Besharia

May 6, 2018
Ok wtf am I supposed to do. I drop in, I find a spot to base, I create a bonfire, leaf house, and a wood chest. I go to sleep to recover my health and I get raided by 6 male raiders and 1 big bruiser dude. And now they hang around in the area. How the kark am I supposed to play the game when I get raided on day 1 and can't even get my basics down? My combat sucks because I get killed at the beginning of the game even Rust gives you a chance to get set up first.

Qahlz

Jul 25, 2023
Ok wtf am I supposed to do. I drop in, I find a spot to base, I create a bonfire, leaf house, and a wood chest. I go to sleep to recover my health and I get raided by 6 male raiders and 1 big bruiser dude. And now they hang around in the area. How the kark am I supposed to play the game when I get raided on day 1 and can't even get my basics down? My combat sucks because I get killed at the beginning of the game even Rust gives you a chance to get set up first.
Usually when I get killed, the raid finishes, the raiders leave, and I can respawn at the initial flag. Does that not happen for you?
For combat, you can try a hit-and-run approach. Go in close, retreat when they start the attack animation, then dart back in immediately to get a hit or two in. Rinse and repeat. You'll likely eat a few hits until you're more practiced, and higher stats definitely help.

Reactions: flannan

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Usually when I get killed, the raid finishes, the raiders leave, and I can respawn at the initial flag. Does that not happen for you?
For combat, you can try a hit-and-run approach. Go in close, retreat when they start the attack animation, then dart back in immediately to get a hit or two in. Rinse and repeat. You'll likely eat a few hits until you're more practiced, and higher stats definitely help.
I tap out like it says (and also to avoid being raped) but even when they do kill me they just hang in the area and if I move somewhere else the game spawns another raid. Also how do I get stronger because I've been practicing bow but I can't find a skill associated with it and no matter how arrows I use she makes no improvement. I see a Strength, Health, and Speed stats but nothing that looks related to bow. The club is useless cause it does so little damage. And I can't survive long enough to get industry going to make better gear.

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
I tap out like it says (and also to avoid being raped) but even when they do kill me they just hang in the area and if I move somewhere else the game spawns another raid. Also how do I get stronger because I've been practicing bow but I can't find a skill associated with it and no matter how arrows I use she makes no improvement. I see a Strength, Health, and Speed stats but nothing that looks related to bow. The club is useless cause it does so little damage. And I can't survive long enough to get industry going to make better gear.
its normal to die or get raided on day 1 in this game tho. (-10% of current exp, if u die too much, it can become minus) Bow and arrows aren't good in early game, recommend to use melee instead. (Press F to heavy attack, try upgrading the smashing skill while at it, it doesn't have maximum if u didn't cheat)

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
:HideThePain: feel like i should update the explanation of workstations
  1. A maximum of three people can work in a workstation at the same time
  2. Actually, since there will be a break, the maximum number is 6 people
  3. NPC works intermittently. Generally, a workstation can contain within 4-6 people, or multiple workstations are equipped with multiple people.
  4. The operation also depends on the location. NPCs will give priority running to the workstation at the upper right corner, so it also depends on how you plan your npcs' territory radius to reduce overlap with each other.

Reactions: flannan and timmy95

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
big female native they can spawn during raid if you got flower totem
Addition to the info: they will start spawning only if you get the flower totem AND the raid level high enough (at 100-ish range). Higher number of flower totem (6) turns the entirety of the raid into females for 100% chance of them spawning.

Reactions: John8r9

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Step 1 is to not get raided in the first place. As of v0.16 (haven't checked whether 0.18 changed anything) the game spawns groups of 3 male natives just off-screen from your active player character's position as a "scouting party" and sends them vaguely towards you. These groups will chop trees, chase wildlife, destroy your base structures etc. and also attack your PC. IF THEY AGGRO ONTO YOUR PC there will be a "<character> has been discovered" message and a raid will be scheduled. The raid will target a female character, which often will NOT be your PC even if playing as Yona. Killing the scouting party while they're busy chopping trees, chasing rabbits, whacking your crafting stations or citizens, or letting them die to wildlife or spikes will dispose of the threat without spawning a raid.

Dumping all stat points into attack early on is best for dealing with both scouts (if you 1shot them from behind they will not aggro and thus not spawn a raid) and the raiders themselves. Later when you have more points speed helps a bunch too, especially with the skill perk which makes heavy attacks benefit from it.

Speaking of which, heavy attacks are great for dealing with most things. The damage multiplier affects the boost from your stat points, and generally either running away right as an enemy winds up an attack or running through the enemies then turning on them the instant their attack starts will leave an opening to whack them with a heavy attack. Big natives are slower, so you can kite away until only the regular ones are within range to threaten you until your own heavy attack completes and you can run away again. Running through big natives and immediately whacking them is a pretty safe bet to avoid their attacks.

If you can farm the resources quickly enough you can also craft spikes (and IIRC wooden pillars can be used as indestructible walls) and lure the raiders into those to kill them off.

Jin238

Aug 7, 2024
Addition to the info: they will start spawning only if you get the flower totem AND the raid level high enough (at 100-ish range). Higher number of flower totem (6) turns the entirety of the raid into females for 100% chance of them spawning.
Raid levels don't matter for them to show up, i literally started a new game and put down 5 flower totems and got the big girls to show up, however you can't tame them without the high raid levels because enemies won't drop the fighter orbs until raid level 20 or 50, i forgot which but i used 10 angry pots anyway.

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
Raid levels don't matter for them to show up, i literally started a new game and put down 5 flower totems and got the big girls to show up, however you can't tame them without the high raid levels because enemies won't drop the fighter orbs until raid level 20 or 50, i forgot which but i used 10 angry pots anyway.
Level only affects if you get the “elite” versions or now. The ones dressed in red.

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
Honestly if worst comes to worst use the /ass command once a raid has started to immediately end the raid.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
workstations are the crafted spots for chopping, mining, etc, right?
This game has workbenches, where player crafts stuff. Wood workbench, Iron workbench, campfire and others.
And workstations, where NPCs work to produce stuff out of nothing. Mine, pig farm and others.
NPCs aren't that good at working, so the only value of workstations is in automation and a few resources you can't get elsewhere. For example, a single expedition into an iron mine will produce more iron than an NPC will produce ever.
Crop fields are in-between: can be worked by both player and NPCs. This is a rare case where NPCs are better at it.

Info geek

Jun 21, 2023
What about that weird ass workstation that says to produce craftable items but has empty crafting menu and no input? Looks like some sort of research station.

JeremyJ123bb

Apr 26, 2021
I'm not able to see any of the mods for this game in the steam workshop, in fact, I can't see the community hub for this game at all. I can see the workshops for any other game I search for. Does anyone have any insight into this, or an alternative location for game mods?

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes