czertik

Apr 25, 2018
when tring to start a game i get this
yeah, instead of full route i shortended it with ..

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 430, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 890, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2543, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 179, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\game.py", line 280, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\..\Lust_and_Power-1.2.a_bugfix2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2519, in interact
i()
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Lust and Power 1.2.a_bugfix

josie

May 5, 2017
I had to completely restart with this update to get rid of those error messages. The dev must have changed some background variables

iamslime

Jul 25, 2017
I had to completely restart with this update to get rid of those error messages. The dev must have changed some background variables
I think someone said this earlier in the thread, but the cause of those errors is probably due to your save trying to load files/images from a different version, and the version you're playing now doesn't have those files/images.

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
Well, if they aren't skipping this month, they are already 10 days past due date. I can't help but wonder, how can the development be so slow with them earning almost $2k/mo?

josie

May 5, 2017
The worrisome thing is that there doesn't seem to be much content. Maybe 3-4 scenes per month .

Perhaps they are doing a major release?

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
The worrisome thing is that there doesn't seem to be much content. Maybe 3-4 scenes per month .

Perhaps they are doing a major release?
That's what I'm talking about. And I had the same thought as you back when it was version 8 or 9. I thought that version 10 would be a huge update, but I stopped believing that. It's just that they do small updates.

EDIT: And I hope they will prove me wrong.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
The art is hand made, how much you make per month cant really speed that up. It just takes time to draw thing...

that said... this guy always takes forever to drop tiny ass updates, get used to it. Its probably late because he's off on some new anti-cheat crusade again.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
Moreover, 1.8k$/mo (1.6k€/mo) isn't so great for 3 people working on it. Well, it mostly depends from where they are from, of course, but here, in western europe, that is kinda bad. There are 3 guys (coder, artist, writer), which makes it at 600$/mo (not even 540€/mo) for each one of them. Here that is not even a part time job, since you still have to pay taxes, where a part time job (and not even a good one!) gives probably around the same amount, but net.

Edit: I had to correct the values, because I made calculations based on 2k$, then checked, found 1.8k$, but forgot to update the other values.

Jubberwocky

May 13, 2017
Sad news for those who doesn't know yet.
Here the download link for 1.3 for you guys

He also says:

Don't use old saves in this version, they won't work.

Changelog:

- intro was totally chahged
- the texts of Emma and Kelly were changed a little. Now they are not related to the main character.
- added + 1 location: the base of the Demonhunters
- added + 1 random character - Demonhunter raider
- added + 1 character - the inner voice of the main character
- added + 1 character - The boss of the Demonhunters
- added new Demonhunter quests
- added + 1 new item - an amulet that essentually increases your chances to avoid damage while charged (click on it in your inventory to charge)
- added new house map interface
- added new town map interface

3.00 star(s) 80 Votes