benok

Aug 29, 2017
I am enjoying the game but the sheer number of encounters is a bit much. You are severely punished for exploring with the endless fights moving around.

I suggest you make Escape work more reliably, make the enemies visible roamers that don't respawn after defeating them, or tone down the chance to get an encounter and up the xp reward per fight.

It just feels tedious right now.

Overall great game though. I'm curious to see how the story will unfold.

SubSupreme

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
I suggest you make Escape work more reliably...
Yep, that is one of the improvements coming in Update 4. I plan to either make escape work 100% of the time in random encounters and/or add an item for instant escape that's cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Thank you! Story is only going to get better from this point on. Strap on, it's going to get wild!

Reactions: benok

SorannaEternal

Feb 3, 2018
It's nice to see a game with actual writing. The characters have character, they aren't all bumbling idiots, they have their own goals, and the writer actually has a grasp on the English language.

The gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, however. The enemies' attacks are a big smorgasbord of status effects that effectively boil down to, "If this one attack hits the wrong character, you're going to be waiting for a LONG time for it to wear off before you can play again." This would be less of a problem if the combat wasn't so slow, but even using the option to get rid of enemy attack cards whenever you press Z/Enter, it still is quite the grind. You rarely see enemies making use of this flood of status effects, either, unlike at the start of the game. If you get aroused on the beach, you know that the attack that deals extra damage if you're aroused is coming. I rarely saw any of this later in the game, and usually just got more annoying blinds and stat debuffs and stuns. Magic also seems to be largely useless on anyone but Gwen, so I'm not sure why it's even available to your other party members.

Items can be used to get rid of these effects, but when they're constantly being applied by an enemy's normal attack each turn and with items being so expensive, why bother?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Astrra

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
About the only thing I don't like about the game is the "save crystals" especially after getting caught about 15 times in the escape the jail run around.

And I hit a bug in the fight with Robin and the 2 dolls, the text locked up and I could hear combat sounds, but could not see anything. My machine is fairly good, and I've not had that issue with other rpg games either in rpg maker or renpy, so not sure what was happening.

I did finally get through it but again, it was a pain having to escape every battle just to get to Robin to see if the game was going to lock up again.

Other then that, and some of the OP card effectts, (100% blind or bind, etc) it's fun.

LatexLara

Apr 26, 2018
I am enjoying the game but the sheer number of encounters is a bit much. You are severely punished for exploring with the endless fights moving around.

I suggest you make Escape work more reliably, make the enemies visible roamers that don't respawn after defeating them, or tone down the chance to get an encounter and up the xp reward per fight.

It just feels tedious right now.

I have to agree with this + tone down the f..ing disarm not fun with vs 5man fights that last 15mins cuz 12 of those mins your disarmed and cant do anything and i also found out the enemy never miss with the status effects at all i set my agi/magicdefend and defend to 50000 "just to test it out" and thy still hit me, were at my chars miss alooooooooooot when thy are not disarmed
Also the dubble animation ? thy walk forward bcakwards then forward to do the attack and backwards = time wasted

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
i also found out the enemy never miss with the status effects at all i set my agi/magicdefend and defend to 50000 "just to test it out" and thy still hit me, were at my chars miss alooooooooooot when thy are not disarmed
While I haven't played this game specifically yet, default RPGM behavior have status effects application dictated by Luck, but chance to inflict and resist it (agi dictates turn order, and def/mdef obviously the amount of dmg you take, but not the chance to get inflicted by status effects)

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Save crystal mechanics, with random unavoidable attacks, and no option to escape from battle...this combo pretty much ended my interest in this game. To each their own. If people like the game, cool beans. I just can't do it. lol

Mar 3, 2020
Fair warning (and/or bug report): as of Update 5, there is a secret portal in the Jealousy Woods which purports to lead you to an optional boss fight. It does not. Entering it softlocks you, because there is no code in the map it takes you to.

There may be another such portal in the Corrupt Factory. (There is certainly a map with another portal-object in it in the game assets, but I'm not certain that it's reachable. Its target map is also nonfunctional.)

EDIT:

In the secret alchemy laboratory, there's another softlock. Tables are transparent to interaction attempts, so you can read the journal from two squares to its left; this results in a softlock during the flashback animation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
And another rpg, that seems to think that hand, eye reflex based mini games are the way to go, hard pass, especially when the block game progression, the very first place where you link up with the cat girl pretty much stopped me dead, my reflexes are not up to that sort of thing, nor is my hand eye co-ordination, which is a shame as it has potential, but as of now is basically on my ignore list.

Reactions: notwavman

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
And another rpg, that seems to think that hand, eye reflex based mini games are the way to go, hard pass, especially when the block game progression, the very first place where you link up with the cat girl pretty much stopped me dead, my reflexes are not up to that sort of thing, nor is my hand eye co-ordination, which is a shame as it has potential, but as of now is basically on my ignore list.
You know if you fail enough times it lets you skip that right?

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
You know if you fail enough times it lets you skip that right?
No idea, I only every try these sort of things 4-5 times then give up, I hate these sort of mini games anyway, I play rpg not arcade games, if I want arcade games I will go and play them.

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes