Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
wait, this gets a pass on steam :unsure:? interesting
We obviously can't guarantee it'll stay there e.g. if reported, but the game has surprisingly small amounts of sexual content overall and already moved some stuff into a separate "free DLC" download on a different website. A lot of the 18+ content is straightforward gore, dismemberment and torture with a side of cannibalism, at face value not really more sexualised than it would be in the likes of Resident Evil, The Last of Us or GTA. And US censorship bullshit is a lot more lenient on violence compared to sex, A LOT!

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
wait, this gets a pass on steam :unsure:? interesting
Yes, censorship criteria in the West have nothing to do with how a sane person would react to the game. Which is why horror games are allowed.
They had to move loli and shota content to DLC to be allowed on Steam, though.
Thinking about it the other way, you probably can do most things you do in this game, in Rimworld. It just wouldn't be as graphic.

Makeit69

Apr 8, 2022
Makeit69

So I decided to test this and successfully managed to redo the entire Keigo/Reika/Takumi plotline without any issues.

To pull this off though I figured I'd have to reset ALL the quests that were connected with those characters to avoid any conflicts.

For those who want to do this, here's how I did it:

1) Look for your latest save file. You'll find it inside your main Mad Island folder. Go into "Mad Island_Data" folder, then "StreamingAssets" and finally "XML." That's where you'll find all your saves.

2) Backup the one you want to edit. It'll be titled something like SaveData07.xml. Just look for the highest number if you want your most recent save.

3) Once you did the backup, open the file in Notepad or Notepad++ or somesuch.

4) Use Ctrl-F to search for "QuestSave." That will bring you to the section we want to edit.

5) In this section you'll see ALL the main and sub quests in a format like this:

<questKey>Boss_Spider</questKey>
<progress>1</progress>

Now we need to find all the relevant quests and set their respective progress values to 0 (only change the number BTW, don't touch anything else).

These are all the ones I reset:

Main_Reika
Main_Takumi
Main_Takumi1
Main_TakumiFeed
Main_Reika1
Sub_Keigo
Sub_KeigoPendant
Main_Bridge
Sub_Prison

Note that Main_Bridge also needs to be reset to access the Prison sub quest (ie the one with Sally).

Some of these might already be at 0 for you depending how far you've gotten into the main plot, just make sure you set all of the other ones at 0 as well.

And yes, that's a lot of stuff to redo, but it actually goes pretty fast once you know what to do.

The only inconvenience I've noticed so far with redoing all those quests is that you end up with character dupes. Mainly Reika, Keigo (assuming you don't kill him), and Takumi.

I suspected this would happen and so moved my original ones outside of my base before I set off for the first event, just so I could keep track of which were which. I recommend doing this as well.

That said, it's not a huge issue, but it is a little bit weird having dupes of characters that should theoretically be unique LOL.

I suppose I could banish them--maybe even kill them, hmm. Might try that at some point.

EDIT: As per John's reply, note that you can reset the progress of those quests much more easily by using the in-game command /qp. Just use each of the quest names I listed above, one at a time, followed by zero, like so: "/qp Main_Reika 0" etc. Without the quotes, of course ;)
Kind of late but thanks alot, I appreciate it. My dumbass thought that I might messed up if I interrupted the two and would result in some kind of gruesome event but after digging in the community, I found out that there's another event, directed on the male mc. Again thanks.

Reactions: Denkader

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I'm intrigued... Do tell
I am intrigued too. Goblin... Brothel is on Steam. But compared to this game, its only problem is having cannibalism as the main food source.
Games like Black Desert and Rimworld are on the same general level as this one, just less lewd.
There are horror games like Subnautica, but I'm not sure they can be considered much worse, since you are playing as the sane one.

Axvz

Mar 25, 2021
I am intrigued too. Goblin... Brothel is on Steam. But compared to this game, its only problem is having cannibalism as the main food source.
Games like Black Desert and Rimworld are on the same general level as this one, just less lewd.
There are horror games like Subnautica, but I'm not sure they can be considered much worse, since you are playing as the sane one.
How is this even close though? Rimworld on its own has neither rape nor detailed visual depiction of gore and other funny things. And wasn't Black Desert a shitty korean "grind your ass to death" mmo with shit ton of korean fanservice? Did I miss something?

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
How is this even close though? Rimworld on its own has neither rape nor detailed visual depiction of gore and other funny things. And wasn't Black Desert a shitty korean "grind your ass to death" mmo with shit ton of korean fanservice? Did I miss something?
I haven't played those games (well I tried Rimworld but gave up as I found it to be way too complicated for me) but I understand the comment as being about darker games, not similar ones.

Reactions: flannan

Cyberkuro

Sep 16, 2021
pero en la guia esta como m3 y muestra como pasar al otro lado
It does not show how to get to the other side. The guide states that area 24 is "under development". It is referring to a character quest, which will be in a different area (spoiler, you can see the guide for reference too).

Reactions: John8r9

jeybea

Jun 17, 2018
I manage to capture and recruit a female native but when i choose the sex option she say "not yet". How can fuck the female native i recruited?

DKing369

Jan 8, 2023
I manage to capture and recruit a female native but when i choose the sex option she say "not yet". How can fuck the female native i recruited?
dance using male character in front of her to raise your relationship (i forgot what it called). when the relationship is high enough u can ask her. or just force sex using grab

Qahlz

Jul 25, 2023
In addition to dances, you can also make them follow you. While a character follows you, every passing time segment increases relation by 5. It's a lot less tedious, imho, since you can just keep playing and don't have to idle a long time.

jeybea

Jun 17, 2018
In addition to dances, you can also make them follow you. While a character follows you, every passing time segment increases relation by 5. It's a lot less tedious, imho, since you can just keep playing and don't have to idle a long time.
How do i see the affection?

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes