bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
I test Unreal Engine games all the time so this is one is hard to test for me. I have about 30 min of play time in yours and broke it 6 times. The reason your game has real problem is first of all your resolution support. Just for starting the game I already break everything. I am sounding mean but trust me I am just honest it is nothing personal it's how I always am with paying costumers too.
I don't take it personally, don't worry. But I feel like I'm not being clear enough: you tell me you broke the game 6 times in 30 minutes, but you don't tell me what happened. Since it works fine for me, it's extremely difficult to know what's wrong, especially for a beginner like me.
You talk about "resolution support" as if you enjoy dropping hints. Get straight to the point and tell me what's wrong with it (I know it's not set up properly, but I can't just fiddle with the settings blindly, believe me, I've already done it and it's really not a good idea).

Right now, I'm working on making the game not launch in fullscreen the first time (I'm even thinking of removing this option altogether since it serves no purpose), and having it launch in 1280x720 because I think it will be less resource-intensive. But it's just a "thought," I have no idea if it will be effective or not. On my PC, it worked before, it will work after.

Warlord333

Oct 9, 2017
I don't take it personally, don't worry. But I feel like I'm not being clear enough: you tell me you broke the game 6 times in 30 minutes, but you don't tell me what happened. Since it works fine for me, it's extremely difficult to know what's wrong, especially for a beginner like me.
You talk about "resolution support" as if you enjoy dropping hints. Get straight to the point and tell me what's wrong with it (I know it's not set up properly, but I can't just fiddle with the settings blindly, believe me, I've already done it and it's really not a good idea).

Right now, I'm working on making the game not launch in fullscreen the first time (I'm even thinking of removing this option altogether since it serves no purpose), and having it launch in 1280x720 because I think it will be less resource-intensive. But it's just a "thought," I have no idea if it will be effective or not. On my PC, it worked before, it will work after.
Ok sorry about that can I contact you personally in any way I would like to go in depth about it as it is just too many to write down but here is some break downs. Resolution support: you only have 1 aspect rate that is 16:9 mine is 32:9 so it stretches the picture to the point you can't play the game. While you have widowed mode option it does not work and you need to use Alt+Enter to do it adding additional problems to it but since it 720p is your default resolution at 1080p picture is not as high quality as it could be. Like I said if you want me to contact you somewhere where I can also provide pictures that might help I will do so

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Ok sorry about that can I contact you personally in any way I would like to go in depth about it as it is just too many to write down but here is some break downs. Resolution support: you only have 1 aspect rate that is 16:9 mine is 32:9 so it stretches the picture to the point you can't play the game. While you have widowed mode option it does not work and you need to use Alt+Enter to do it adding additional problems to it but since it 720p is your default resolution at 1080p picture is not as high quality as it could be. Like I said if you want me to contact you somewhere where I can also provide pictures that might help I will do so
I appreciate any offered help ! :p

You can contact me via DM here, or on Discord through my server !

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Before the last release, I roughly tested about 90% of the game (I didn't make all possible choices, as we saw with certain Tracy scenes). The game works perfectly fine for me. Once again, if bugs aren't reported (and with details—saying "yeah, it crashes, it bugs, it freezes" doesn't help me at all if I don't have circumstances), they won't be fixed.
Not being able to open the game isn't a "bug"; it's your configuration that isn't suitable for Unreal Engine 5. Is it my fault? No. Does it concern me? Yes. Am I trying to do something about it? Yes, I am. Does it take time? Yep.
Oo yeah my potato computer is totaly not able to run a game with the all mighty unreal 5 ...(could still run mhw in full last time i tryed)
i'm an ass for not giving details on bug encountered, last time i did it the anwser was "it'll probably be fixed for the next release" ... and some shit about the bug being known but hard to correct so i was redundant and a troll for reporting it -_-
i'm sad to know you know you need to learn how to make a game to make a game and that process take time, though i'm glad you know it concern you -_-
now you just need to understand people rant about the bug and telling them it's not your fault and it's all on them isn't fixing shit and certainly not their mood after being annoyed by your bugs

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Oo yeah my potato computer is totaly not able to run a game with the all mighty unreal 5 ...(could still run mhw in full last time i tryed)
i'm an ass for not giving details on bug encountered, last time i did it the anwser was "it'll probably be fixed for the next release" ... and some shit about the bug being known but hard to correct so i was redundant and a troll for reporting it -_-
i'm sad to know you know you need to learn how to make a game to make a game and that process take time, though i'm glad you know it concern you -_-
now you just need to understand people rant about the bug and telling them it's not your fault and it's all on them isn't fixing shit and certainly not their mood after being annoyed by your bugs
Okay, stop, I'm up for discussion but I'm not here to argue. I've got other things to do.

Candis1985

Aug 7, 2022
I need more details. When does the game crash? At startup? In a specific scene? After a certain time in the game?

At start up. Opens. Black Screen. Can move the arrow around. Then crashes and says "Fatal error! "The UE-Lust Farm Gash has crashed and will...."

Thanks for the response.

Would Previous saves from 1.10 effect the 2.0 or 2.5? Versions? Very little issues with 1.10 besides stuff I said a while back.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Okay, stop, I'm up for discussion but I'm not here to argue. I've got other things to do.
:X sorry, i realy got pissed yesterday when the game crashed at the start and all the bottled up frustration came out when you didn't seem to aknowledge my rant and told me to go somewhere else -_-, i'm playing the game since the first release, i like the story and overall gameplay, but i got bug at every release, mostly due to save problem but sometime just changing zone on the map made the game freeze and one time when i reported a bug on the release day i got told it would be fixed for the next release ... and got a few comment about me being a troll because i wasn't the first or the clearer to report it :S bug piling up on my nerve at each release got me thinking that renpy was far easier to use which brought my comment about hopping the game would be made with it instead for both me (and other player ^^) to enjoy a game with less bug and you to have more satisfaction in your hobby (as no one would feel good about being on the receiving hand of the numerous bug report and rant), in case you thought otherwise there was originialy no ill feeling in that comment

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
At start up. Opens. Black Screen. Can move the arrow around. Then crashes and says "Fatal error! "The UE-Lust Farm Gash has crashed and will...."

Thanks for the response.

Would Previous saves from 1.10 effect the 2.0 or 2.5? Versions? Very little issues with 1.10 besides stuff I said a while back.
If you can't launch the game, it's because of the new graphics engine (Unreal). I'm working on trying to configure it to make it accessible (but I'm struggling!).
I invite you to try again during the next updates.
Anything for this Dev?
I haven't had time to look into it; I'll try to address it for the next update. Meanwhile, to avoid being too disappointed if it's not done (or if I struggle on that too...), I still invite you to start a new game.
:X sorry, i realy got pissed yesterday when the game crashed at the start and all the bottled up frustration came out when you didn't seem to aknowledge my rant and told me to go somewhere else -_-, i'm playing the game since the first release, i like the story and overall gameplay, but i got bug at every release, mostly due to save problem but sometime just changing zone on the map made the game freeze and one time when i reported a bug on the release day i got told it would be fixed for the next release ... and got a few comment about me being a troll because i wasn't the first or the clearer to report it :S bug piling up on my nerve at each release got me thinking that renpy was far easier to use which brought my comment about hopping the game would be made with it instead for both me (and other player ^^) to enjoy a game with less bug and you to have more satisfaction in your hobby (as no one would feel good about being on the receiving hand of the numerous bug report and rant), in case you thought otherwise there was originialy no ill feeling in that comment
I understand you're pissed, I am too! It's the worst feeling, having spent months working on my game and seeing that it doesn't even solve the problem of bugs (even worse, that some can't even play it anymore).
And alongside the bugs, there are also all the (legitimate) requests that also take time to fulfill (autosave, Android version, etc.).
All I ask for is understanding: I will eventually solve the problems, but it will take time. Fixing a bug like the ones in Tracy's scenes takes 15 minutes. Configuring Unreal to run on more modest machines has already taken me over 20 hours... for no tangible results.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I haven't had time to look into it; I'll try to address it for the next update. Meanwhile, to avoid being too disappointed if it's not done (or if I struggle on that too...), I still invite you to start a new game.
I'll wait, it took me a long time to get to this current state. I'm not gonna grind again on this new one, I made enough on my last save that I won't be needing to focus on anything else but the relationships, the girls, and the story.

kopv4

Feb 22, 2020
Exactly what I was saying: I haven't tried to break the game by mashing the skip button everywhere, so it works perfectly fine for me to skip.
Now, if the bug isn't reported to me, I'm not going to guess it!

Yes, I need an autosave system, I need to release the Android version, I need to fix the bugs, I also need to try to solve the video memory issue... not to mention creating content for those for whom the game works well (and who have already been very patient waiting for me to switch to Unreal when VNM worked well for them). So, content means scripting, "shooting" normal and animated scenes, then coding all of that.
I'm not even mentioning the game balancing, which is a bit off, but let's say that's for later.
Oh, and I'll also need to take the time to eat and sleep!

The life of a game developer! Don't forget that you signed up for it :HideThePain:. I've played a couple of this game's releases and I've also read enough comments to know that game breaking bugs have been present in various ways for quite a while now. I understand it's hard having to juggle between providing content to a community who haven't faced these issues and fixing it for those who have been, but I also believe you should have and probably still need to prioritize making universal workarounds that deal with the game breaking stuff, especially if you're not fully equiped to consistently fix them. Autosaves are a function that 100% needed to be present in your first release of this game. Other things could be cheats that full on negate the grind. Checkpoints to start the game from a specific point of progress. A rollback function. I'm sure there are more methods. If you're not willing to do in depth tests of every release, then at least make it so we don't get full on buttfucked as soon as something goes wrong. It slightly seems like you're not too bothered with the annoying parts of development and are more so focused on delivering something that looks polished. You have a good thing going on, don't slip and slide down the F95 cliche.

Reactions: Crevanille

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
The life of a game developer! Don't forget that you signed up for it :HideThePain:. I've played a couple of this game's releases and I've also read enough comments to know that game breaking bugs have been present in various ways for quite a while now. I understand it's hard having to juggle between providing content to a community who haven't faced these issues and fixing it for those who have been, but I also believe you should have and probably still need to prioritize making universal workarounds that deal with the game breaking stuff, especially if you're not fully equiped to consistently fix them. Autosaves are a function that 100% needed to be present in your first release of this game. Other things could be cheats that full on negate the grind. Checkpoints to start the game from a specific point of progress. A rollback function. I'm sure there are more methods. If you're not willing to do in depth tests of every release, then at least make it so we don't get full on buttfucked as soon as something goes wrong. It slightly seems like you're not too bothered with the annoying parts of development and are more so focused on delivering something that looks polished. You have a good thing going on, don't slip and slide down the F95 cliche.
Man, I've made so many beginner mistakes with my game that I thought I'd made them all :poop: By some miracle, I manage to make even more. I'd say I'm a textbook example of what not to do!
But hey, I'm staying positive! When the game was released in 1.0, there were bugs everywhere, but I managed to fix most of them over time. Now, you could say that 2.0 is the same but worse, since the game has been completely recoded from scratch, except it had three times more content!
But I agree that I need to seriously look into it.

Reactions: Crevanille

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Man, I've made so many beginner mistakes with my game that I thought I'd made them all :poop: By some miracle, I manage to make even more. I'd say I'm a textbook example of what not to do!
But hey, I'm staying positive! When the game was released in 1.0, there were bugs everywhere, but I managed to fix most of them over time. Now, you could say that 2.0 is the same but worse, since the game has been completely recoded from scratch, except it had three times more content!
But I agree that I need to seriously look into it.
Hey, we're supportive so just keep working at it.
It's inspiring. y'know?
Indie games and devs are what made me wanna try to make my own game too... though I'm still only in the planning stages myself...

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes