kendrickzl

Mar 11, 2023
I have a question. I'm playing season 2, I made progress with Elijah and he asked me to be his boyfriend, but I rejected him. I don't want to pursue his route. What I want to know is if I don't do his missions, will it affect the main missions?

May 2, 2020
I have a question. I'm playing season 2, I made progress with Elijah and he asked me to be his boyfriend, but I rejected him. I don't want to pursue his route. What I want to know is if I don't do his missions, will it affect the main missions?
You can reject him or turn off the LGBT filter, the main story is not affected by that

• Red Heart
Reactions: kendrickzl

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
You can still do his quests without becoming his boyfriend,
His quest, sometimes involves you with one of the other L.I's (Haley/ Willow),
So you may want to carry on doing his quest without becoming his boyfriend,

• Red Heart
Reactions: kendrickzl

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 3495931 What model is used for this character? Thank you
You likely will have better luck asking this question over on the Identification Forum. If you don't find it by searching for something like Lust Academy model or similar, you can post a new thread and link to the OP of this game thread for reference. On that forum, you're likely to find more people who know names of Daz models than you'll find here.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Weekly DevBlog update 01/04

Dear Witches & Wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!
But first, here's a little dad joke our elders used to tell in their youth:
What do you call a Wizard who spouts misleading, biased information of a political nature?
Propagandalf!

We know that jokes always go best sided with updated news, and we have one for you: it's time for information on Lust Academy season 3 v.3.9.1. beta:
Also, here's the list of what we've done in the previous week:
Finished 76 renders with Samantha, Grace, Eva and Ashley for version 3.10.1
Retouched 74 renders to maximize their magical atmosphere
Finished 3 amazing 60fps animations for version 3.10.1
Finished sound design for version 3.9.1 beta
Finished script for Ashley's for version 3.10.1
Finished script for Samantha's for version 3.10.1
That's it for today! Stay tuned for more information, and have a great week!
Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
It was interesting trying to get up w Penny in Dale.

It said to meet her at the Cafe, however, there isn't a cafe so that was unique.
It would be nice if that wording were changed a bit.

I had to speak w Ahchi at the coffe shop several times before being able to ask
about Penny. I had to explain to him 2 or 3 times that I was just back from winter break.

I ended up going several weekends before figuring out some of this partly
because the game keeps telling me there is no more content for Penny.
It also was telling me there was no content with Ahchi.

So, anywho...back to the story! lol

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
It was interesting trying to get up w Penny in Dale.

It said to meet her at the Cafe, however, there isn't a cafe so that was unique.

about Penny. I had to explain to him 2 or 3 times that I was just back from winter break.

I ended up going several weekends before figuring out some of this partly
because the game keeps telling me there is no more content for Penny.
It also was telling me there was no content with Ahchi.

So, anywho...back to the story! lol
the café is the coffee shop, i think.

Reactions: Forgotted

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah, feel free to tag me once you played S3 :)
We know about some issues in S2 and S1 and hope we doing better in S3
you need to work a ton on the actual quality of the phrasing itself. the English in the game is really bad. it's immersion breaking, especially in season 1, almost gave up mid way. it improved a little bit in season 2, but barely in season 3. it takes away a lot from the game. and it's a pity because the game itself is really ok. story and characters could use more depth and more focus instead of adding more characters that will stay superficial.
also, in season 1 and 2, the founders play a big part, but now that MC is linked to them all, they barely make any screentime in season 3, it's weird. they should be even more consulted or active (and i say that even though i don't really like them)

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Yup. Sorry, I wasn't complaining in #8150
just noting things....since you're probably bored between releases! lol

Also, I honestly forgot I was still in Season 2...lol.... just putting along....

Thanks everyone!
Cheers

Where is the Dev group from?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

about Penny.
At least in America, coffee shop is very often used interchangeably with café. While there are some differences, generally the only real notable ones are that typically cafés include more substantial food (even meals sometimes), while coffee shops focus on coffee or tea and include only small confectionaries (like muffins or scones). I'm sure it's different in other parts of the world, but when someone says "coffee shop" and someone else says "café" — and there's only one place in town really that specializes in serving coffee — it's assumed in the United States that they both are talking about the same place. An American being very particular about the distinction is often seen as more of an elitist / snobby type, making distinctions that are mostly unimportant.

Reactions: Enyse

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
At least in America, coffee shop is very often used interchangeably with café. While there are some differences, generally the only real notable ones are that typically cafés include more substantial food (even meals sometimes), while coffee shops focus on coffee or tea and include only small confectionaries (like muffins or scones). I'm sure it's different in other parts of the world, but when someone says "coffee shop" and someone else says "café" — and there's only one place in town really that specializes in serving coffee — it's assumed in the United States that they both are talking about the same place. An American being very particular about the distinction is often seen as more of an elitist / snobby type, making distinctions that are mostly unimportant.
Ineresting you think like that.

Down here where I live, however, there aren't any coffee shops but several cafe's. Vera's and Midway are in the next couple of towns over. If you want to go to a 'coffee' shop you will have to drive to the city which is a couple hours or more depending on which direction you go. The cafe's around here serve the best southern food I've ever had, fried chicken and chicken fried steaks being up there on my list without the collards... In the mornings you can get some killer SoS. Most of these joints are family owned and have been around forever and a day.
One popular thing is still fried chicken and waffles...Yuck.... But otherwise, just good ole greasy spoons! and mostly still called cafe's

Anywho..
Cheers

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ineresting you think like that.

Down here where I live, however, there aren't any coffee shops but several cafe's. Vera's and Midway are in the next couple of towns over. If you want to go to a 'coffee' shop you will have to drive to the city which is a couple hours or more depending on which direction you go. The cafe's around here serve the best southern food I've ever had, fried chicken and chicken fried steaks being up there on my list without the collards... In the mornings you can get some killer SoS. Most of these joints are family owned and have been around forever and a day.
One popular thing is still fried chicken and waffles...Yuck.... But otherwise, just good ole greasy spoons! and mostly still called cafe's

Anywho..
Cheers
It's not just me who thinks like that. You can search online and find several articles saying that the words are very often used interchangeably (but then also make distinctions between the two). I've also been to a large number of states in America, and I see very little distinction between the two, despite what some folks claim. Like I say, it's very common wherever I've been in America. Sure, some regions might vary to different degrees: the nation is a pretty sizable one, after all.

Your description only underscores what I was saying. Those places in your area are mostly all called cafés and you don't really have coffee shops there. That's fair enough. Still, if an out-of-towner asked about a "coffee shop", wouldn't you assume they meant "a place to get coffee" and so point them to a café? Or would you really reply with something like, "Well, we don't have any 'coffee shops'," and then act as if you can't help them at all even though there's a café nearby? You yourself were able to work out that the location what Ahchi's, so I see no problem with it as it is. As I said, if the response is in the vein of, "Well, technically...." — one of the least necessary things to say in reply — a person comes off as well-to-do, arrogant, or intentionally difficult. Shrug.png

It is what it is. It's why most people I've met use the terms interchangeably. They might only ever say "café" themselves, but when someone else says "coffee shop", they don't get hung up on technicalities. It's also why I disagree with you: the wording doesn't need to be changed at all IMO.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I honestly couldn't care less what they call it. I would prefer that they call it the same
thing throughout the story, or at least mix and match from the beginning. It's a coffee shop
through the story then suddenly it's a cafe in the hints/quest section. I'm not sure, but I think
it's been call a coffee shop every time since. I may have missed it since then if they called it a cafe again.
I also don't really care that much. I was just mentioning it for them in case they had forgotten about fixing
it. There are so many problems with the writing though, spelling/grammer, I doubt the cafe thing is on their
todo list. They are bringing in a lot of money now and could probably afford an editor. But again...not a big
deal their game but would be nice.

I've finally almost caught up and am in the third release now. They are doing much better but there are still
some really weird phrases and such.

Are you the primary developer or do you work on it somewhere else, like graphics?
Wish I could do graphics stuff...

Cheers

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I honestly couldn't care less what they call it. I would prefer that they call it the same
thing throughout the story, or at least mix and match from the beginning. It's a coffee shop
through the story then suddenly it's a cafe in the hints/quest section. I'm not sure, but I think
it's been call a coffee shop every time since. I may have missed it since then if they called it a cafe again.
I also don't really care that much. I was just mentioning it for them in case they had forgotten about fixing
it. There are so many problems with the writing though, spelling/grammer, I doubt the cafe thing is on their
todo list. They are bringing in a lot of money now and could probably afford an editor. But again...not a big
deal their game but would be nice.

I've finally almost caught up and am in the third release now. They are doing much better but there are still
some really weird phrases and such.

Are you the primary developer or do you work on it somewhere else, like graphics?
Wish I could do graphics stuff...

Cheers
If you're asking me, I am not associated with the project at all, other than as a player of the game. I proofread for other projects, but this is not one of them. I do agree that the writing is somewhat better but still has very odd turns of phrase or even occasionally misused words. I feel like the writer(s) know English but it's definitely not their native language. So, without a native-speaker proofreading for them, mistakes are to be expected. (And no, I am not volunteering for the task: I have far too much on my plate right now to try to add more proofreading to it.)

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
you need to work a ton on the actual quality of the phrasing itself. the English in the game is really bad. it's immersion breaking, especially in season 1, almost gave up mid way. it improved a little bit in season 2, but barely in season 3. it takes away a lot from the game. and it's a pity because the game itself is really ok. story and characters could use more depth and more focus instead of adding more characters that will stay superficial.
also, in season 1 and 2, the founders play a big part, but now that MC is linked to them all, they barely make any screentime in season 3, it's weird. they should be even more consulted or active (and i say that even though i don't really like them)
Let's talk more about S3. We know about S1 and S2, but now we focus more on S3

Do you have some examples of "bad English" in S3?
It's much easier to understand the problem with some real examples, which we can send to our proofreaders, and I hope to fix this problem.

Reactions: MarsUltor and HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Let's talk more about S3. We know about S1 and S2, but now we focus more on S3

Do you have some examples of "bad English" in S3?
It's much easier to understand the problem with some real examples, which we can send to our proofreaders, and I hope to fix this problem.
sure. once 3.9.1d is out and i play it, i'll provide some

3.80 star(s) 156 Votes