VN Ren'Py Lust Campus [C3 Final] [RedLolly]

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I get a bit worried when checking the patreon and see they want to see a minimum of 2500 USD a month to keep work on the project or they will cancel it. Imho that is not the right way to entice people to support the project. Adult games on patreon build a fan base and grow income over time.

A model where you want X to keep work on the project up front would be more suitable for like Steam and then keep release chapters at a time (along likes of telltale games, "Life is strange" etc, but then you would have to have a lot more content in initial release to achieve the interest.

2.5k is basically 250 people to pledge 10 bucks each, or 500 to pledge 5 (or a mix of) so not all that really, but the wording in the text doesn't come across as appealing to start support. You could end up pledge for several months before they even reach the goal and would continue on the game, or decide it's not worth it and pull the plug...

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
I get a bit worried when checking the patreon and see they want to see a minimum of 2500 USD a month to keep work on the project or they will cancel it. Imho that is not the right way to entice people to support the project. Adult games on patreon build a fan base and grow income over time.

A model where you want X to keep work on the project up front would be more suitable for like Steam and then keep release chapters at a time (along likes of telltale games, "Life is strange" etc, but then you would have to have a lot more content in initial release to achieve the interest.

2.5k is basically 250 people to pledge 10 bucks each, or 500 to pledge 5 (or a mix of) so not all that really, but the wording in the text doesn't come across as appealing to start support. You could end up pledge for several months before they even reach the goal and would continue on the game, or decide it's not worth it and pull the plug...
I hear you and understand your point I think. In my opinion, any pledge, monthly or quarterly, is only paying for the most recent release. Like a subscription to Batman. The comic will never "end" I am only paying for the most recent update. If at some point they say well not enough subscribers to continue, the market has spoken, then they can stop wasting peoples time and money. I'm ok with that. I don't know. It takes a lot of time and work to put these games together. It's asking a lot for Devs to just keep grinding and losing money. They are just being honest and saying this is what we need to make this work. It's up to us the consumers to decide is this game worth it I guess.

Reactions: SymbioticLife

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
@RedLolly / devs

So if I interpret your Patreon correctly there won't be any 0.2 or work done unless you reach the set goal of €3000?
Or will you aim for a few patches to gain traction?

Best of luck, looks beautiful from the previews atleast. Cheers!

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes