game or all of the females will be completely optional, in terms of doing funny bussiness with them?
Does this "open world with an option to choose what girl you want to spend time with" means that?
It's like mixed signals... It says we can choose girls, than I download game and find out that MC is forced to do perving on one of the characters... :cry:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I would set to enjoy the game, kicked off really well, good graphics and all, then...boom, Mam's dead...so I close the game, sad really.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Ok, I tried but gave up (for now) when there was no option to decline peeking on Ashley(I think), which was completely discouraging for me. I'd like to ask if that will be pattern for future? Is this going to be one of those forced "mc gets them all" game or all of the females will be completely optional, in terms of doing funny bussiness with them?
Does this "open world with an option to choose what girl you want to spend time with" means that?
It's like mixed signals... It says we can choose girls, than I download game and find out that MC is forced to do perving on one of the characters... :cry:
Right now, it's prologue in VN style. When the open-world starts you could choose the girl you liked and there won't be forced moments.
But, anyways - thanks for your comment :)

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Right now, it's prologue in VN style. When the open-world starts you could choose the girl you liked and there won't be forced moments.
But, anyways - thanks for your comment :)
Thanks for clarification. If no forced moments that's excellent.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
running mx linux and everything is upto date proper video drivers the whole 9 yards and having issues trying to play
tried with wine and then tried playon linux and still wont go looks like it wants to but just wont go.

UPDATED:
just tried to run the .sh file and never done that before BUT it to is fucked
Dave@Toshiba:~/Downloads/Lust-Academy-0.1.1-pc
$ ./Lust-Academy.sh
X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
Major opcode of failed request: 66 (X_PolySegment)
Serial number of failed request: 168
Current serial number in output stream: 168
Dave@Toshiba:~/Downloads/Lust-Academy-0.1.1-pc
$

Last edited:

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Kinda hoping Olivia content will be male dom or some kinky shit like that and not romantic stuff. I am digging her looks but after seeing her get used like a sex toy by an asshole of a character vanilla romance with her will feel too icky for me. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusher56
3.80 star(s) 156 Votes