VN Ren'Py Lycoris Radiata [Ch.7 Public] [Kuro]

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

jenjdukolem

Jul 5, 2024
can we choice to play only as one protagonist?

ok we can as i know now by plaing but did not tought that it is some kind of sci-fi shit mentaly ill protag writed by kid...

just going out of this shit

Last edited:

MOGGERrn

Apr 10, 2023
Just finished the update, and while I did think this update was alright, Ren's arc taking up almost 1/3 of the update in he beginning I felt was a literal snoozefest.

This just reaffirms my initial thoughts about the Inei & Ren personas when the whole 2 personas plot began to take place; the game is just much better when Inei is in the driver's seat.
Yes, he's an edgelord (I mean, there's no point in sugarcoating it lol) but I'd rather have a protagonist with that personality than someone who has a "squeaky clean" and very bland personality (which is exactly what Ren is) which literally bores me to no end.

And ngl, wasn't sure about Ruri when her character first got introduced, but in this update I just found her character to be overall annoying lol.
Dude! You said everything I wanted to say, Inei might be an edge lord but his personality and interactions with others are much more interesting than that of Ren's, I mean, to me, Ren behaves like a nerdy old guy and I don't like the fact that bro knows everything about what Inei does when Inei is in control of the body but Inei won't know anything about what Ren does when Ren is in control of the body, I just hope that the author will give us the option to either merge Inei & Ren or make one of the two disappear for good, and just like you said Ruri is annoying as fuck whenever she talks with Inei and that irritates me to the core, I usually don't like multiprotag games but aside from the multi protag thing and some annoying characters, I fucking love this game and the character designs so I plan on keep on playing this for the story.

Oh, and yeah, Shion (or whatever that white-haired girl's name is) is annoying as hell as well, and I honestly prefer Ruri over this woman.

MOGGERrn

Apr 10, 2023
I think biggest drawback of Ren in terms of engagement of the character is that he's just....... far too much of a "goody two shoes."
The persona just is cordial with..... pretty much everyone, no conflict.

Ren's definitely got the intelligence (compared to Inei who's mostly got the physical advantages), but strictly in terms of persona, he just has zero growth for his character and it becomes a real snoozefest.

On the flip side, if we look at Inei, while he's much of an edgelord and is guarded we see that he is slowly slowly becoming I guess, tolerable of others around him (if not amicable)?
That I do feel is part of what engages me to his character.

And some might say, "But Inei has had much more screentime." & yes that is true.
But that doesn't dispute the fact that Ren's persona just comes off as very boring Gary Stu character.
I mean, yes, Inei is incredibly OP in terms of his fighting ability, but his intelligence is incredibly limited by what his Master taught him (and he often gets called out on it by Inei and other characters).

I'd say it would greatly improve Ren's character where he starts showing some negative emotions such as anger, frustration, annoyance, and also make mistakes in judgement sometimes. Cause at this point, his persona is unanimously praised by almost every character (except for Fujie-sensei, Erika's idol manager).

Show that his character has flaws. Give him an arc to overcome them with growth like it's slow showing with Inei.
But who knows if that will even happen or not.
Exactly! Ren's personality is so bland and unrealistic, and please don't praise him for his IQ man, he's smart because of his yagami trait, Bro just has to see something for once and Bro's yagami trait will automatically record everything in his memory storage, and about those guys who say that Ren is like that because he doesn't have much screentime is the stupidest thing anyone can ever say, I mean Ren had a VERYYY normal life compared to Inei, he didn't just randomly awakenen in a body of a teenager without any knowledge of this world, he had a normal life surrounded by people who cared about him for more than a decade but he still comes of as an unrealistic character while Inei who had a very tragic life has a normal personality, I mean I agree than he's an edge lord but atleast he has a reason for being like that, Im not saying that I hate Ren or anything like that but whenever he takes over, he starts boring me with his "goody two shoes" act, always smiling and shit for no reason XD.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Dude! You said everything I wanted to say, Inei might be an edge lord but his personality and interactions with others are much more interesting than that of Ren's, I mean, to me, Ren behaves like a nerdy old guy and I don't like the fact that bro knows everything about what Inei does when Inei is in control of the body but Inei won't know anything about what Ren does when Ren is in control of the body, I just hope that the author will give us the option to either merge Inei & Ren or make one of the two disappear for good, and just like you said Ruri is annoying as fuck whenever she talks with Inei and that irritates me to the core, I usually don't like multiprotag games but aside from the multi protag thing and some annoying characters, I fucking love this game and the character designs so I plan on keep on playing this for the story.

Oh, and yeah, Shion (or whatever that white-haired girl's name is) is annoying as hell as well, and I honestly prefer Ruri over this woman.
Game introduced the whole Inei route and Ren routes somewhat early on, but despite seeing some limited use of that, in the recent couple of chapters we haven't been seeing it at all.

I just hope that returns, and I can pick more Inei routes. :KEK:

Ruri's characterization I feel had gotten worse and worse, all she does is simping for Ren, never argues or calls him out on anything, and Inei has to constantly get tased (I mean dude literally got tased/shocked like 3 times or something by Ruri in this update alone? And for no good reason :FacePalm:).

That's another reason why Ren's character arc is well...... boring (others may disagree, but to me, it is).
Pretty much everyone is singing praises of him (though most aren't aware of the whole Inei-Ren split persona), and there's literally ZERO friction/conflict others have with him compared to Inei.
Heck, only person who called him out was Fujie-sensei, who said "You play piano like a robot" or something along those lines.

As for the dev, I don't think he has a f95 account, or am I mistaken about that.

My favorite LI in the game is Maeda (Sakura).
I tend to not like "vanilla" characters as much and have more of an inclination towards outlier like chartacters.
Though ngl, Mirai is quite endearing.

So far, LIs routes are becoming somewhat more clear after what the dev recently said);

- Akira: Ren (obviously lol)
- Nobume: Ren (most likely)
- Shion: Ren (pretty obvious)

- Sakura (Maeda): Inei
- Luna: Inei
- Diana & Artemis (the twins): Inei
- Reika (Kou): (she's confirmed to be LI in this update) Inei

Reminder (not sure whether they're LI or not lol):

- Mei
- Sumire
- Erika
- Lin
- Makoto

The most surprising thing thing is Mirai will likely be available in Inei route as well, and not just Ren's from the looks of it (yup, she's one exception that overlaps in both).

BruceWayne123

Nov 11, 2022
Game introduced the whole Inei route and Ren routes somewhat early on, but despite seeing some limited use of that, in the recent couple of chapters we haven't been seeing it at all.

I just hope that returns, and I can pick more Inei routes. :KEK:

Ruri's characterization I feel had gotten worse and worse, all she does is simping for Ren, never argues or calls him out on anything, and Inei has to constantly get tased (I mean dude literally got tased/shocked like 3 times or something by Ruri in this update alone? And for no good reason :FacePalm:).

That's another reason why Ren's character arc is well...... boring (others may disagree, but to me, it is).
Pretty much everyone is singing praises of him (though most aren't aware of the whole Inei-Ren split persona), and there's literally ZERO friction/conflict others have with him compared to Inei.
Heck, only person who called him out was Fujie-sensei, who said "You play piano like a robot" or something along those lines.

As for the dev, I don't think he has a f95 account, or am I mistaken about that.

My favorite LI in the game is Maeda (Sakura).
I tend to not like "vanilla" characters as much and have more of an inclination towards outlier like chartacters.
Though ngl, Mirai is quite endearing.

So far, LIs routes are becoming somewhat more clear after what the dev recently said);

- Akira: Ren (obviously lol)
- Nobume: Ren (most likely)
- Shion: Ren (pretty obvious)

- Sakura (Maeda): Inei
- Luna: Inei
- Diana & Artemis (the twins): Inei
- Reika (Kou): (she's confirmed to be LI in this update) Inei

Reminder (not sure whether they're LI or not lol):

- Mei
- Sumire
- Erika
- Lin
- Makoto

The most surprising thing thing is Mirai will likely be available in Inei route as well, and not just Ren's from the looks of it (yup, she's one exception that overlaps in both).
Sakura and Sumire are LIs that you can romance on both Inei and Ren routes. Mirai is not a LI and I don't think Mei is as well. The rest I'm not sure if they are LIs or not.

PS: Am I the only person on this site who prefers Ren over Inei? Inei's behaviour is irritating and it's too much for me at times but he has some good moments too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunner

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Sakura and Sumire are LIs that you can romance on both Inei and Ren routes. Mirai is not a LI and I don't think Mei is as well. The rest I'm not sure if they are LIs or not.

PS: Am I the only person on this site who prefers Ren over Inei? Inei's behaviour is irritating and it's too much for me at times but he has some good momments too.
Well, dev said in his Patreon page the following when I asked him to specify which LIs are exclusive to which persona and whether any overlap:

When you go into the profile option, some characters have an outline in red, blue, or both.
Granted, I don't think the dev finished his work on this labelling he stated, but so far, the ones who are marked in Profiles are as follows:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blue seem to be Ren & Red is Inei.

As for whether you're the only one who prefers Ren?
Who knows (shrugs).

But even if majority of people were somehow favoring Ren, I'd still heavily favor Inei over him.

Ren & Inei's personas can be simplified to 2 types; bland & edgelord.
And if I am to pick between the two as the only choices, I'll pick the latter everytime (cause I can't stand bland characters).

So I guess different strokes for different folks.

BruceWayne123

Nov 11, 2022
Well, dev said in his Patreon page the following when I asked him to specify which LIs are exclusive to which persona and whether any overlap:

Granted, I don't think the dev finished his work on this labelling he stated, but so far, the ones who are marked in Profiles are as follows:

Blue seem to be Ren & Red is Inei.
That's in line with what I wrote. Sakura is not exclusive for Inei. You can romance her as Ren as well. Mirai can't be a Li because she is Shin's blood related sister and the game is on Patreon, and that would be against their rules.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That's in line with what I wrote. Sakura is not exclusive for Inei. You can romance her as Ren as well. Mirai can't be a Li because she is Shin's blood related sister and the game is on Patreon, and that would be againt their rules.

I'm slightly color blind, and had to look again at the portraits (at first glance I couldn't tell with the outlines lol).
Dunno what's the deal with the whole Blue flowers and Red flowers in the actual profile portraits though (not thumbnail).

I actually thought those flowers were it lol.

Serously dev needs to better system to categorize each with exclusivity, given he's already had complaints from others saying it's hardly noticeable.

Fatcatson

Jun 27, 2020
dude, I feel deceived by this dev, first he puts a +18 scene in the first update, and out of nowhere he takes it out without warning, then when they went to question him, he was crying on Patreon, seriously, I was a supporter but he just It was a total mistake except for the scene, and the worst thing of all is this thing about using two protagonists in the same body... we have to change the f95 tag, remove the sex and put an ntr, because that's basically what I feel when there's this option to change protagonists... the characters are good and the story was cool, but the dev just messed up, goodbye.

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes