VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
The developer keeps talking, even if there's no update, i don't think this game deserves the abandoned tag.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
The developer keeps talking, even if there's no update, i don't think this game deserves the abandoned tag.
As per the rules of the site, even if the dev hasn't dissapeared, if the game recieves no updates, or no news about what or why (for example about updates being on standby, or delayed or anything), then the Abandonned tag is applied by default.
So unless an update comes out, or the dev comes here to explain the situation and request a change in tag, it'll stay that way.

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
As per the rules of the site, even if the dev hasn't dissapeared, if the game recieves no updates, or no news about what or why (for example about updates being on standby, or delayed or anything), then the Abandonned tag is applied by default.
So unless an update comes out, or the dev comes here to explain the situation and request a change in tag, it'll stay that way.
I've heard that a game gets the abandoned tag after 3 months of general inactivity or 3 months of ignoring the 'abandoned' game. He said some days ago that he worked on the game the whole time and the next update is finally coming.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I've heard that a game gets the abandoned tag after 3 months of general inactivity or 3 months of ignoring the 'abandoned' game. He said some days ago that he worked on the game the whole time and the next update is finally coming.
Then it means he didn't get in contact with the mod team to have the tag removed, or they ignored it he he didn't make a post on his Patreon (apparently they check that first and foremost).

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Abandoned. A shame, but we saw it coming. I actually feel the mods were very flexible with this one. So long, Sock and Lyla! :cry:
Dude. We're like, literally talking about that on the posts above your own... Come on, now...

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Dude. We're like, literally talking about that on the posts above your own... Come on, now...
So, is no one else allowed to comment on it or talk about it since you've already been talking about it?

I will say that the mods here have been fairly inconsistent over the years about what counts as abandoned, but they may be getting more consistent (or just applying as they notice things, they are only human after all.)

I personally don't call 3 months abandoned (and in this case there's been a fair amount of posts on patreon about the game over the last while). But I also grew up in a different era of indie game development / modding (though no money involved back then) when you could go a year between news / updates and not consider it abandoned. So I know I have a different perspective on that.

• Angry
Reactions: Rutonat

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
So, is no one else allowed to comment on it or talk about it since you've already been talking about it?
Are you actually that dense ? If the dev as said they were working on an update, as we were just discussing, then the game is not so abandonned. And as I have mentionned, the tag doesn't always get put on games that are actually abandonned.
Seriously, instead of trying to paint other people as the problem, how about trying to understand the god damn context...

Last edited:

Kahamiloa

Nov 1, 2018
Thread Updated: 2020-07-15 that said everything :(

I loved that game, but honestly 2 years of nothing it is right it is abandoned. AND IF there is an hypotetic update then the tag will be remove, end of story ( I highly doubt we will ever see an update) too bad :(

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
The plan from the dev is that there's supposed to be an update right around next weekend from the latest bit of news...

August 8th, 2022
Status Update

Really tired, but I got so much work done this weekend. Put in about ~20 hours this weekend in programming but still have a ways to go. Most of the logic is hooked up for this content and still need to finish up some posing for the scenes too.

Definitely going to need next weekend, hopefully I won't need any extra days after that. From working through some of the scenes, I realized there's a couple of incredibly last minute sprites that I would like to draw if I can spare the time. Just a few of the scenes seem like they could use an extra action frame here and there. But I'll hold off on drawing those till I'm done with everything else.

It's getting there though! I'm hyped!

Reactions: voerman

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
The plan from the dev is that there's supposed to be an update right around next weekend from the latest bit of news...

August 8th, 2022
Status Update

Really tired, but I got so much work done this weekend. Put in about ~20 hours this weekend in programming but still have a ways to go. Most of the logic is hooked up for this content and still need to finish up some posing for the scenes too.

Definitely going to need next weekend, hopefully I won't need any extra days after that. From working through some of the scenes, I realized there's a couple of incredibly last minute sprites that I would like to draw if I can spare the time. Just a few of the scenes seem like they could use an extra action frame here and there. But I'll hold off on drawing those till I'm done with everything else.

It's getting there though! I'm hyped!

Finally some good news

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Honestly, whatever is going on with the dev, I hope they manage to get a little bit of work done here and there. I really enjoyed that game so far. It'd be a shame if it just dissapeared.

Reactions: Jz

Jz

Dec 5, 2016
Honestly, whatever is going on with the dev, I hope they manage to get a little bit of work done here and there. I really enjoyed that game so far. It'd be a shame if it just dissapeared.
I agree, I love the art and story in this game. Most other games I just wait for an update and check it out when it appears on latest. This game I actively search for.

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes