Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
Just tried this game after 3 or 4 years and wtf? I thought you guys were joking but no it actually has less content! Such a waste for an otherwise interesting concept.

Reactions: libertypics
Nov 7, 2017
All those who are complaining and want to know what's going on with the dev and why all the old content hasn't restored yet then here. These are the dev own words from their posts on their page. If you still think they're milking patrons then be my guess I don't care.

"Great thanks for your support! We really appreciate that you still support us even when update takes so much time."

"Thanks for still supporting me, guys. It's really surprising (especially after such a long silence from me) and inspiring. You make this game development possible."

"Sorry for being silent for the recent month, sometimes I'm just in the circumstances where I can't keep you informed, but I always try to see to any opportunity to fix it. Thank you for your patience and for your support."

"I'm being terribly ill so the nearest 2 days I won't answer any your messages, but I plan to recover and read all your messages and answer to them. Well, I doubt I'll fully recover actually, but at least I'll be able to start work and answer messages."

"Hi everyone, it seems the nearest time I'll have the opportunity to be online all the time, so I'm going to make a frequent reports to keep you informed about what exactly we do. I'll be updating this post from time to time, maybe every two days or ten, because no one likes long silence from the developer, right?"

"Hi guys, it took longer then I expected, but most of the work is done successfully. We had to reject the old coding of the game and create a totally new program code, and that was the hardest part of the task. I really underestimated how much time it takes. Endless tests, bugs, errors, corrections and new tests… Anyway, all mechanics and interface work fine now and we can start restoring all the old content combining it with new mechanics and features. The things will go faster starting from today."

"Thank you for your patience and for your support. It's still hard to name the exact date of new version release, but our work never stops thanks to you guys!"

hubaba

Oct 29, 2019
With all displeasure shown on forums I think there is only one solution left for this game, to make a re-rework. After all those years rework is getting outdated, code is getting spaghetti and bloated, main artist still not in mood to draw new content, sister tits are getting saggy. Clearly need to re-release it all over again. At start it's funny to think about, then sad because dev may actually do that. Or funny and then even funnier, depends on you :D

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
All those who are complaining and want to know what's going on with the dev and why all the old content hasn't restored yet then here. These are the dev own words from their posts on their page. If you still think they're milking patrons then be my guess I don't care.

"Great thanks for your support! We really appreciate that you still support us even when update takes so much time."

"Thanks for still supporting me, guys. It's really surprising (especially after such a long silence from me) and inspiring. You make this game development possible."

"Sorry for being silent for the recent month, sometimes I'm just in the circumstances where I can't keep you informed, but I always try to see to any opportunity to fix it. Thank you for your patience and for your support."

"I'm being terribly ill so the nearest 2 days I won't answer any your messages, but I plan to recover and read all your messages and answer to them. Well, I doubt I'll fully recover actually, but at least I'll be able to start work and answer messages."

"Hi everyone, it seems the nearest time I'll have the opportunity to be online all the time, so I'm going to make a frequent reports to keep you informed about what exactly we do. I'll be updating this post from time to time, maybe every two days or ten, because no one likes long silence from the developer, right?"

"Hi guys, it took longer then I expected, but most of the work is done successfully. We had to reject the old coding of the game and create a totally new program code, and that was the hardest part of the task. I really underestimated how much time it takes. Endless tests, bugs, errors, corrections and new tests… Anyway, all mechanics and interface work fine now and we can start restoring all the old content combining it with new mechanics and features. The things will go faster starting from today."

"Thank you for your patience and for your support. It's still hard to name the exact date of new version release, but our work never stops thanks to you guys!"
There's a sucker born every minute.

Deleted member 827972

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018

"hey guys sorry i played league so much today so i could do shit"
"hey guys sorry today released a milf city new update so i could do shit"
"hey guys"
"sorry guys"
" thanks for being idiots"
" thanks family for being losers"

translated to u guys

ThisKitty

Jun 7, 2017
Saw the changelog, came here for the shitposting. Thanks for not disappointing me.

The perpetual apology mill was exactly what I'd expected. From the development side of things, there's very few possible reasons why a code rewrite would take this long:
  1. Dev has no fucking clue how to dev and regularly fucks shit up.
  2. Dev hasn't planned out their changes and continually rewrite them, which is a massive waste of time.
  3. Dev spends all his time doing other stuff, like rewriting scenes and dialog. But not new art, because there's not much of that.
  4. Dev spends most of their time rubbing a layer of skin off their intimate legos, watching streams, playing games, and fucking around.
  5. Dev has a different job and spends < 5 hours a week on this.

Keep in mind that the scenes they're adding back in aren't that different from the old scenes. There's not much new art. It's just new/reordered dialog and a bunch of revamped spaghetti python code. It is *not* that fucking hard to refactor the code you wrote for a single project to add new features unless you fucking suck. Even if you're discarding all the old dialogue and story code, you could rescue a lot of it with some judicious use of regex. Rewriting it from scratch pisses me off.

The other thing is when you're refactoring, you do it in stages. Split your spaghetti shit into separate files and call them from another new file. Rewrite individual pieces file by file, sharing code where possible. Add in something small and new to keep people happy. Release every 2-3 weeks. They could have done the rewrite without removing this many features if Fucking Hedgehog had his shit together.

Dfgjjkl

Jul 30, 2017
Being a 2D dev is a dream job, there's no boss or supervisor, there's no responsibility, you can milk the same idea for 10 years, you can always abandon your project and go live in the Bahamas. The best part - it's all legal, you get paid thousands for providing nothing to your supporters and as long as you pay taxes you're good.

Rezan

Sep 1, 2017
Let's see. This game from 2017, and it is a version with art from the previous game that was very similar. It has already gone through, as far as I know, three reforms where the progress of art and history starts again, due to the unnecessary addition of mechanics, without any real progress in the game in these 6 years of development. During all this time, he has earned an average of 3,000 dollars per month, more than enough to hire someone to code in renpy if he wanted to, and dedicate himself to art, which is the only irreplaceable thing. I assure you, I put money on the table, that if he charged by result, instead of monthly, suddenly the problems would run out, and the versions of the game would advance biweekly.

LB1990

Jan 11, 2020

It's like a simp enjoying the fews pics and the 2 private message she gave you for 19,99$ on OnlyFan

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
I know that the dev is not just milking patrons. That's ridiculous. I'm not an idiot for supporting them thank you, plus I just resubscribe to them and it has been a while they made some big progress especially restoring Jessica's content and yes they had to redone things for the game to add new mechanics and interface. This is why it's taking them so long updating the game and what I've learned they're mostly making this game by themselves. All devs are different and yes some take longer than others, many of them have personal lives out of their jobs too. Sometimes their personal lives get in the way. It takes time to render scenes and coding in Ren'Py. Yes it can take all day to render scenes and can wear you out. I don't think you realize sometimes it take years to develop a good game and do you want them rush through and make a poor game? I know they draw the characters in this particular game not just render the scenes and the coding, writing the story and dialogue in Ren'Py. Don't assume they're just milking people. You don't have to support this game if you don't want to you always can cancel. That's your choice. Again I'm not an idiot for supporting them, thank you. And seriously many devs here have not started their 4th or 5th game by now or have finished those games. I know that for sure. You're exaggerating there. Lol
Hey dude your opinion fucking sucks and you are wrong, but from where is your fan sign? I cant find any "The colector by LDN games" anywhere but looks really good. Anyway, he is scaming them, and you if you are paying him. Have a good day.

lbt

Dec 14, 2016
" - Added Jessica's intro scene (when you meet her first time) "

Long way to Tipperary

Nov 7, 2017
Hey dude your opinion fucking sucks and you are wrong, but from where is your fan sign? I cant find any "The colector by LDN games" anywhere but looks really good. Anyway, he is scaming them, and you if you are paying him. Have a good day.
Yeah I'm fucking wrong, my opinion sucks and they're scamming right. If they were then Patreon already would've removed them. Again whatever. I'm a total idiot responding to any of you who ganged up on me for expressing an opinion even how unpopular it is. I get a lot of you're upset and disappointed with this game because I stopped subscribing for a while too and I don't believe that they're scamming at all but who has made mistakes and hurt their game rep. I still like the game, I still kept v0.37 and still hope it will be all restored at some point but if it doesn't then it won't. I'm done defending this dev or this game. I changed my sign because I'm working on my own game. "The Collector" is the name of my game and LDN Games is the studio I made up.

Last edited:

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah I'm fucking wrong, my opinion sucks and they're scamming right. If they were then Patreon already would've removed them. Again whatever. I'm a total idiot responding to any of you who ganged up on me for expressing an opinion even how unpopular it is. I get a lot of you're upset and disappointed with this game because I stopped subscribing for a while too and I don't believe that they're scamming at all but who has made mistakes and hurt their game rep. I still like the game, I still kept v0.37 and still hope it will be all restored at some point but if it doesn't then it won't. I'm done defending this dev or this game. I changed my sign because I'm working on my own game. "The Collector" is the name of my game and LDN Games is the studio I made up.
Lol, no one "gang out" on you, everyone gave their own point of why you were wrong. I have never seen a better mannered forum than F95, and literally no one even said a rude word to you until me, and i did it more as a joke that sincerly.
And you know, that Patreon doesnt close their patreon already doesnt prove that is not a scam, just that is a succesful scam. If you like previous versions and they are intentionally deleting the progress of the version you like in the first place, why are you even defending him/they?
Anyway, good luck with your game, it looks interesting, and i sincerly hope you can make it work! Probably will be a lot better than this scam here.

Liara

Jun 28, 2017
Bug: there's an unescaped variable in "Mmm... I actually haven't gotten used to strinng in the emma_bedroom."

3.00 star(s) 80 Votes