VN Ren'Py Maelstrom: A Yaoi Visual Novel [v1.1] [Y Press Games]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Orellian

May 31, 2021
Do you mean English-speaking BL games? BL games have been around for years. Nitro+ is a really... interesting publisher. 'Sweet Pool' was.. quite the VN..

Reactions: Finn38

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I get that Yaoi stuff is almost exclusively made by women for women... but why do the guys always have to look so 'pretty and feminine'? Where is the facial/body hair? Why do they basically look like women, when they're supposed to be men?
How can they fetishize gay men, when their depictions barely look like us? So many questions, yet so little time!
Hey, you can have your bara if you let us have our pretty boys.

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Anyone else hate the main character? Even before I became bi, people like him always pissed me off.

The only good homophobe is the one bleeding on my boots.
He's not a homophobe. Rejecting the advances of gay men doesn't turn you into such a thing. Hetero people exist and have the right to be respected for their preferences, just as we are for ours. Not liking men is not a prejudice, but a sexual tendency.
The way the LIs come onto him is VERY aggressive, especially when he says "no" a thousand times, so him being upset is understandable and relatable.

Just try imagining these cute, girly characters as huge, morbidly obese men, right? If you are not into that kink, you are going to feel angry and terrified if they fondle you and keep on talking about how sweet your ass is going to taste, and how you will end up surrendering to them because Mother Nature will force you to. It's either that or a gruesome death.
That sucks. Resisting is the instinctive thing to do.

FugginDamaged

May 20, 2020
I think the problem itself is trying to make a straight turn gay without actually going through the motions of self-discovery, they took a shortcut that made most of the characters unlikable sure the art is great and is nice to have less bara, but most of the characters just don't get to the level of others characters from other games

also the "let this dude fuck you or get raped" is really not that good, at least for me. but giving credit where is due the art is really good and is nice to see them changing the art style a little

Last edited:

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
I get that Yaoi stuff is almost exclusively made by women for women... but why do the guys always have to look so 'pretty and feminine'? Where is the facial/body hair? Why do they basically look like women, when they're supposed to be men?
How can they fetishize gay men, when their depictions barely look like us? So many questions, yet so little time!
i am bisexual and only like these kinds of men, hair is disgusting and gets in the way if you ask me skin feels so much nicer
so yeah this game and yaoi in general isnt just for women but allso for bisexual men that like to strike a balance between masculinity and feminity

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020
i am bisexual and only like these kinds of men, hair is disgusting and gets in the way if you ask me skin feels so much nicer
so yeah this game and yaoi in general isnt just for women but allso for bisexual men that like to strike a balance between masculinity and feminity
I mean Yaoi as a genre, in general, is made by women for women but if you happen to be into feminine men as a man then that can be pretty convenient. And that isn't even just my opinion or anything, you can google that topic and read about it yourself in case you're interested. Of course, it isn't just for women, plenty of different people can like something but it's generally catered towards them since they're the target audience.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes