VN Ren'Py Lycoris Radiata [Ch.7 Public] [Kuro]

4.20 star(s) 39 Votes

BlackRing

Apr 27, 2021
What nonsense are you talking about???
As far as I am aware, you only control ONE protagonist whole game. Only difference is the fact, that protagonist has split personality. So you can choose which personality will handle problems.
Well, if he knew the split personality stuff, then he would get what I said. If he didn't then I don't want to spoil him

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
Am I playing a PG 13 game here? I just went sex in a VN and it skipped it. I notice a NSFW option in the settings...is that supposed to be on or off?

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Such a strange decision to make NSFW disabled by default. Probably only 1 person out of 1000 will actually want that option. At least put a prompt at the start of the game.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
We've been given choices to play as who on so many part of them so why now? So explicit with Ren doing the obstacle course? Is there a way to have Inei instead? I don't like this whole split personality thing at all and still prefer Inei.
Couldn't agree more with this, the whole split personality thing at the start seemed like it could be interesting, but we don't really have any control over it, for me Ineis personality is far more interesting than Rens and I would like to be him more often than not, it's also a massive shame that a lot of the LI's are forced to certain personalities as well, another thing we should have been allowed full control over, I still find the story interesting but some minor changes it could have been better.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Couldn't agree more with this, the whole split personality thing at the start seemed like it could be interesting, but we don't really have any control over it, for me Ineis personality is far more interesting than Rens and I would like to be him more often than not, it's also a massive shame that a lot of the LI's are forced to certain personalities as well, another thing we should have been allowed full control over, I still find the story interesting but some minor changes it could have been better.
Pretty much agree 100%.
Especially LI being locked to specific personas, will be weird considering Ren can see everything Inei does while Inei can't.

Dropout Saga for example did the split personality really well imo, you control one guy and he sees and hears the other persona but you only control 1 and he has the final say on everything.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Pretty much agree 100%.
Especially LI being locked to specific personas, will be weird considering Ren can see everything Inei does while Inei can't.

Dropout Saga for example did the split personality really well imo, you control one guy and he sees and hears the other persona but you only control 1 and he has the final say on everything.
As a fan of Dropout Saga I would agree it's definitely done better than here, I don't even really understand the whole purpose of locking the LI's behind a persona either, I know Ineis personality is a bit edgy and not how he used to be before the accident, but considering both Akira & Nobume are both LI's and both are aware that the MC has no memories why are they both locked to Ren who unless I've missed something they aren't even aware of, it might have taken them more time to get used to Inei but it shouldn't be locked.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
As a fan of Dropout Saga I would agree it's definitely done better than here, I don't even really understand the whole purpose of locking the LI's behind a persona either, I know Ineis personality is a bit edgy and not how he used to be before the accident, but considering both Akira & Nobume are both LI's and both are aware that the MC has no memories why are they both locked to Ren who unless I've missed something they aren't even aware of, it might have taken them more time to get used to Inei but it shouldn't be locked.
Only thing I can think of is the dev didn't want to make 2 separate renders for each LI path or that eventually the 2 personas will split physically.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Only thing I can think of is the dev didn't want to make 2 separate renders for each LI path or that eventually the 2 personas will split physically.
Could be, although you would think if the dev is going to do 2 sets of renders for all the unlocked LI's you may as well just go all out on all of them, gives the reader more freedom which most people tend to prefer, I think the dev could have got more interest and support if he had given the reader a little more leeway because the art style/renders are good and as I said before the story is interesting, it's got a lot of potential.

I like the art style, but how about sex scenes? Sex scenes are animated or just pictures?
There is only 1 scene so far from my recollection with no animations, no idea if the dev has it planned or not.

BlackRing

Apr 27, 2021
Could be, although you would think if the dev is going to do 2 sets of renders for all the unlocked LI's you may as well just go all out on all of them, gives the reader more freedom which most people tend to prefer, I think the dev could have got more interest and support if he had given the reader a little more leeway because the art style/renders are good and as I said before the story is interesting, it's got a lot of potential.

There is only 1 scene so far from my recollection with no animations, no idea if the dev has it planned or not.
There are 4 LIs that you can decide which personality to romance with. Maeda Sakura is one of them who don't all get an appearance in the game for now.
It's too much work to make 2 sets of renders for each LI. And plot wise, some LIs are unlikely to fall in love with another personality that they are not locked to.

Reactions: Dunner

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
There are 4 LIs that you can decide which personality to romance with. Maeda Sakura is one of them who don't all get an appearance in the game for now.
It's too much work to make 2 sets of renders for each LI. And plot wise, some LIs are unlikely to fall in love with another personality that they are not locked to.
Each to there own opinion of course but I would disagree in certain cases, it makes sense for say Luna & the twins to be locked to Inei, from my understanding they never knew 'Ren', but as for Akira & Nobume as far as they know 'Ren' is dead, why couldn't they fall in love with Inei, I think it's quite clear from what we have seen so far it's not as if either of them seem to hate his personality they just don't seem to understand it, it would take time but it's definitely not impossible.

One thing that will be interesting is who the other 2 locked LI's will be, because we still have 1 missing for both Inei & Ren, the characters list doesn't have any of those we were introduced to in this latest chapter, and no Mei either despite meeting her fairly early on.

BlackRing

Apr 27, 2021
Each to there own opinion of course but I would disagree in certain cases, it makes sense for say Luna & the twins to be locked to Inei, from my understanding they never knew 'Ren', but as for Akira & Nobume as far as they know 'Ren' is dead, why couldn't they fall in love with Inei, I think it's quite clear from what we have seen so far it's not as if either of them seem to hate his personality they just don't seem to understand it, it would take time but it's definitely not impossible.

One thing that will be interesting is who the other 2 locked LI's will be, because we still have 1 missing for both Inei & Ren, the characters list doesn't have any of those we were introduced to in this latest chapter, and no Mei either despite meeting her fairly early on.
If things go this way, it will be very difficult for Ren to have locked LIs. Now LIs for Ren both have connections with him in the past. They may be used to Ren's way of act. For example, if you let Inei to talk to Akira in Ch4, you won't get affection point. When you let Ren to do so, Akira can vaguely aware that the person she talks to is a little different from Inei in daily life. And I don't think it'll take long for her or Nobume to find the truth.
and the 3rd locked LI, ig for Inei it's Reika, for Ren it's Shion.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Kuro_Kai

In the game you confused Telekinesis with Telepathy, yep they're different, they've different names

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
IDK how long the game will be but at this point it's a bit too early to know what will happen in the future and it's obvious that playing as just 1 full time personality over the other breaks the current lore.

Same goes for the girls. ATM the locked LI make sense since Luna would find it weird if Inei starts acting like Ren and I'm pretty sure Nobu already showed Inei what she thinks of him.

But we don't know what the future holds. Mirai doesn't mind if Inei is in control even if she prefers Ren because at the end of the day the MC is still her big brother.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Theories aside we don't know where or how the story ends. Maybe everything is already set in stone and what we see is what we get. Or maybe our actions will lead to a better/worst ending depending on the player's desires.

4.20 star(s) 39 Votes