IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
OK, a few things here I want to respond to.

Fist, the "unique download link" and "unique identification number". I'm having a hard time believing this. But, since I'm a "coder", I can easily verify this. I'm asking patrons to go to the download page at and PM me the first download link. I will compare the links, download the contents, and examine for unique identifiers. You will, of course, remain anonymous, and I won't upload what I get anywhere.

Second, the entire reason for you guys to have a presence here is to engage with the community, and gain new patrons as people here find and like your games. Stuff like this is a turnoff, and (I believe) will lead to less people from here becoming patrons.

Third, the people here who play for free are likely not going to become $25 patrons just because the game doesn't show up here for a few days. I don't think your actions will have the indented results.

Fourth, you say you're going to upload the game here after a few days. I don't think you should. Your $10 level says access to EoL and Living with Mia after 3 days. You shouldn't give that away for free here if you're charging on Patreon. I don't think you should upload them at all unless you release them for free on Patreon. Perhaps release the previous version for free?
I understand where you are coming from. And I actually agree with you on most points. But please try to understand our stance. Looking forward to you finding the identification number inside the game. Some good old fashioned competition is always fun :)

Galin

May 5, 2017
I'm preparing for Christmas, so I have very little time to play this very good game now. because I lost my Job, I have no money to pay for it now.
But I will be VERY happy if I can play it at christmas for free, so let the developer earn a little bit of money for their excellent work.
:cool: :coffee: (y)

May 22, 2017
OK, a few things here I want to respond to.

Fist, the "unique download link" and "unique identification number". I'm having a hard time believing this. But, since I'm a "coder", I can easily verify this. I'm asking patrons to go to the download page at and PM me the first download link. I will compare the links, download the contents, and examine for unique identifiers. You will, of course, remain anonymous, and I won't upload what I get anywhere.

Second, the entire reason for you guys to have a presence here is to engage with the community, and gain new patrons as people here find and like your games. Stuff like this is a turnoff, and (I believe) will lead to less people from here becoming patrons.

Third, the people here who play for free are likely not going to become $25 patrons just because the game doesn't show up here for a few days. I don't think your actions will have the indented results.

Fourth, you say you're going to upload the game here after a few days. I don't think you should. Your $10 level says access to EoL and Living with Mia after 3 days. You shouldn't give that away for free here if you're charging on Patreon. I don't think you should upload them at all unless you release them for free on Patreon. Perhaps release the previous version for free?
I was about to say the same about the "unique link". Thats hard to believe. Also if you let me, i want to add one more thing.
"we can identify the bad apples. Once identified, the Patron that is sharing this game to pirate sites will be BANNED!"
This is not a kind thing to say to $25 patreons. I think the dev is pushing them away by saying things like that.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I'm preparing for Christmas, so I have very little time to play this very good game now. because I lost my Job, I have no money to pay for it now.
But I will be VERY happy if I can play it at christmas for free, so let the developer earn a little bit of money for their excellent work.
:cool: :coffee: (y)
You know that we are not monsters? PM us tell us your situation and we will give you the game for free. This is something we regularly do. Shit man we where broke at some times in our life too and pirated stuff :)

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
Let's not push it further... As the game goes the dev has every right to protect his game in whichever manner he wants...because the game is his only source of income....

Now 2nd thing... Unique identifier through a LINk can be easily bypassed... Contact me or any previous expert who mentioned it.... And if a unique identifier is hardcoded inside a game (which also seems impossible as how they provide download Links + the number of patreons) then it's also can be bypassed easily...

3rd it's a good thing to have a delay in game being pirated as people with less patience might become your patreons but it's a bad thing if you are threatening your patreons with a ban. Plus also you can't say or release the game for free after few days as its not right to other patreons.

Solution: It's simple... rather than sharing a game for free after a few days here simply put a condition that Whoever will share or pirate the game within 5 days of release will be banned but after 5 days you can share it... You will not get the ban hammer don't worry.

Let's hope everybody is okay with the solution.

Last edited:

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Let's not push it further... As the game goes the dev has every right to protect his game in whichever manner he wants...because the game is his only source of income....

Now 2nd thing... Unique identifier through a LINk can be easily bypassed... Contact me or any previous expert who mentioned it.... And if a unique identifier is hardcoded inside a game (which also seems impossible as how they provide download Links + the number of patreons) then it's also can be bypassed easily...

3rd it's a good thing to have a delay in game being pirated as people with less patience might become your patreons but it's bad thing if you are threatening your patreons with a ban. Plus also you can't say or release the game for free after few days as its not right to other patreons.

Solution: It's simple... rather than sharing a game for free after few days simply put a condition that Whoever will share or pirate the game within 5 days of release will be banned but after 5 days you can share it... You will not get the ban hammer don't worry.

Let's hope everybody is okay with the solution.
Agree with everything you said. And I even like the solution :) The problem is that the latest version was shared 3 minutes after release on Patreon. And sorry but we cant and we won't tolerate such behavior because its unfair to everyone that is supporting this project on Patreon.

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Keep doing what you're doing Inceton. The product has quality, the updates are timely (dear lordie how this matters and it is so underrated) and the communication? One of the best out of all the games in this website.
Wanting your hard work to be compensated sounds more than fair and the willingness to share said work just after a few days is laudable.

I would also like to remember everyone what Patreon's for. Someone wants to create something, others want to incentivize that said creation is done. That's it. It's not a store to sell products. All of the content should be free and people should donate if they like it. If it were a store then paying hundreds of coin for 30 minutes of added storytelling would not be a fair deal at all.

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
This is the warning we gave our Patrons:

WARNING!!! To combat piracy (Sharing the download links to other websites), we have added a feature where every Patron is assigned with a unique download link. Also, once the game is downloaded, it has a unique identification number. With this new feature, we can identify the bad apples. Once identified, the Patron that is sharing this game to pirate sites will be BANNED!

So giving you or someone else the game to share it anonymously is not a option. We can still identify who shared the game.

Now that being said. We like this community and we will share the game here in a few days if no one else does. We just want the game to be behind a paywall for a few days. So maybe some more people decide to be Patrons. This will help us bring you bigger and better updates because we will be able to hire more people. So win/win
You know, I can actually respect this. Funny how people will say "have patience" when a dev constantly late with releases and doesn't want to give a time frame on when it will be released, but when a dev is actually open to sharing, folks here just have to wait a few days, they get all up in arms about their free game not being available that same day....

Reactions: Derek Wildstsar

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
I'm ok with a short wait but the rule of thumb should be not banning people who pay you. Directly confronting them first usually is a better first step. be like hey thanks for the 25$ but could you please not try to drive us out of business we know it was you. kthxbye. besides you really cant fight pirates just hope to keep them under control

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
Agree with everything you said. And I even like the solution :) The problem is that the latest version was shared 3 minutes after release on Patreon. And sorry but we cant and we won't tolerate such behavior because its unfair to everyone that is supporting this project on Patreon.
Wait... It's already shared...why people are fighting over this then ..

• Haha
Reactions: Abhai

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Developers are free to do as they please with their games, just as we are free to take any links sent to us and share them anonymously after mirroring and making sure there are no malware or means for the developer to punish his patrons.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Looking forward to you finding the identification number inside the game. Some good old fashioned competition is always fun :)
This sounds like a challenge. Be careful with that, because finding differences between two versions of the same game or collection of files is really quite easy. ;)
All one needs is to get this game from two of your patreons.
goobdoob, as well as many others (myself included), are very much capable of doing exactly that.

At the same time, I don't really mind waiting some more. Good luck with your game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 236 Votes