Hatchet Games

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2022
Oh, God, they got me with the April Fools Patreon Prank... :HideThePain:

Anyway, now that I'm done being scared to death, I'll share a little picture of Maeve's last re-touch in her design.
I can't show more since it was a teaser for Patreons/Subscribers only but this I can show since it's a returning facial expression Maeve had anyway. Of course, changes are not limited to her face.
We found the perfect middle ground between her previous and current looks, and we fell in love with her. We believe we made the definitive version of Maeve and many of you will love her as well! (Although we are wondering if the mole should stay or leave. Yes, it's a really tiny detail but those matter as well).

Also, just in case, nope, this is no April Fools joke, we cooked this Maeve re-design a month ago but I forgot to announce on this site that we already got down to work with Maeve.

We owe you an apology for not executing Maeve's previous re-vamp in the best way, we will do our best to not repeat this mistake in the future, and I hope that this proves that we want nothing but the best for our game.

Bye and Have Good Day! :coffee:

1711924417958.png

something123_!?

Apr 7, 2023
Oh, God, they got me with the April Fools Patreon Prank... :HideThePain:

Anyway, now that I'm done being scared to death, I'll share a little picture of Maeve's last re-touch in her design.
I can't show more since it was a teaser for Patreons/Subscribers only but this I can show since it's a returning facial expression Maeve had anyway. Of course, changes are not limited to her face.
We found the perfect middle ground between her previous and current looks, and we fell in love with her. We believe we made the definitive version of Maeve and many of you will love her as well! (Although we are wondering if the mole should stay or leave. Yes, it's a really tiny detail but those matter as well).

Also, just in case, nope, this is no April Fools joke, we cooked this Maeve re-design a month ago but I forgot to announce on this site that we already got down to work with Maeve.

We owe you an apology for not executing Maeve's previous re-vamp in the best way, we will do our best to not repeat this mistake in the future, and I hope that this proves that we want nothing but the best for our game.

Bye and Have Good Day! :coffee:

View attachment 3497194
AYYY SHE GOT THE CUTIE PATOOTIE SMILE HELL YEAH
lookin good so far, can't wait for the next update! yall got an eta on it or still unknown?

Reactions: Fredtheboss

Septaine

Feb 19, 2020
Are the crossed options not yet implemented? Like sex and normal talk, lewd talk, etc. The lust and relationship gauge could be filled from main story only?

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
Are the crossed options not yet implemented? Like sex and normal talk, lewd talk, etc. The lust and relationship gauge could be filled from main story only?
Repeatable/side stuff is not implemented yet.
Game is very barebones as of right now and just progress with main story in updates.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
"Very barebones", while true, probably gives a poor impression. Maeve's Academy actually has a pretty decent amount of content and what is there is very high quality.

But yes, it's pretty narrow right now. The devs are showing intent to make it wider, but for the moment it's mostly a linear story where you can bang a couple hotties in animated scenes. It's very, very high quality though - quality enough that it almost stands out that it doesn't have voice acting!

Very professional job being done here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hatchet Games

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Very professional job being done here.
Not to discredit the developers but I can't say if what I remember I would describe as 'professional' at least in terms of quality control (grammatical errors and such in the writing.) I will say that it has a lot of 'soul' though. This is definitely one of the games I hope is successful.

It also bears mentioning that 'professional' doesn't equal 'good' to begin with. Think of some of the recent horrible AAA titles, very 'professional' but very terrible games as well.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
It also bears mentioning that 'professional' doesn't equal 'good' to begin with. Think of some of the recent horrible AAA titles, very 'professional' but very terrible games as well.
agreed.
professional has always been very soulless.
unoriginal milking... on a high budget.
you want something good, you generally need to go for indie rather than the "pros".

... although technically professional just means it is your profession. so every indie dev who is developing as their job is technically a pro.

Triedanted

Apr 4, 2021
A lot of the game has no BGM, it really needs a constant one that is always playing even when there is no scene happening

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
May be worth looking into some Royalty free music and see if anything fits. I'm pretty sure I've heard a few tracks duplicated over RPGmaker games.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Off the top of my head, you got at least one with the "Friend" (pronounced: Sis-terr), one with the doctor, two with the shortstack demoness, and two with the grey-haired flattie.

No penetration, although I do recall the friend having a fuck scene in one of the earlier versions it seems to have been removed (which makes sense, since it makes you the player more responsible for it if they add it back in later.)

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
Sister? I thought they were childhood friends. There was a sex scene with her in a dream, but it's not clear if it was a memory or just the mc imagining it.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
AFAIC it reeks of "step-twin" patreon mod dodging.
They're friends, but lived together since they were children, interact like siblings, and treated being together like it was forbidden... So they're basically coded as siblings, but called something different so some screaming nanny doesn't call the police on the incest game.

At least that's my take.

Reactions: S1nsational

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
I don't remember any lines suggesting their relationship was taboo. Then again, I barely remember much being said about their relationship. I should replay this game.

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes