timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
flannan
Thanks for the guide.

"Note that villagers need to be in a well’s or box’s range, and not the other way around." But what are the range of the food box and well? It doesn't show like the villager's range.

I am thinking of putting one well and food box in the middle and put one kind of workbench each and some native huts in the four directions.

I read somewhere that each workstation can be worked by three natives at once, is it true? That same comment also said putting 6 natives near each workstation maximises efficiency. The native huts have enough space for two people. So I need three huts per workstation.

The problem is, as you mentioned in your guide, natives will enter a hut and if they find the beds occupied they will just stand there and won't go to another hut. Is sleeping essential for them? I read that they will lose "moral" if not getting sleep. What does "moral" do anyway? Do they rebel? What happens then? Or will they be just grumpy and beat up their coworkers?

Also, where can I get clay?

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
"Note that villagers need to be in a well’s or box’s range, and not the other way around." But what are the range of the food box and well? It doesn't show like the villager's range.
They show, just pretty large (unchangeable range).
Try zooming out (scroll wheel) to see their ranges, when interacting with them!

I read somewhere that each workstation can be worked by three natives at once, is it true? That same comment also said putting 6 natives near each workstation maximises efficiency. The native huts have enough space for two people. So I need three huts per workstation.
Uncertain on actual efficiency, but yeah, while 3 can likely work "at once" at the same station, it's not like they're at it 24/7, there's some randomness as well.
Additionally native huts, if you do space the beds apart nicely, can actually have much more! Alternatively, think of upgrading the native hut to a wooden or stone house, for some more space inside.

The problem is, as you mentioned in your guide, natives will enter a hut and if they find the beds occupied they will just stand there and won't go to another hut. Is sleeping essential for them? I read that they will lose "moral" if not getting sleep. What does "moral" do anyway? Do they rebel? What happens then? Or will they be just grumpy and beat up their coworkers?
If their morale reaches too low, they will "rebel" in the form of attacking someone when their lust is too high (never had it occur otherwise I believe, but then again, that was pretty much always the reason for morale loss on my end)
And yes, they do loose morale when they don't have a bed and are not on guard job. (Some exceptions can be made, ex.: animals, special npcs and such)

Also, where can I get clay?
Dig with a shovel in the swamps (or where you can find trash, those small puddles that slow you down)

Chicken can be bred? I've put male and female chicken in the coop, cage and breeding pen. Noting happens. Do they need natives working on them?
Don't think they can actually be bred, but if you put them in a chicken coop (non-males, up to 3) they lay eggs every morning. the "chicken?" has a chance to lay golden eggs!

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
wow man...they hid this as well...curse shield
but you need to bring a curse orb for trader to show this option. /get shield_44
1722532214705.png

p.s. it still sucks for if enemies attack exceed the hp of the shield, it does reflect as stun damage but it will be broken

Last edited:

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
p.s. it still sucks for if enemies attack exceed the hp of the shield, it does reflect as stun damage but it will be broken
Actually, I never really used shields at all (nor did I ever really block....)
Was wondering, would a shield on an NPC do anything? Or just specific NPCs? Or would just be decorative?
Do you know that, maybe?

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
Actually, I never really used shields at all (nor did I ever really block....)
Was wondering, would a shield on an NPC do anything? Or just specific NPCs? Or would just be decorative?
Do you know that, maybe?
I've given shields to the female PC, but she doesn't ever block. I've also tried to give shields to some female native followers, they can't equip it. On shields it says yona or man. I also never saw any native use the guard animation.

Similarly I made big batch of iron swords to equip my followers (female natives) but they can't equip them. They can only equip tools. On iron swords it says yona, man or young man. Do you know what young man is?

dafab33071

Sep 21, 2020
wow man...they hid this as well...curse shield
The ease of AI combat in the game makes shields pretty pointless no matter how cool they are.
Like yeah, I can perfect parry an attack with the mirror shield and reflect all damage!
...Or you can just slightly move to the right/left and completely avoid any attack.

Reactions: TheOtherDragonborn

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
Oh it was random?
no, only a child from male mc (male mc as a father of them) will become young man
I've given shields to the female PC, but she doesn't ever block. I've also tried to give shields to some female native followers, they can't equip it. On shields it says yona or man. I also never saw any native use the guard animation.

Similarly I made big batch of iron swords to equip my followers (female natives) but they can't equip them. They can only equip tools. On iron swords it says yona, man or young man. Do you know what young man is?
elite large female native does, not the normal one who was caught when wearing leaf clothing tho. The normal one can't use shield, only elite ver of her can

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
elite large female native does, not the normal one who was caught when wearing leaf clothing tho. The normal one can't use shield, only elite ver of her can
Where can I find the large female native and elite female native (except in a raid with the flower totem or something, didn't get that far)?

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
Where can I find the large female native and elite female native (except in a raid with the flower totem or something, didn't get that far)?
nope, they are all require +20lvl or more and flower totems

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
flannan
Thanks for the guide.

Most questions were already answered, but I'll give my answer to this one.
The thing is, workstations are cheap. You can loot tools to make them from natives, or you can easily craft your own. And even pigs for pig breeding farm are easily caught in traps.
Compared to that, villagers and their support buildings are expensive. Wells require a lot of iron, any house above native hut requires a lot of iron, and so on.
As a result, there is no meaning in maximizing workstation productivity. It is perfectly fine to just make a separate workstation for each native hut you have. It is much better to maximize villager productivity by ensuring that there is enough workplaces for every villager to work at the same time.

Also, you can get your pet cats or roosters work the workstations. They don't need any sleep.
And if they are pet werewolves, they don't even need guards.

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
Most questions were already answered, but I'll give my answer to this one.
The thing is, workstations are cheap. You can loot tools to make them from natives, or you can easily craft your own. And even pigs for pig breeding farm are easily caught in traps.
Compared to that, villagers and their support buildings are expensive. Wells require a lot of iron, any house above native hut requires a lot of iron, and so on.
As a result, there is no meaning in maximizing workstation productivity. It is perfectly fine to just make a separate workstation for each native hut you have. It is much better to maximize villager productivity by ensuring that there is enough workplaces for every villager to work at the same time.

Also, you can get your pet cats or roosters work the workstations. They don't need any sleep.
And if they are pet werewolves, they don't even need guards.
That's why I said I will plan on building the well and food box a the centre, so one well can serve 4 workstations worth of villagers. The well fills up pretty fast too.

Since you mentioned werewolves, do they respawn so I can get multiple? And the bigfoot?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes