VN Ren'Py Lustful Dreams: The Forbidden Connection [v0.2.5.0 Beta] [mochabyte]

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes

s1im

Jun 26, 2018
What is even the point lmao?
Incest fans want only one of these. :sneaky::coffee:
In the OP:
"At the beginning you get to select the relationship you have with Ayumi, being either sister or step-sister."

The point? Well, some are fans of the incest kink, some not. And there is the issue that some sites used by game developers allow 'step-cest' but not incest content.

Bottom line for this game is that the developer doesn't force either relationship. Each player can choose their personal preference of the two relationships.

Reactions: mochabyte and zwtku

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Only this doesn't do shit if the game isn't made to actually support legit incest to begin with, you'll be getting various oddities in the text. :whistle::coffee:
I had in mind those games that pass off family members as characters unrelated to the mc, i.e. landlady, roommate. :rolleyes: In some of them you can choose the relationship between the mc and the characters. For others you have a patch which either sets some variable or definitions of characters, like "x" = mother. In these cases the devs were at least user friendly. And then there are games where the patch just replaces entire passages of text. Which is what you would have to do in any random game to include incest anyway to avoid the inconsistencie you mentioned. :confused:
It sucks. At least there are devs that don't do it for the money or publish their games on platforms like subscriberstar that don't care.
But frankly it seems to me that some devs just put in incest as a cheap way to attract people and use it as a substitute for characters' personalities, histories, relationships. :( Just say these two characters are this and that and the users' imagination will fill in the blanks. :p Of course you can, but come on, a little effort wouldn't hurt. :(

Which, fingers crossed, doesn't appear to be the case here. :)

Reactions: mochabyte

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
The demo was fun, even though there is not action happening, I really like the mood of the game. The writing seems fun and interesting. Will definitely watch for updates. The naming thing was a bit sad, but it can happen and it didn't distract too much and since it's getting fixed in the next version I don't mind. Mistakes happen.
My main problem with AI art is the inconsistencies that creep in, but since the developer retouches it, I didn't notice anything. The art style was pleasing, cute and consistent. It has a lot of potential. If using AI as a base saves time in this manner, I don't mind at all.
For the demo my main criticism would be that the choices don't seem to have much effect, but then again, it's fine for a demo and more choices are promised, so I'm eager for the next release.

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
The demo was fun, even though there is not action happening, I really like the mood of the game. The writing seems fun and interesting. Will definitely watch for updates. The naming thing was a bit sad, but it can happen and it didn't distract too much and since it's getting fixed in the next version I don't mind. Mistakes happen.
My main problem with AI art is the inconsistencies that creep in, but since the developer retouches it, I didn't notice anything. The art style was pleasing, cute and consistent. It has a lot of potential. If using AI as a base saves time in this manner, I don't mind at all.
For the demo my main criticism would be that the choices don't seem to have much effect, but then again, it's fine for a demo and more choices are promised, so I'm eager for the next release.
Skalli Thank you for your feedback, thoughts and criticism. This is the kind of feedback I've been looking/hoping for. I love that you pointed out (and liked) the mood of the game too, because that's something I've been working really hard on when trying to write music that fits to the characters, dialog style and art style.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
The game reminded me of two games I played a long time ago and liked very much. Yume miru kusuri - a drug that makes you dream, where you follow one of three girls in their daily activities in and out of school. It's character design and the overall feeling. Sometimes happy, sometimes sad. Realistic in it's depiction of the school and the world, but feels like you are in your own bubble with your chosen girl. Other characters just popping in from time to time (mainly to spoil the fun :().
Crescendo, with its soft, muted colors and it's nostalgic, kind of dreamy feeling. As the end of the school year draws close, you recall your past experiences with your female friends and school mates and have to choose the one you are closest to.
I hope you continue your game and don't drop it. :)

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
Oh, cool! Sounds like I definitely should check those games out, and by the looks of it, they look promising! I'm honestly also very pleased to hear that my game reminded you of games you've enjoyed in the past.

I don't plan on dropping it any time soon, it's been such a joy making this game. :) Working pretty heavily on chapter 2 these days.

Terringer

Dec 5, 2018
Great build-up. I will be eagerly awaiting the new content.

I enjoyed your usage of unique ambient sound and music befitting the scenes.
Many games have the same music running through-out, which I find a shame as it really misses out on an opportunity for extra immersion in the story.

Overall I enjoyed it, and consider it a right and proper teaser. :)

• Red Heart

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
Great build-up. I will be eagerly awaiting the new content.

I enjoyed your usage of unique ambient sound and music befitting the scenes.
Many games have the same music running through-out, which I find a shame as it really misses out on an opportunity for extra immersion in the story.

Overall I enjoyed it, and consider it a right and proper teaser. :)
Ah, thank you Terringer! Greatly appreciate the feedback! I'm glad you pointed out the music too, as that's something I've had a lot of focus on trying to shape the atmosphere of the game. I have written a couple new songs for chapter 2 already as well.

Thanks once again. Hopefully you'll like the next update too when that comes out!

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

MasterGM

Feb 24, 2023
This is a very promising project. Probably one of the few that uses AI well and correctly.
I think will be cool if the dev add more photos and chatting episodes via smartphone

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
This is a very promising project. Probably one of the few that uses AI well and correctly.
I think will be cool if the dev add more photos and chatting episodes via smartphone
Very thankful for the feedback, MasterGM. I do indeed plan on doing more smartphone interactions, I think those are a nice little addition to the game.

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
*fingers crossed* Let's hope for a quick resolution. :D
Thanks! The quick resolution was apparently a permanent close of the account though. I had no idea patreon was this strickt, but then again, I didn't really do much research. If anyone know other platforms in which I can do posts, polls, updates ect, feel free to let me know. I've seen some people do either Discord or BuyMeAcoffee, but I'm not sure. :)

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry to hear that! Patreon is really not a good platform for loli or incest content. Even when you don't offer such content directly on Patreon itself but a censored version but with a patch elsewhere.
I guess the popular alternative is Subscribestar, but opening an account there is more difficult I think as you need some followers already. It's worth a shot though. At least for now Subscribestar has no rules against incest and other taboo content.

mochabyte

(▰˘◡˘▰)
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2020
Sorry to hear that! Patreon is really not a good platform for loli or incest content. Even when you don't offer such content directly on Patreon itself but a censored version but with a patch elsewhere.
I guess the popular alternative is Subscribestar, but opening an account there is more difficult I think as you need some followers already. It's worth a shot though. At least for now Subscribestar has no rules against incest and other taboo content.
Much appreciate your comment and suggestion. I'm for the most part just trying to find a way to keep people updated, and I like the idea of being able to run polls to get certain feedback. Itch isn't really really good at neither of those things unfortunately. I'll have a look at Subscribestar at some point. Again, thank you! :)

Dante7743

Jan 27, 2019
Much appreciate your comment and suggestion. I'm for the most part just trying to find a way to keep people updated, and I like the idea of being able to run polls to get certain feedback. Itch isn't really really good at neither of those things unfortunately. I'll have a look at Subscribestar at some point. Again, thank you! :)
If all you are looking for is to keep people updated then you could just start a discord server. That seems to me the easiest way.

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes